Status: Complete, I think.

How to Get Rid of Your Ex Girlfriend

Real Men Cry

Eventually, my tears ran dry. The cold night air stung my hot, aching face, touching the tracks they had made, freezing against the wetness. I wiped my face on my shirt and almost started crying all over again, because it was the one Tyler had bought me at the mall.

But now that I thought back to that moment I’d saved him from the bitchy cheerleader…I realized something. I’d been JEALOUS. That was why I got so angry, wasn’t it?

Oh god. I really did like him, didn’t I?

Was I…was I gay?

This idea seemed hard to comprehend, but since I’d cried all my emotions out, I was able to look everything…objectively.

It all made sense.

He sent the notes.

It was HIM I was falling in love with.

That was why I noticed things about him I’d never noticed about him, why I tried to make myself look attractive, why I felt so happy whenever we were together and so depressed when we were apart. It wasn’t just because he was my best friend and constant companion. It was also because I’d…I’d developed feelings for him.

I was gay, gay and in love with my best friend.

Something inside me burst and I started yelling obscenities into the darkness. Of course, no one answered.

Just because it was the truth doesn’t mean I had to like it.

I didn’t want this!

Or did I?

No I didn’t! I wasn’t gay!

“You are gay,” I reminded myself quietly.

“No I’m not,” I responded.

“Yes you are, and you’re in love with Adams!”

“No. I’m. Not.”

“Yes you are!”

“But I’m not in love with him. I’m just close with him because he’s my best friend. Everything else came from the fake dating and Adams’ imagination.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes I am.”

“Oh.”

I stopped. Oh god, I was talking to myself now…

But it was all so confusing. I might not actually like him, for the reasons stated by the part of me who didn’t think I was gay.

So was I? Was I gay?

No, of course not. That’s ridiculous.

But then why did I make out with him?

It was probably just a heat-of-the-moment thing, probably just because I hadn’t gotten any action in so long…

In the back of my mind, I knew that this excuse was complete rubbish. I didn’t care about "getting action". But I tried to accept it anyway, just to calm myself down.

It didn’t help.

My mind was whirling, spinning out of control. I didn’t want to do this. I didn’t want to think anymore.

I dropped my head into my hands again, trying to steady myself. Concentrate, Nick. Don’t think about him. Focus instead on the soft footsteps making their way toward you…

Wait. Footsteps?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so late...it wouldn't have been posted at all, but I didn't want to break my posting-every-day streak. So it's a bit shorter than usual.

Love you guys! All 203 readers, 86 subscribers, and the people who commented the 55 comments. <3 I really appreciate you!