Our Words Are Our Years

january seventh

if it makes you less sad, I can quote your favourite songs all night, and we’ll start talking again outside of necessity, and we can stand beside the ocean and watch everyone leave and live and love out of their own will. we can start living the way we want to, not the way we need to. I can forget about Bristol, and you can forget about the places you haven’t decided between yet. we can stop kidding ourselves about this, stand up and face it, face the fact that this is how it’s meant to be. we’ve gotten so good at this, though, and I’m insecure and you’re unsure. I’ve got myself wrapped around another person that is wrapped around another and you’re trying to convince yourself this is for the best as you attempt to start something with someone no one knows. maybe we can convince ourselves to leave each other, to go our seperate ways, to stop talking for years. can you imagine it? leaving? we’ve left a thousand different times a thousand different places but never like this. you keep telling me to calm down, we’ve still got a year left in this town, but I can’t let it go. I’ll try to be happy about this, because this is our entire life we’re leaving for. we’re leaving with the hopes of coming back again when we both know it will never happen. but what’s the point of pretending? we’ve been pretending for long enough, turning our backs on each other because we can’t face what’s right in front of us. turn around. I can’t unless you do too. I’m not leaving this town without you.