Status: Complete

My Heart Is Yours.

1/1

One year, nine months, and twelve days is how long I've known her; how long I've loved her. And, she shows no interest in even talking to me.

Her name; her name is so beautiful, so gorgeous.

Scarlett Elizabeth Reed.

Isn't that beautiful? And, her name doesn't even do her justice. It's amazing, but she's just...perfect. And, she won't even look at me. She's the only girl that doesn't care. She doesn't care that I'm in a band; she doesn't care that girls stalk me everywhere I go; she doesn't care about anything that's about me. All she cares about is him. His name is Austin, and he's all that she talks about. I can see the way she looks at him as he walks by; she looks at him the way I beg to be looked at, by her. She looks at him like he's the only person alive; the only person that gives her breath to live. And, he doesn't deserve it.

Every time he looks at her that way, he doesn't even notice! He's too preoccupied with his girlfriend, Leah. And, every time Scarlett sees him with her, tears come to her eyes; he breaks her heart everyday.

If she ever looked at me like that, I would notice. I would hold her when she was upset, and kiss her tears away, as they gracefully fell down her cheeks; I would fight away any person that hurt her, and make him wish he was never born; I would tell her I loved her every waking moment; I would do all the things that he doesn't. But, I don't have the chance to; I don't have a chance to love her like she needs to be loved.

But, nonetheless, I imagine I do. And, I tell my fans I have a girlfriend, while I am painfully single; I imagine that she is my girlfriend. That's the only thing that keeps me sane.

*-*

I walked in the door. “I'm home!” I yelled, not expecting an audible answer.

Welcome home, honey,” I heard, in my head. It was Scarlett's voice.

“I missed you,” I replied, imagining that Scarlett kissed my cheek.

I'm going crazy. I don't know what's happened to me, but I have to do this. I have to imagine I'm not alone. There's something wrong with me. I try to stop, but I can't. I'll go even crazier if I do.

*-*

I was walking through Wal-mart, when I bumped into somebody.

“Oh, excuse me,” I murmured, looking at my Cookie Crisp box.

“Sorry, I wasn't looking,” I heard someone say. I glanced up, and swallowed hard.

“Hi, Scarlett,” I replied softly.

“You know my name, Chris?” she asked, in disbelief. She knows my name?

I chuckled. “Of course!”

“Oh, gosh. That's an honor, really. With you being as busy as you are, and such,” she mumbled, blushing. I smirked.

“I didn't know you even knew my name.”

“What? Really? How could I not know your name? You're amazing! I listen to your music all the time; I've even been to a few of your concerts.”

“Really?” I was dumbstruck.

“Yeah, actually. I'm really excited to talk to you. I've always wanted to tell you that, but you always seem too busy, and I didn't want to disturb you,” she replied, with a twinkle in her eye.

“I have a feeling you wouldn't disturb me. You can talk to me as much as you want,” I said, with a bright smile.

“Well, I might just take you up on that offer. Dinner?”

“Dinner, it is. When?”

“Tonight, at around seven o'clock?” she asked.

“That's sounds great!” I replied enthusiastically.

“Alright, good. I'll see you, then,” She turned around, but the turned her head to look at me. “By the way, your accent is adorable,” she said, with a wink, then walked off.

I just stood there, with my mouth gaping open. She said my accent was adorable.

I smiled, went to buy my Cookie Crisp, then left the store.

*-*

I slipped on my jacket, and tried to fix my hair, as much as I could.

You know, the whole time I've been home, I haven't 'talked' to Scarlett.

I glanced at the clock. It was six forty-five. And, it took ten minutes to get to her house, so I should leave around...now.

I grabbed the flowers I had gotten her, and went out the door. I put my car into gear, and drove off.

I'd never been to her house, but I knew exactly where it was. Because, I am quite a stalker.

I pulled into her driveway, and jumped out of the car, straightening my shirt. Then, I walked up her sidewalk, and knocked on her door. I started to breathe unsteadily, but then calmed myself down.

An older man opened the door, and examined me. “Hello,” He said shortly.

“Oh, hello. My name's Christofer, and I'm here to pick up Scarlett,” I murmured.

You're Chris?” he asked, looking at my tattoos, gauges, and messy hair.

“Yes, sir,” I replied, nodding.

“Hm, I'm not quite sure how I feel about his. But, let me tell you something, son. You hurt my daughter, and I will track you down, and you will never be seen again, you hear me?”

“Yes, sir,” I repeated, swallowing hard.

“Glad we've come to an understanding,” he said, nodding. Then, yelled up the stairs, “Scarlett!”

In just a moment, Scarlett walked gracefully down the stairs. I walked up to her, and smiled.

“I like your shirt.” I laughed. She was wearing a shirt that read NeverShoutNever, in bright, bold letters.

“Thanks. I picked it out of my closet, for you,” she replied, laughing as well.

“Well, are you ready?” I asked, smiling.

“Sure. Let's go.”

I started to walk out the door, when I felt a firm hand grip my shoulder. “Remember our understanding, boy.”

“I won't forget, sir,” I replied, shutting the door behind me.

“So, where are we going?” Scarlett asked, skipping down the driveway.

“Well, where would you like to go?” I opened her door for her, and she slid in.

“Hm, I don't quite know, actually,” she said, as I sat on the seat, and something crunched. I jumped back up, and looked down at slightly smashed flowers.

“Oh, um, those were for you,” I said, staring at them.

She covered her mouth, as she giggled. “They're beautiful, even though you smashed them.”

I handed them to her, and then sat down on the driver's side, making sure there was nothing else I could break. “I know what we can do!” I said, spinning the wheel, so my car would turn.

“What?” Scarlett asked.

“You'll see.”

*-*

I pulled into the Northpark Mall parking lot, and jumped out of the car, then I ran to open Scarlett's door for her.

“Let's go,” I said, taking her hand unknowingly, and ran into the entrance. I looked around, until I saw what I was looking for.

GlowGolf

“There it is!” I shouted excitedly.

Scarlett laughed. “I've always wanted to do Glow Golf!”

“Well, now's the chance,” I replied, and we ran in.

*-*

After about an hour or two of mini-golf, Scarlett and I went to the food court to tally up our scores.

“What do you want to eat?” I asked.

“Pizza!” she replied quickly.

“Pizza it is.”

*-*

“So, how are you and your boyfriend doing?” I asked, nibbling on my cheese pizza, and knowing she didn't have one.

“Who wants to know?” she retorted playfully.

I shrugged. “I don't know. The guy that gave was the pizza was staring at you, so he might.”

She laughed, and shook her head. “I don't have one.”

“Oh, really? Why not?”

“You know, you really are nosy,” she replied, chuckling.

“But, you love me, anyways!” I said, with a cheesy smile.

“I think all that weed you've smoking has gone straight to your head, Mr. Ingle!” She laughed loudly.

“Honey, I don't smoke the weed. I am the weed,” I replied, laughing.

“So, you smoked it so much, you turned into a big, chunk of weed?”

“Yes...yes, that is correct,” I said, nodding.

“What about you? Who's your girlfriend?” she asked, taking a big bite of her pizza.

“Oh, I don't have one, either.”

Her mouth gaped open, and the pizza felt out. “No way. Why not?”

“Because, girls tend to shy away from me. I'm pretty much categorized that creepy guy you see at grocery stores; the one that stares at you when you walk in, then quietly follows you around the store. Yeah, I think it's the mustache,” I said, rubbing my upper lip.

“What, the non-existent one?” she asked, giggling.

“No! It's there! It's just not really visible, in here...”

“Sure, it is, Ingle. Sure, it is.”

*-*

I walked into my empty house, and threw my jacket on the rack. I didn't yell for Scarlett, or imagine her kissing my cheek. I didn't have to pretend someone was here that wasn't. I don't think it was because I had went out with Scarlett tonight; I think it was because I knew she knew me, and that she liked me. That's all I needed to know. She saved me from my mind, and I could never thank her enough for that. Even if this didn't work out, we can still be friends, because, if it ever comes to it, that's all I'll ever need from Scarlett.

And, no matter what, a place in my heart will always be hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
I honestly don't think this is that good, but oh well!
And, before you chew me out, Chris DOES eat cheese sometimes. Usually when he's on tour. He called himself a 'cheese-head.' :3
Comment:D