Status: Active

This Moment was Held for Me

Breakfast

The next day I woke early to a car honking outside. I peered out my window with interest and was surprised to see Frank sitting in a car grinning out his window.
“What are you doing?” I yelled down to him.
“Mom gave me her car for the day! Wanna drive around town?”
I grinned down at him, “Give me 5 minutes.”
I threw on some shorts and a big hoodie. I quickly scribbled a note to my Mom and ran down the stairs to Frank.
“Hello legs,” Frank said whilst eyeing my legs up and down when I opened the car door.
I giggled, “Hello Frankie.”
“Get in here!” he said excitedly as he wiggled his eyebrows.
I felt so happy that Frank and I were back to normal. It was like he had just forgotten everything bad that had happened last night. That’s what I really loved about Frank.
“Where are we going?” I said as I strapped myself in.
He shrugged, “Where do you want to go?”
“Let’s get breakfast!”
He nodded happily as he took off, “Breakfast it is.”
We pulled in at a little café and sat down to order. I laughed when Frank peeked over his menu to look at me.
“What do you want?” he said, still grinning after we laughed together.
“Pancakes!” I said excitedly, “You?”
“Eggs and toast,” Frank decided.
After waiting a short while, our meals finally came. Frank dug in hungrily and I couldn’t help but giggle.
“What are we doing today?” I said after taking a sip of water.
“I wanna go to the mall, is that cool?” he said between mouthfuls.
“Sure, I’ve got no plans anyway,” I said.
Once we were finished we drove over to the mall. Frank played their band demo as we drove. It was strange to hear their stuff recorded; even if it was terrible self-recorded quality. I bopped my head along to some songs and others I just sat in awe of Gerard’s amazing vocal talent.
“You guys are so talented,” I exclaimed after the demo stopped and we pulled into a parking lot.
Frank smiled, “We’re really hoping for an album. Hopefully someone will hear our stuff while we’re playing and pass it along.”
“You can do it Frank,” I said encouragingly.
We clasped hands as we walked through the shopping centre doors and continued chatting.
“Actually I wanna look at some guitars today. If we’re going to be playing weekly then I should upgrade my guitar.”
We entered a music store and Frank excitedly jogged over to the guitar section. Meanwhile, I perused the merchandise section. I found a really cool “The Smiths” shirt and grabbed my size. Just as I was walking to the counter, I spotted a basket filled with gloves. I was a huge fan of gloves, particularly fingerless ones, and was so excited when I saw them. I started digging through and gasped when I picked up a fingerless pair with a skeleton print on them.
“So cool!” I exclaimed to myself.
I decided to buy the shirt and the gloves. I knew that Frank would love the gloves and I wanted to surprise him with them as almost a ‘sorry’ gift for last night. That boy made me so happy on a daily basis and it was shitty of me to ruin the one night that was important to him.
“Ready?” Frank said as he hugged me around the waist from behind. I held my purchases close to my chest which were in a bag.
“Didn’t you find anything?” I said to Frank.
“Nah,” he shrugged, “I’ll have to save up a little longer.”
Once we arrived back at the car, I held the gloves out to Frank.
“I thought of you when I saw these,” I explained.
He grinned madly, “These are sick! I can’t believe it!”
I laughed, “I thought you’d like them. They’re so cool.”
He slipped his hands through them excitedly and waggled his fingers.
“Thanks,” he said before pecking my lips.

Frank and I continued driving around through town until we saw Gerard walking along the sidewalk. He was scratching his messy raven-black hair and had a coffee in hand.
“Let’s pull over,” I suggested to Frank when we spotted him.
“Wind your window down and say something seedy to him,” Frank giggled.
I quickly wound my window down, stuck my head out of the window, and said “Get in the car, pretty boy,” in a silly voice.
Gerard spun around with surprise but smiled when he saw it was us.
“Hey pumpkins,” he said as he plopped himself into the back seat.
“Hey,” said Frank as he waved purposely to show his gloves off. We were pulled over on the side of the road and both Frank and I had turned around in our seats to greet Gerard.
“Oh my god!” Gerard said when he noticed Frank’s gloves. He had grabbed Frank’s hands with delight and was studying his the gloves. “These are amazing!” he continued.
“I know, right?” Frank said coolly, “Mia bought them for me,” he added on proudly.
Gerard was envious, “Man! I want some."
“I think that was the only pair left,” I said to Gerard.
Gerard was quiet for a moment as he thought, then suddenly his face light up, “I know! I’ll get some made!”
Frank giggled, “They won’t be as good as mine, pretty boy.”
Gerard rolled his eyes and then grinned slyly, “Nah, they’ll be better.”
“How could they be better?” Frank said suspiciously.
Gerard continued to grin crazily, “I’m going to make a full body suit. A skeleton suit!” he exclaimed as he explained the design to us.
“That’s freaky,” I said, “But really cool.”
Frank raised his eyebrows and turned back to the steering wheel as he muttered, “I still prefer gloves.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Frank's skeleton gloves. I just wanted to add that in and build on the relationship of Frank and Mia.