Seeing Dead People

Woah.

Friday the 13th.
One of the most unlucky days. More like the most boring days. Just like every other day.

"Scotty boy!" Leon cheered walking into my room, giving me a hi-5 and slouched on my bed next to me.

"What's up?" I ask, despite being entranced playing Halo 2, Live, on my Xbox.

"Oh nothing just- Dude, shooter, top left." Leon quickly pointed out, also with is eyes glued to my TV screen.

"Thanks," I reply and aim to the shooter about to shoot me. In this world, it's either kill, and get points, or be killed and loose your weapon. "Got ya," I smile triumphantly.

"Anywho, guess who's in town?" Leon shifts further onto my bed picking up a Fantastic Four comic and flicks through the pages.

"Hm? Let's see... Roger Rabit?" I say and hide behind a building.

"Yeah, he says hi by the way and that he enjoyed dinner," Leon joked and I laughed. "Amy's here".

"Amy? The love of your life Amy?"

"No, cyclops Amy," He says sarcastically. I can tell he's getting nervous by the way he fidgets with the page of my comic book.

"What about her?" I ask running past a building.

"She's in town," He repeats as if I'm stupid.

"Yeah, no shit. I mean, why are you telling me?"

"Because she wants to go out..."

I blink. I press the microphone button on my headphones "I'm out guys. See you." and sign off. I take the headphones off and put the control down and face Leon "Leon, you've crushed on this girl since we were 11. How is that bad?".

"It's not! But she wants to go to this carnival and she's bringing a friend..."

"No," I simply reply and grab my Fantastic Four comic away from him throwing it on the pile of other comics next to my bed.

"What? Oh come on! Her friend's pretty cute!"

"Get someone else," I growl and stand up swiping my can of coke of the desk and take a swig. I lean on the desk facing Leon.

"Dude, everyone else has a girlfriend and besides, you're my best friend. You got to do this for me."

"That's a lame excuse," I grunt

"No it's not. Dude, come on! She's a pretty cute blonde. That's your style isn't it?"

"I'm not interested," I laughed at him and took another swig of my coke.

"Please? Do I have to beg you?" He asks. I roll my eyes at him when he gets up off the bed and kneels infront of me "Please? Please, please, please, please?!"

"Oh, that's pathetic. Get up," I say slightly embarressed by the situation.

"Please, please, please, please, please?"

"Dude, knock it off."

"Please, please, please, please, please, please, please?"

"I'm not going."

Leon jumps up "Dude! I may finally be able to get the girl of my dreams. The only thing standing in my way is you refusing to come to a stupid carnival. For the love of Pacman, do this for me. Please?"

I sigh defeated "Fine."

&&&&&&

"Yo Leon." Amy raises her hand slightly to get Leon's attention as we walk over. "Scott." She nods at me "This is Lisa."

"Hey." Lisa shyly smiles.

"Now that we've made introductions how about we go?" Leon said impatiently and we all walked into the park where the Carnival was being held.

The carnival was pretty boring and my legs were starting to ache. The best part about it was watchin Leon try to win a stuffed animal by shooting ducks. Genius. Lisa had said the odd word but she seemed pretty shy... and bored at this moment in time.

"I fancy some candy floss," Amy said out loud.

"Yeah actually, me too." Lisa perked up with a smile. "Want to get some?"

"We got to get tickets for the next show..." Amy frowned

"We can get them if you want?" Leon suggested.

"You sure?" Amy asked

"Yeah no problem," Leon replied and I shrugged.

"Awesome," Amy chimed sweetly and ran off with Lisa.

"You are such a suck up to that girl." I shook my head joking

"Shut up, dude." He punched me lightly in the arm and we went to the Tent to get tickets for the next show.

&&&&&&&

We sat, unfortunately, in the front row and I had managed to land myself a seat next to Amy and Lisa. Fun, fun, fun. Don't get me wrong, Lisa's pretty decent looking but girls are evil. I'm not falling for any girl's charm. E-V-I-L. End of.

We watched a guy saw a girl in 3 and a girl hula hoop, another guy flip, bend, rotate all over the place, a midget eat glass and many others. The last act was meant to be "special". I looked to my right quickly and at the same time Lisa glanced at me and smiled. I smile back but look back to the stage.

"Ladies and Gentleman please welcome Andrea Norton!"

Everyone clapped and a few people cheered. She looked like a 50 year old angsty type of goth but also nervous. She smiled and waved to a few people and gulped in the front of the spot light.

She pointed to an empty chair. She seemed to be concentrating and lifted up her finger. The chair went up with it. People gasped and clapped. She lowered the chair and turned around to face a guy with water balloons on stage. She nodded and he lunged a water balloon at her. Her hand stopped the balloon in mid air. The guy walked over to the ballon showing a pin to the audience and prinked the balloon making ink run out. They were ink balloons.

With her other hand she froze the ink and made it drift in mid air.

"This is so fake," Leon whispered to me leaning over Amy who giggled.

Andrea's eyes seemed to flicker out of focus and the ink squirted onto her and the guy. I snorted with laughter and she looked at me angrily.

"Uh oh," I mumbled to myself.

Angrily she stomped over to me and grabbed my face. "I curse you with second sight," she hissed and attempted to push me and ran away.

There was silence in the tent. Tension was rising and everyone had froze. No-one knew what to do.

"Maybe we should go?" Lisa suggested slowly

"Good idea." Leon nodded and the four of us stood up and rushed out of the tent. As soon as I barged out the tent I noticed more people than I had done before but decided to keep walking.

"Dude, I'm going home," I call to Leon

"I think we all are, mate," Leon replies with a smirk.

We push and dodge past loads of people and I start to begin there is no exit to this damn place "Arg! Since when were there so many people?"

"There aren't that many..." Amy scratches her head looking around.

"I can barely walk 3 steps without having to move out of the way!" I say angrily and move around a woman and I presume her child with fake blood and bruises on her.

"Why do you keep walking like that?" Lisa asks out of no where

"Like what?" I reply

"Like you're moving around people?" She says cautiously

"Well duh, I am," I rudely say.

"No you're not," Lisa replied confused and I stare at her.

"Whatever. I'm going home." I shake my head angrily.

"Erm... Bye Amy! Lisa." Leon waves and runs up next to me. "Dude, what's got into you?"

We're about to cross the road when I notice a homeless guy standle in the middle of it. I look right then left before crossing and realise there's a bus coming. I look at the guy with a raised eyebrow for a couple of seconds and my eyes glance at the bus coming.

"Dude... that guy's going to get run over..." I warn Leon holding his arm back.

"What?" Leon stares at me

"Hey! Dude! Move!" I shout to the homeless guy.

"Scott...?" Leon questions.

The bus is seconds away "Dude!" I shout and run out in the road.

"Stop!" A girl's voice literally screams from beside me and I abrutely stop. The homeless guy smiles at me and at that second the bus zooms past. Inches away from my feet and face. My mouth falls open and chills are sent down my spine and the gush of wind blows my hair in my face. Shock electricutes me as I see the homeless guy still standing infront of me smiling.

"Woah..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it =D