Status: Completed!

A Hard (Love) Life

After Joey Leaves

Cam's POV.

After Joey and Jo left, I drop Zach off at his house and then drive home. When I get in the front door, it is around 8:00 (PM). I go inside the living room to find the usual. My mom is napping on the recliner, while Cindy and Cathy run around like manics. Cat and Vic are in the dinning room, studding. My dad is still at work, he usually comes home around 9:00 , so it's my job to put Cindy and Cathy to bed. They have to be in bed by 8:35 . So I basically I have half an hour to get them ready for bed. I sigh. Might as well start now.

I duck as a doll comes flying towards me.
"Cindy, Cathy!" I say.

The skid to a stop.

"What time is it?" I ask.

They look at the clock and there eyes go huge.
"8:16?" They say.

I nod.
"And what does that mean?'" I ask.

"Get ready for bedtime." They say, I nod. Cindy goes into the downstairs bathroom, while Cathy goes to the upstairs bathroom.

"Cam, can you help me?" Cat asks.

I walk over.
"With what?" I ask.

"This stupid math question." She replies.

I look at it.
"Sure." I say.

"Thanks." Cat says.

I nod then help her and Vic with a few math problems, while Dy and Cath brush their teeth ans stuff.

"Thanks." Cat and Vic say when they understood.

I nod just as Dy comes out of the bathroom. She goes upstairs just as Cath comes downstairs in her pj's.

"Good girl." I say.

She smiles.

Dy comes down stairs in her pj's.

"Good girl." I say again.

She smiles.

"What time is it?" I ask them again. For some reason they really like anything to do with time.

They look.

"8:20?" They say.

I nod.

They grin.

For the next ten minutes they wandered around my room. They really seem to like my Basses.

At 8:20, I read them a (bedtime) story. They really like there stories too.

When they fell asleep at 8:35 on my lap, I pick up Dy and put her in her bed then the same with Cath.

I go downstairs, help Cat and Vic with a few more questions then around 8:45 Vic leaves.

Me and Cat plop down on the couch and start watching TV.

Around 8:55, mom wakes up and goes into the kitchen. Five minutes later, dad comes home.

"Hey, Dad." Me and Cat say.

"Hey kids." Dad says, hugging us.

"Your mother in the kitchen?" He asks.

We nod. He goes into the kitchen.

At 9:30, Cat goes to bed. I was laying on my bed talking to Joey on my cell. I have been talking to Joey since 9:06. At 9:36 we hung up and I just lay there.

I fell asleep around midnight.