Status: Active

This Moment was Held for Me

Xo Frank

The next day at school was extremely boring, particularly in contrast to my day of fun with Frank. Except, my day brightened when Amanda told me that there was an open house party on Wednesday night. Amanda and I both knew it would be difficult to convince my Mom to let me go to a party on a school night. So it was decided that I should just lie and tell her that I was staying at Amanda’s for the night after a study session. Oh, the things we tell our parents.
“So after school on Wednesday you’ll just come to mine? Then we shall go the party?” Amanda confirmed the details of the party with me as we sat up the back of Math class.
“Definitely,” I nodded, “Mom won’t suspect a thing. In fact, she’ll think I’m being a good student.”
Amanda laughed, “The ironic thing is that you are a good student.”
Little did we know a teacher was standing behind us. Mrs Whelmer coughed behind us before saying, “Well not at the moment you aren’t Mia! Get back to work, I expect more from you.”
I made a face at Amanda before turning back to my work quietly.
After lunch, my next class was History. Amanda wasn’t in this class, so I sat alone and doodled on my page whilst the teacher drawled on and on.
“Psst,” a voice whispered.
I looked up to see Elle turned around in her seat in front of me. She had a nasty sneer on her face as she whispered to me, “Hey freak. Don’t think I didn’t see you in those bushes on the weekend.”
I resisted the urge to freak out or let my eyes widen.
Instead I shrugged and replied coolly, “Yeah I was taking a walk by myself.”
She scoffed, “Yeah, no duh. What else would you be doing? You’re such a loner.”
I smiled internally; at least she didn’t see me with Frankie. That would cause trouble. Elle knew my mother was extremely strict. Even back when I was friends with Elle, my Mom always used to lecture the both of us about staying away from boys and boyfriends. I was secretly scared that one day Elle would use this against me.
I shrugged, “Whatever Elle. Your point is?”
She sneered again but stalled dumbly, “Um, just that you’re a loner. Stay out of bushes you stalker.”
I raised my eyebrows, “You think I was stalking you? I have better things to do than follow a dimwit around town.”
She laughed meanly but couldn’t think of another mean retort.
Instead she just sneered and muttered, “Freak,” before turning around in her seat to face the blackboard innocently.
I rolled my eyes. Mondays really were a fucking drag.

“How was school?” Gerard asked as we sorted through comic books together. We sat on the floor behind the counter.
“Pretty shitty,” I began, “But hey, it’s Monday.”
He nodded, “It’s always a letdown after the weekend,” and then he smirked, “Particularly after seeing someone attractive on a Sunday.”
I laughed, “Okay, yes, I hung out with Frankie.”
“When were you gonna tell me!” he pouted.
“I didn’t realize I had to?” I replied.
He looked at me seriously, “You have to! We’re supposed to be bosom buddies!”
I stared at him in disbelief, “Did you just say bosom buddies? That phrase is something pre-pubescent girls read in Judy Bloom books.”
He opened and closed his mouth, “Fine! In my defense, it sounded better in my head.”
I laughed at him, “I sometimes worry about you…”
Gerard whined outloud before continuing to ask me about Frank.
“I dunno,” I shrugged, “We just hung out.”
“Did you have fun?”
“Yeah! Heaps.”
He nodded, “Okay, I get it. You wanna remain secretive, hey?” He fanned his hands out in front my face and lit up his eyes, “You wanna remain the mystery woman.” I arched my left eyebrow as he emphasized ‘mystery.’
I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, you caught me.” In reality, I just didn’t wanna sound too desperate.
He grinned and continued to flip through his comic book.
I remembered that it was my job to invite Gerard and the guys to the party on Wednesday night.
“Hey, are you free Wednesday night?” I asked.
He shrugged, “Dunno.”
“Well what else would you be doing?”
He purposely avoided eye contact and continued looking at the comic book, “Stuff.”
“Like what?” I asked.
“Dunno.”
I sighed with a smile, “Gee, are you trying to be the mystery man?” My voice had a teasing tone.
He mimicked my voice and said, “You caught me.”
I couldn’t help but laugh, “You’re so freaking annoying!”
He smirked, “So I’ve heard.”
I sighed and threw my hands up, “Oh my god! Answer the freaking question.”
He laughed crazily but his face quickly became serious when I stared him down.
“Alright! Yes, I am free Wednesday night,” he said with a smile. “Why?”
I sighed, “There’s this party Amanda and I are going to. Do you wanna come?”
He nodded before asking eagerly, “Can I bring the guys too?”
I smiled, “Of course!”
I was so glad that I didn’t have to encourage him to bring Frankie along.
After work I received a text from the one and only, Frankie. With a smile, I read his text message:
Hey! Gee mentioned a party on Wednesday night?
I quickly typed my response and clicked send. It read:
Yup, it’s an open house party starting at 7.30. Can you make it?
Before too long my phone beeped again with his reply:
Definitely. I was mostly checking that Gee wasn’t pulling a prank on me…which he has done before.
I laughed out loud when I read Frankie’s reply. I could imagine Gerard doing that type of joke on Frank.
I typed my final reply to Frank:
Haha fuck, I swear that boy is crazy. I look forward to seeing you Wednesday night.

As I was drifting off to sleep my phone beeped again. I lazily pulled my phone out from under Moo’s fur. I flipped it open to read:
Goodnight Mia, sleep tight. Xo Frank.