Seeing Dead People

Bathrooms.

"Scott!" Leon shouted running over to me pushing me onto the other side of the road. "You're really starting to freak me out."

"I'm starting to freak myself out," I mutter still in shock.

"What's wrong with you?!" A girl shouts infront of me. "You could've died! And that would be the end of your life! Just like that!" She clicked her fingers.

The girl looked pretty beaten up with blood coming out of her mouth. Her medium length brown hair was wavy and slightly scruffy. Her long, black jacket was also bloody in places and torn.

"Who're you?" I blurted out.

The girl blinked.

"I'm Leon. Your bestfriend, remember?" Leon said staring at me and pushing my shoulder back to face him but my eyes were glued to the girl who looked about my age. Leon waved his hand infront of my eyes and I blinked turning my head to him "Scott?"

"I think... I'm seeing dead people, Leon," I said slowly in a low tone and cautiously still staring at the girl.

Her mouth slowly dropped, slightly in shock. She blinked and shook her head. "W-well duh!" She shouted angrily at me.

Leon looked at me and where I was looking "Dude... are you winding me up?"

I shook my head.

She sighed "Guys. What idiots. You could be dead right now because of your stupid action to walk out in the middle of a busy road!"

"Stop having ago at me!" I argued

"Dude, there's no-one there. Knock it off." Leon's voice seemed to quiver slightly.

My head snapped towards Leon and I dazed into his eyes, scanning his face for any lies. He really couldn't see anyone infront of me. I groaned "I'm going insane." and covered my face with my eyes.

"Hey! Just because I'm a ghost doesn't mean I'm a figment of your imagination!"

I looked up at her to see her arms crossed and pouting at me. The next thing I know I'm running. Running faster than my legs can sprint. My mind was blank and all I could see was people. Some alive, some dead.

"Watch it!" Some guy growled at me and I stopped letting him past. I stared long enough to realise he had an axe in his head. Without a second later I carried on running, running straight through the axe guy.

I burst through my door and slammed it shut. Stormed at full speed up the stairs and pushed my room door open and quickly closed it. I rested my head on the door and closed my eyes.

"This isn't real. I'm going insane," I mutter over and over in my head.

"Nice room," A voice says behind me.

I turn around and see the beaten up girl from before standing in the middle of my room. She looked around and excitedly bent down next to the comics "You've got X-Men and Batman comics! Considering you're an idiot you have great taste!". She tried to pick one up but her hand went straight through the comics making her frown.

Chills ran up and down my spine a dozen times and I felt sick. I rushed out of my room into my bathroom and locked the door. I slowly backed away and took a few breaths. I turned on the cold tap and dunked my face in freezing water. I heavily breathed. I was going insane. I'm going insane.

"You know, running away from people isn't exactly... Hm, how should I say this? Polite."

My head shot up and I looked around the bathroom. My eyes scanned every corner, every shadow, every inch. She wasn't here... This proves I'm crazy. I turned around back to the sink slightly calming down trying to remember everything I ate today. I wonder if Leon spiked my coke? I looked up into the mirror. I scream.

"What are you doing in my mirror?!" I screamed at what should be my reflection but was infact her. "Oh my God. I've turned into a girl!" I lifted my arms up and felt my body making sure that as a guy I still have things and didn't have what girls have.

"Boys really are idiots," She said to herself shaking her head but had a small smile.

I jumped, literally, out of my skin when someone knocked on the bathroom door "Hunny? You ok?". My mother's voice seemed to relax me.

What was I meant to say to her? Do I tell her the truth? She's surely send me to a looney bin...

"Y-Yeah mum... I-I'm fine..." I stuttered

"Why were you screaming? Who're you talking to?" She asked, her voice full of concern.

"Erm..." I looked into the mirror to see the girl staring at me. "Nothing, I dropped... erm... I dropped something on my foot..." I lied.

"Oh... Okay." She sounded unsure but she walked away from the bathroom door and downstairs.

I turned to the mirror. "What's happening to me?" I ask the girl.

"Well..." She looked slightly confused at my question "You're obviously seeing ghosts."

"You think?!" I shouted

"Hey, hey! Not so loud, you're mum will come back up stairs."

I breathed. In... Out... In... Out. "How can I see you?" I ask.

"You could never see us before?"

"Does it look like it?!" I hissed

"Well... I honestly don't know." She shrugged.

"Wow, you're alot of help, seriously," I said sarcastically.

"Oi! I'm not the one hiding in my bathroom like a coward." She struck a nerve.

"I'm not a coward!"

"Oh so you call running into your bathroom, locking the door and screaming like a little girl no cowardice?" She smirked.

"I'm just in shock!" I say attempting to defend myself.

"Clearly." She shook her head and carried on looking at me.

I closed my eyes breathing. What was going on? Then it just clicked "The girl! At the carnival! She did this to me! What was her name? Adrianna? No..."

"How?" The beaten up looking girl asked.

I looked into the mirror to see my own reflection. I looked like I'd seen a gho- Well... erm... I looked pale.

"She put a curse on me..." I say looking around for the girl.

"Over here, dipstick," She said from behind me.

I spun around to see her sitting in the bath tub. She stroked her jeans to uncrease them but it didn't work so she looked up at me "I don't think putting curses on people makes you see the supernatural."

"But the girl at the carnival did!" I argued. "She said I Curse You With Second Sight! That means seeing dead people right?"

"Stop calling us Dead People. Our hearts may not be beating but we still have feelings!"

"Sorry," I said before I could stop myself. "Oh my God, I'm saying Sorry to a ghost." I couldn't believe this. This couldn't be happening.

"Yeah, it's called manners."

"Would you cut that out? You're not helping!"

"You need to calm down," She says plainly.

"Yeah, thanks," I said sarcastically rolling my eyes.

She frustratedly groans "For crying out loud."

I begin to look up at her when I realise she's walking towards me, I walk backwards and slam into the door. "Argh!" I moan rubbing my head.

"You can see ghosts," She irritatedly says and places both hands on each side of my head leaning on the door "You can talk to ghosts. Not alot of people can. Big deal. Stop freaking out and do what alive people do best. Breathe. Oh and you can't suddenly get Second Sight by being cursed."

"You know that for a fact?" I raised my eyebrow with question.

"Well... No. But I've been dead for 17 years and I've met people with Second Sight. Which none gained by curses," She stated.

"You've been dead 17 years?" I blurt out

"That's what I said," She said with a face that screamed Duh.

"So how old are you?"

"17," She repeated and lowered her arms.

I examined her bruises and burst lip and the blood on her jacket "How did you die?"

"I'd rather not talk about it..." Her eyes unsurely flickered away from mine.

"You've been dead for 17 years and you still can't talk about it?"

She looked stunned at me "That's rather insensitive." She sounded like she was going to cry. With a blink of an eye she dissapeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
In my pictures on the profile there's a picture of me dressed up as a dead person. That's the ghost in this story and how I came up with this idea.
Ohh I love Photography =]