Status: Complete, I think.

How to Get Rid of Your Ex Girlfriend

Euphoria

“Now I’m starting to wonder how long it’ll take to get all these damn sparkles off…” I complained as I pushed through the front door, Tyler following in my wake.

“Well, now we know water fights work,” he said with a slight grin.

“Boys, dinner’s going to be ready in a couple hours or so!” my mom called from the living room as we passed by on our way to my room. Or our room. Whatever you want to call it.

By now, we were back in our normal clothes. The music department had dried our stuff for us, and left it out when we came to return the costumes. However, that didn’t get rid of all the glitter or the hair gel.

“I’ll be in the shower, okay?” I disappeared into the bathroom and shut the door. When I checked myself in the mirror, my reflection was frightening. I looked like a gay sparkly vampire.

Whenever I shower, I think. The feeling of the hot water drumming on by back always made everything less stressful.

Today, I thought about Tyler. Like yesterday, and the day when I woke up and he was on top of me, and the day we avoided each other, and the day we kissed. And a bunch of the days before that.

It seemed like lately, I was thinking about Tyler a lot…

Probably because of all the awkwardness.

Yeah, that was it.

“What took you so long?” he asked as I came out of the bathroom in my towel.

I shrugged and started looking for something clean to wear. “Took me about fifteen minutes to get off all those damn sparkles.”

Actually, it was his fault I’d been in the shower too long. Not like I’d say that out loud, though…

º º º

That night, I dreamed about Tyler again. Go figure.

We were lying together in the grass, warm sun beating down on our faces. Tendrils of soft wind curled around us. I had the impression that this was some sort of huge field, and we were utterly alone. It was as though we were the only people in the world.

I was totally cool with that.

I could lie here with him forever, not saying a word and just enjoying his company. Here we were, alone, and there was no one around to see us. There was no reason to act like a couple. There was no reason not to.

We could just…lie there.

Together.

Forever.

I turned my head to the side, and the grass was ridiculously soft under my cheek, as though it were a pillow. Tyler’s head turned too. We gazed into each others’ eyes, dark brown meeting hazel. The slight breeze was causing his black hair to frame his face in a blasé but sexy way. His crisp white shirt was slightly unbuttoned, and there was a soft smile playing across his features. It was as though he didn’t have a care in the world. Effortlessly beautiful.

I smiled back at him, words welling up inside me like a strange sort of euphoria. “Adams? I…I think I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a bit short, but I have to go finish my paper on Iran's Nuclear Program. And it's also bad and rushed looking. Crappy chapter. But it's a setup crappy chapter, so that makes things a little better.

I think Mibba's sending me a message, considering I only got 3 readers when I posted earlier this morning.

Maybe I should have waited 'till people got up...

Well, I'll post this now and see what happens. Wish me luck! <3