Status: Active

This Moment was Held for Me

Party and Pecks

The next morning I woke up with a smile on my face and my mobile still clasped in my hand. I quickly sat up and closed my phone down. I remembered my text conversation with Frank. I also remembered the fact that I didn’t do any homework at all last night! I cursed to myself before choosing an outfit and began to get ready at fast speed. I wanted to get to school early and finish off my homework. Falling behind on schoolwork would not only earn me a detention, but also a lecture from my mother which could easily jeopardize my already constricted social agenda.
I soon found myself in the library finishing off my Math homework from yesterday. I flipped through my diary in an attempt to plan the week ahead. I had a small assignment due on Thursday for History. I decided I should complete it tonight before the party on Wednesday night. Thankfully, my classes whizzed by quickly and my Tuesday night continued in an uneventful pattern. I finished my History homework with ease and printed it out so that on Thursday morning I could just pick it off my desk with no hassle.
After dinner, I went back into my room and found another message on my phone from Frank. I felt sort of guilty seeing as I hadn’t replied to his message from last night, and I hadn’t texted him at all today. Still, it was refreshing to see that he was willing to contact me despite my lack of effort.
His message read:
Tomorrow is the party! Rest up Mia. Xo Frank.

Wednesday afternoon was hectic. As soon as the end of school bell rang, Amanda pulled my hand and dragged me out to her car. We sped off to her house despite a few parents beeping at us angrily. We ran up her stairs together and began the process of getting ready. At 7.15pm Gerard knocked on her front door.
“Hello!” she sung out as she opened the door to greet them all. We all gave each other friendly hugs and chatted about the party. We were halfway down Amanda’s street when I realized I’d forgotten my bag.
“Wait a sec!” I called out to them. “I’ve gotta go back and grab my bag!”
Everyone groaned and said they’d wait as I ran back to get it. Except Frank cut in (surprisingly he was loud enough to be heard over Gerard’s slight tantrum) and said that he would walk back with me and we would catch up with everyone later at the party. The guys continued to walk off down the street while Frank and I headed in the opposite direction back to Amanda’s house.
I smiled at Frank, “Thanks for coming with me.”
He grabbed my hand confidently, “You don’t really think I’d let you walk around New Jersey alone, at night?” he said.
I stuck my nose in the air pretending to be offended, “I’m quite capable.”
He smiled, “I don’t doubt it. But you’re also very attractive,” he said wiggling his eyebrows.
I giggled, “Get your hormones under control, boy.”
He flopped his arm over my shoulder, bringing me closer to his side, “I am older than you, remember? I’m not some inexperienced 16 year old.”
I laughed jokingly, “Hm, well sometimes I wonder with you..”
He shoved me playfully so that we were now a foot apart again, “Shut it!”
I pouted and as we were walking up the driveway of Amanda’s I made my way back to his side. He looked at me from the corner of his eye as I attached myself to his arm again.
He smirked slightly, “Can’t keep away hey?”
I laughed, “Nah, it’s just I need an escort. I’m attractive, remember?”

Frank and I finally arrived at the party.
“Hey man,” Gerard said patting Frank’s back as we found them outside.
“Want a drink?” Ray offered me as Gerard and Frank continued to chat.
“Sure,” I replied.
We all began drinking beers and sat around in a circle on the lawn. Their playful personalities soon were on show again. Gerard was telling Amanda and me about the troubles of living out of home with no parents to cook dinner.
“Anyway,” Gerard continued, “So we were really hungry but there was shit all to eat in the pantry.”
Mikey laughed, “Plus we were sick of ordering pizza. We’re pretty much on a nickname basis with the delivery dude.”
Amanda and I suddenly looked at each other and giggled as we both remembered Amanda bugging me about Frank and I being on nickname basis too.
“What?” asked Mikey looking at Amanda and I.
“Nothing!” we said in unison.
Gerard shrugged and continued loudly, “Anyway…Mikey suggested that we have something simple. So I left him to be the cook.”
“Bad move,” said Frank shaking his head.
Mikey yelled out defensively, “Shut up! It was one time!”
Gerard coughed loudly, “Ahem! I’m telling the story!” He looked at Amanda and I again, “Okay, as I was saying. Mikey was playing chef while I went out to watch TV.”
“Aw poor slave child,” I said laughing at Mikey. I could so easily imagine Gerard sprawled on the couch while Mikey tripped around the kitchen.
“And then,” Gerard continued, “Next thing I know I’m walking back into the kitchen and what is Mikey doing? He’s lying on the freaking floor with a fork in his hand. Know what happened? He stuck it in the toaster which was turned on!”
Mikey interrupted at this point, “It wouldn’t come out! The toast would have burned!”
I shook my head and laughed, “Why didn’t you just use the ‘stop’ button?”
Amanda rolled her eyes, “You boys.”
Mikey grinned, “At least I don’t get asked to cook dinner anymore.”
Gerard laughed, “Don’t make out like it was part of your genius master plan.”
Gerard proceeded to explain why he was the only genius in the Way family. Meanwhile, I zoned out as Frank started talking to me.
“Do you want another drink?” he asked me politely.
I shrugged, “Sure. I want something other than beer though…” I said looking around for the drinks cooler.
He grabbed my hand and started leading me back into the house, “Let’s look in the kitchen for you then.”
I smiled at how caring he was. Also, I smiled about how much he reminded me of a little boy who was always on the move or finding something to do.
We entered the kitchen which was packed with people. The music was so loud inside the house I was surprised the party hadn’t been shut down by the police. Frank started opening up pantry cupboards.
“Nope, not here,” he said to himself as he shut one door and opened the other.
I started getting sleepy from the effects of the alcohol. I leant against the kitchen bench and waited. Frank continued to dig around the unknown kitchen. My eyes suddenly snapped open when I heard an aggressive voice.
“What the fuck are you doing?” growled a male voice. It was the host of the party, Jack. He was a popular guy at my school and everyone knew him for two things: his great parties…and his temper.
Frank frowned at Jack and said, “What does it look like? We want a drink and a glass.” He opened another cupboard door and continued his search.
“Who the fuck invited you? Punks and freaks aren’t welcome here,” Jack said, ignoring Frank’s explanation. Jack eyed Frank’s tattoos and piercings. Frank took his hands off the cupboard door and turned around to face me. He raised his eyebrows at me; he didn’t seem worried about Jack at all. I shook my head at Frank; I was trying to tell him not to spark Jack’s temper. Unfortunately one shake of the head doesn’t fully communicate this. People were starting to look at Frank and Jack as Jack slammed his drink down on the kitchen counter.
“Man, just calm down,” Frank said still frowning at Jack’s unreasonable anger.
“Don’t you fucking tell me to fucking calm down like some gay boy. This is my fucking home anyway,” Jack growled.
I gulped and slithered over to stand next to Frank. I put my hand on his shoulder and went to whisper quickly in his ear a warning about Jack. Except Jack suddenly narrowed his eyes to me.
“Oh this fucking explains everything,” he said, “One freak brings yet another.”
I blushed in embarrassment. I didn’t want Frank to think I was an outcast. Not that it really mattered; but I wasn’t one. I had my fair share of friends around the school.
I flipped Jack off, “Fuck off. You advertised this as an open party, remember?”
He took two steps towards Frank and I whilst sneering, “What did you say, bitch? Pretty girls like you shouldn’t have such a dirty mouth.”
Frank put his hand out and pushed me behind him before warning Jack, “Don’t speak to her like that.”
Jack glared at Frank. Silence fell in the room and some people girls gasped. Next thing I knew, Frank took a swing at Jack which skimmed Jack’s ear. Jack swore and threw his fist into Frank’s face sending Frank flying back onto the floor, taking me down with him. Jack sneered, spat on the side of the floor, and walked away. Noise in the room resumed as people started talking wildly about what just happened. Honestly, it happened as quickly as it was over. I wasn’t concerned about gossip. I was concerned about Frank who I cradled in my lap.
“Are you okay? Frank?” I said with panic. He slowly shook his head and wriggled so his head was close to my chest. I supported his head with concern.
“Talk to me! Are you okay?” I repeated.
Frank softly whimpered and just pushed his head into me. I was scared he had concussion.
“Frank!” I repeated as I brushed hair out off his forehead.
I thought I saw a flicker of a small or smirk as he continued to nuzzle his head up my torso and in between my chest. I then realized that Frank was indeed fine and was just taking advantage of his close position to me.
I had a huge grin on my face as I scoffed and pushed his head off my chest. Frank giggled and sat up pouting, “Hey,” he said. No one was paying attention to us now. We sat on the floor together. I continued to laugh at what Frank did.
“But seriously,” I said controlling my laughter, “Are you okay?”
He smiled back, “Yeah that guy is just a raging asshole.”
“I’m glad you’re okay,” I said brushing some of his hair that had been messed up. I continued again with a smile, “But answer me next time! I was worried! And don’t play games with me,” I raised my eyebrow as I finished. I was such a sucker for playful (or flirty) guys and their tricks.
He laughed playfully, “I thought you’d hit me again because of it.”
I bit my lip and scooted closer to him, “I wouldn’t dare.” Quickly, I leant across and pecked him on the cheek. Frankie looked at me for a moment before breaking out in a wide grin.

“Where have you guys been?” Gerard slurred to us as we rejoined the group on the grass.
“We heard there was a fight,” Frankie said with a smirk as he looked at me.
“Really?!” asked Amanda with interest. I may be a sucker for flirty games but Amanda was a sucker for drama.
“Damn,” chuckled Bob, “Can’t believe we missed it.”
I shrugged, “It wasn’t that big. Some pansy just got knocked down.”
Frank giggled and lightly shoved me before plopping himself down onto the grass. He pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and took a drag.
“Want one?” he offered me between a breath.
I shook my head, “Nah, I don’t smoke.”
He shrugged and sprawled himself out on the grass as he continued to smoke.
The group continued to chatting, laughing and drinking. Amanda kept looking over to me and winking. I was thankful that Frankie was on his back so he couldn’t see Amanda’s obvious looks. After Frank finished his cigarette he sat up again and tugged on the hem of my top.
“Mia,” he whined.
I was absorbed in a conversation with Ray about high school.
“Mia!” Frank said a little louder as he tapped my shoulder. I excused myself from talking to Ray and turned to look at Frank, “What!” I said exasperated.
He grinned that he now had my attention, “I’m bored. Wanna take a walk?”
I sighed, “Last time we left the group, you got into trouble.”
He grinned, “Get used to it.” He stood up and brushed himself off before offering his hand to me.
I eyed it suspiciously before returning his smile and grasping his hand to hoist myself off the ground.
“We’ll be back,” Frank called over his shoulder to the guys.
We headed up the side of the house this time.
“Thanks for being so brave,” I said, “You know, with Jack...”
He shrugged, “It was nothing. He shouldn’t talk like that to you. Plus, he shouldn’t be a general dickhead.”
I laughed, “I reckon.”
My laugh was cut short when we turned the corner and entered the front lawn. Jack, with a girl in tow, was walking down the same side of the house as we were.
“Speak of the devil,” I muttered.
Jack saw Frank and cracked his knuckles, “I thought I told you to get the fuck out of my house.”
Frank rubbed the back of his neck, sighed, and looked back up at Jack with a smile. I knew that was not a good move. I could even see the blonde behind Jack’s back bit her lip at Frank’s nonchalance.
“Actually, you never specifically told me to get out,” Frank said still amused with Jack’s ridiculous anger.
Jack was not used to people reacting like Frank. Usually they just whimpered or ran away. Jack cursed and advanced towards Frank roughly with his arms spread open as though he wanted to tackle Frank to the floor. Frank grabbed my hand, and together we ducked under Jack’s open arms. We continued running off Jack’s property and down the street. We could hear Jack yelling and cursing as we continued to run until we reached the end of the street. Suddenly Frank and I came to a halt, looked at each other, and burst out laughing.
“What an actual idiot,” I said between breaths, “He needs anger management.”
Frank laughed and pulled me into a hug before quickly pecking me on the lips.
“What was that for?” I said coyly.
He shrugged, “Running away with me.”
I grinned, “I’d follow you anywhere.”
Frank smirked, “Really?”
I rolled my eyes and nudged his shoulder with mine, “Yeah yeah, don’t let it get to your head,” I laughed, “Now c’mon, let’s go back to mine.”
We continued walking together until we reached mine. I wasn’t thinking too much about my Mom seeing as I was still drunk. But I was cautious enough to shush Frank when we were walking up the stairs to my bedroom. When we finally reached my room and shut the door, we both flopped onto the bed with a giggle. We lay next to each other on the bed. He turned to face me and smiled.
“What?” I whispered as I studied his face.
He smiled, “Nothing,” his voice sounded content, “I just like hanging out with you.”
I bit my lip, realizing that I had a beautiful boy staring at me in my bed. At that point, I couldn’t care less that my Mom was down the hall. I didn’t care about the risk. I was just happy being with Frank.
“Me too,” I whispered back to Frank with a smile, “I really do too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Liking it still?
We're getting closer and closer to more Frank and Mia romance ;)