Status: Active

This Moment was Held for Me

Happy Place

Over breakfast the next morning, Amanda and I swapped stories of last night. She and Gerard fully made out and he confessed that he liked her. Needless to say, Amanda was euphoric. I told her the basic outline of what happened between Frank and I. She thought it was “terribly romantic” that he held me at the concert and kissed me.
“So what are your plans for today?” Amanda said whilst sipping a cup of tea.
“I gotta do some homework.”
She fake yawned, “Boring…”
“Well some of us have grades to maintain!”
She laughed, “Are you saying I’m dumb?”
“No, but you’re lazy,” I said.
She shrugged, “Yeah, that’s true.”
“Anyway, I’ve got to do that. And maybe tomorrow I’ll see Frank,” I finished.
“Oh really?!” she squealed.
I nodded, “He said last night that I should come over to his place.”
“Oooh,” she said, “Well have fun,” Amanda winked at me.
Rolling my eyes I muttered, “I swear you make everything suggestive.”
When I returned home to my house I immediately started on my homework. I didn’t want to have any left over for tomorrow seeing as I was hanging out with Frank. After I finished I popped on some music and lay on my bed. Amanda was right, I thought. Things with ‘the gang’ were really exciting.
My Mom knocked on my door and interrupted my memories of last night.
“Hi sweetie,” she said as she slipped into my room.
I sat up, “What’s up?”
She smiled at me, “Wanna go shopping with me? Maybe we could get you some new clothes?”
I grinned, “As long as you’re paying.”
She rolled her eyes, “Don’t I always?”

We arrived at the shop and grabbed some food and a coffee. We looked around at a few clothing shops but there wasn’t really anything nice.
“What a shame,” Mom sighed, “I would have loved to get you a new outfit.”
I smiled, “That’s okay, I don’t really need anything else at the moment anyway.”
As we went to exit the shopping centre, I stopped in my tracks as I noticed a familiar face. It was Elle, the cheerleader, shopping by herself. She coughed nervously when she saw my Mother and I. In any other situation, she would have flicked her hair and walked away. But Mom had always adored Elle whenever she used to come over and Mom never quite understood why we fell out.
Mom gasped and smiled, “Well look who it is! It’s Rachelle. Let’s say hi Mia,” she said whilst tugging me over to Elle. Little did she know how much ‘Rachelle’ had changed.
Mom smiled, “We haven’t seen you in such a long time Rachelle! It’s so nice to see you again.”
Elle put on a fake smile, “Oh Mrs Edward I know, it’s just that things get so busy, don’t they?”
I couldn’t believe that Elle was making out as though we were still friends. I just stared at her in disbelief. However, she was only looking at my Mom; she was ignoring me on purpose.
“Oh don’t worry, I understand. You’ve just grown up so much Rachelle!” my Mom gushed.
Elle nodded politely, “We all do,” she said before finally looking at me with a patronizing glare, “Don’t we, Mia?” She said my name almost bitterly with an emphasis on the ‘M.’ Though, my Mom didn’t seem to notice.
My face remained emotionless, “Yeah. It’s a shame some of us turn into bitches in the process.”
My mother raised her eyebrows in surprise and looked at me, “Excuse you, Mia. What on earth has gotten into you?”
I shook my head and remained silent.
Elle regained her composure and plastered a fake smile on her face again, “That’s fine Mrs Edwards. Mia sometimes says strange things.”
My Mom laughed, “She does, doesn’t she! I thought I was the only one who thought that.”
I clenched my jaw. I can’t believe my Mom was being so friendly to my ex-best friend.
Elle shrugged, “Oh well. I best be off now,” she ignored looking at me again. She stepped in to hug my Mom. She quickly shot me a glare over my Mom’s shoulder. I would have punched her right then and there, except her head was too close to my Mom’s. Elle walked off and Mom and I continued out the exit.
“What a nice girl,” she smiled.
I clenched my jaw and remembered Amanda’s advice about being mad. I breathed out and pretended to be in my happy place. This time, however, my happy place had a few more members. I imagined Gerard, Frank, Mikey, Bob and Ray surrounding me and Amanda as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm just building on the character of Mia and Elle a little bit. Trust me, this has a purpose too. Sorry that there's no Frankie here haha.
Also, a thank you to the following for commenting:
i'mNotOkayTrustMe17
Renee Anne
xx.RAWR!.xx

The next few chapters will be up soon. They are a lot of fun :D