Status: Active

This Moment was Held for Me

Party Preparation

Saturday was spent getting ready for the party. Frank surprised me again by coming over early in the afternoon. I was standing in the middle of my room trying to decide on an outfit while Frank lay on my bed watching me.
“Does this look okay?” I said as I held a dress against me.
Frank lazily looked over, “Yeah I like it.”
“I don’t know,” I said as I threw it over my shoulder and continued digging in my closet.
“I said I liked it!” Frank repeated.
I smiled, “I know you did. I just want to keep looking.”
Frank sighed with amusement, “Girls...”
I looked at him and smiled, “Would you rather I turn up wearing any old thing?”
He hopped off the bed, walked over to me, and hugged me from behind.
“I like you just the way you are,” he said into my ear as he shifted his chin onto my shoulder. I noticed that his voice was husky.
I giggled and ignored his hands on my waist which usually meant he wanted some affection. I continued searching in my closet as Frank stood behind me and watched me. Each time I’d look in the mirror, sigh, and throw the piece of clothing over my shoulder.
“I can’t find anything!” I whined. I pulled a hoodie on over my shirt and examined how I looked. Frank reached out and I felt his hand against my ass.
“Hey!” I said with surprise as I turned around.
“What?” Frank asked innocently.
“What are you doing?”
“The hem of your hoodie was caught up,” Frank explained before a smirk appeared on his face, “Why,” he said slyly, “Did you think I was…groping you?”
I laughed, “No, never mind.” Oops, I sometimes mistook Frank for a boy with raging hormones.
“You did, didn’t you?!” Frank insisted with a grin.
I giggled at him as he continued, “Nah,” he sighed, “If I really wanted to grope you, I’d just do this,” he said with a grin as he reached out and smacked my ass.
“Frank!” I giggled and pulled away from him.
He shrugged, still grinning, “You pretty much asked for it.”
Suddenly there was a knock on the door (even though the door was open) and I jumped away from Frank.
She looked at me somewhat suspiciously before saying, “Hi Frank.”
He smiled at her politely, “Hey Mrs Edwards.”
“I didn’t expect you here,” she said gazing at him, “What are you two up to?”
I spoke up, “Frank’s just giving me some friendly advice on what to wear,” I said with an emphasis on ‘friendly.’
Frank looked at the floor awkwardly.
Mom nodded slowly, “Okay, that’s good.”
The three of us all stood there in awkward silence for a moment before Mom coughed and spoke again.
“Well I’ll leave you two it,” she added, “Nice to see you here again, Frank.”
Frank nodded, “Thanks Mrs Edwards. It’s nice to hang out here.”
Mom raised her eyebrow slightly and said, “Well yes,” she then turned her head to look at me and said pointedly, “it’s nice for Mia to have a new friend.” I had to clench my jaw as I noticed that she slightly emphasized ‘friend.’ As Mom walked out she pushed against the door so that it was as open as possible.
Frank and I were awkward for a moment before he cleared his throat and said, “So Gee texted me earlier and wanted to know whether he could come over to yours before the party?”
I tried to snap back to being normal but was a little over enthusiastic, “Sure!”
Frank nodded, sat back down on the bed, and was absorbed in his phone.

“Ta-da!” Gerard yelled as he swung open my bedroom door, “I’m here!” he declared.
I quickly scrambled to cover myself because I was getting changed, “Fuck!” I screamed, “The door is closed for a reason,” I added.
Gerard looked me up and down with a smirk, “Doesn’t matter! We’re bosom buddies!” he reminded me with a grin.
I frowned and quickly pulled up my jeans as I grumbled, “Doesn’t mean you can burst in.”
Gerard ignored me and gazed around my room, “So this is your room, hey?” He started picking up my makeup and examining my jewelry which was laid out on my desk.
“The chamber of girly secrets,” he giggled to himself.
I rolled my eyes and muttered, “For god sake.”
He sat down and spun around on my computer chair, “Why are you so pissy?”
“I’m not!” I said defensively. I was just still put out by the awkward encounter between Mom, Frank and I.
“You fought with Frank?” Gerard guessed as he stroked his imaginary beard.
“No,” I sighed.
“Where is he anyway?” Gerard asked.
“In the bathroom. He is getting changed as well,” I said pointing down the hall.
Gerard wiggled his eyebrows, “Is he now?” he said to himself. Before I knew it, Gerard took off down the hallway in the direction of the bathroom. A moment later I heard him wrench open the squeaky bathroom door and scream “Ta-da!” which was then followed by Frank’s shouts and Gerard’s giggles.
Once they came back to my room and I finished my make up, we all decided it was time to leave. We called a taxi and headed off into the night.