Seeing Dead People

Dare.

It had been a few days after I'd found out that my mum and dad were in a strange cult that could speak to ghosts and that one of the guy's daughter who was a magician at a festival, cursed me and now I can see ghosts. And no-one else can. OH! And here's the best part: Ghost over populate the World. They are e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. I'm not lying. I've even refused to leave the house until an anti-curse can revive my normal life.

Slouching on the sofa, I scoff some crisps into my mouth while watching Murder, She Wrote. The infamous Dead Girl walks in and gives that look towards my that tells me I disgust her. I don't really mind. If she hates me that much she shouldn't be hanging around me. She huffed angrily and sat on the arm of the sofa. I gritted my teeth, 'Please don't talk to me, please don't talk to me,'

"Are you ever going to leave the house?"

"What and be horded by ghosts? I don't think so."

"Oh come on, it's pathetic you sitting here," She tried to reason.

"I'm not leaving," I growled.

"Well I think you should,"

"Good thing I wasn't asking your oppinion then,"

"Ugh, you're being such a coward. They're just ghosts, what're they going to do?"

"I..." She had a point, which I will never admit to her. I thought about it and then looked at her, "I'm not a coward."

"Then go outside. I dare you," She smirked.

I growled again and got up and started walking to the door. Pulling up my baggy jeans, the sun glared into my face and I grimaced. Dead Girl was already infront of me in the front garden, arms crossed, waiting for me. "Come on!" She shouted, "It's not that bad. Or is fear really getting the better of you?" She laughed.

My legs automatically stormed out of my house and I walked out of my garden down the road. She skipped beside me, she was taking more pleasure in this than I was. The wind hit my face and I felt my t-shirt flowing. The air was heaven on my skin but I maintained my stride and facial expression. Still skipping I hear her ask "Where're we going?"

Curious, I looked at her, she was so happy to be outside. Did she really only want me to go outside for my own health? "I don't know,"

"Aww! What about the shopping centre?!" She happily danced around me.

I had to admit, I was bedazzaled by her current mood, "Er... Yeah sure?"

"Awesome! Can we go to a pet store? Can we go clothes shopping? Oh! Can we buy icecream?"

"Can you even eat icecream?" I asked sceptical.

She stopped dancing and her face seemed to have been slapped, she stared down at the pavement and I hadn't realised it but the colour that had appeared in her face was disapearing, back to her original pale grey. "I... I gue-" Whatever she had planned to say she shook her head, "No," and walking normally beside me.

I felt a pang on guilt rise in my stomach, and they life that shined through her, I had killed in one simple question. 'Damn,' I thought to myself as we walked to the shopping centre.

When we got there her eyes were going wild with curiousity, but my face was going insane with cringing. Dead people walked past me and I had to keep pretending I couldn't see any of them. It was rather easy, as none of them looked at me but it was so hard to refrain from gawping at them. A guy had walked past me with his head twisted 180 degrees and I had to hold my stomach.

"Are you okay?" I heard Dead Girl ask.

"I need to vomit," and I rushed to the boys toliets.

I pushed open the door and ran to the sinks, breathing deeply trying to rid my brain of the walking bodies outside. I twisted the tap and cold water poured out. I stretched out my hands catching the water splashed it on my face, not really caring about it getting on my t-shirt. If felt more than refreshing. I lifted my head up relieved that the sickness had faded and it was only now I realised Dead Girl hadn't followed me into the toliets. I sighed but I could hear the distinct sound of sobbing. Looking up curiously, there was no-one in the toliets, no adults anyway. The sobbing sounded like it was a little kid and I didn't pry. I turned back into the mirror and wiped my face of the water.

'Dude, I really look ill,' I grimaced at my reflection.

The sobbing continued and I question whether a parent was coming to check up on the kid. I scratched my right eyebrow debating what to do, before walking to the toliets and began pushing the doors open until I came to the last one.

"Hey, kid, you okay?" I asked.

The sobbing stopped. My ears waited for a reply and I leaned closer to the door, "Kid? Are you okay?"

Still no reply. I rolled my eyes in frustration and began to walk away.

"Wait!" A small voice squeeked.

I turned and spotted a boy the age of four. Dark brown hair in the shape of a mushroom. If only these were the only details I could give you. He looked like he had swallowed purple dye which had got stuck in his veins and his face was the palest white, I had ever seen on skin. Worse than Dead Girl out there. He stared at me, pleading me to stay with his eyes. "Woh! Are you okay?" I asked worried and went to my knees reaching his height and reached for his face to examine him. My hands however, passed right through him. I jumped back in shock.

'Uh-oh,'
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long!! D: