Status: Complete, I think.

How to Get Rid of Your Ex Girlfriend

Wrong in All the Right Ways

After a few seconds, however, Tyler shoved my face away. “No.”

“Why not?” I demanded, trying to regain my breath and propping myself up above him so I could see his face properly. “You’re all flushed. You liked it.”

He smirked his axe-murderer grin. “I’m not going to let you kiss me until you admit it.”

“Admit what?” I nearly roared. I felt as though a great treat had been yanked out from under my nose just as I was about to seize it, felt suddenly deprived and angry.

“Admit that you like me!”

I studied him carefully. “But I’m straight.”

He laughed and ran his fingers along the side of my face. “Nooo you’re not!”

“Yes I am.” I caught his hand. I didn’t want him to see how much I liked his touch.

“No.”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“Y-”

I stopped suddenly, because he’d just tugged my face roughly down towards his and caused me to abruptly lose my breath all over again. “You want to kiss me.”

I do! “I don’t!”

“God Fischer, just admit it!” he said exasperatedly.

“Fine!” I snapped. “I like you! I’m gay! Can I kiss you NOW?”

“Not until you apologize.”

“For what?” Had I not been on top of him, I would have thrown my hands up in exasperation at this.

“For being a clueless idiot and not realizing you had feelings for me.”

I sighed deeply. “Fine, Adams. I’m sorry I put you through all this. It’s just…” I sat up, offering him my hand and pulling him up with me, so that we were sitting upright beside each other. “…I couldn’t deal with it.”

“It’s okay…” His voice trailed away a little. Tears began to collect in his lashes.

I gazed at him, begging him with my eyes to understand me. “Adams, you’re beautiful. Electrifying. I don’t know what I’d do without you. I…I love you. Please. Please don’t cry. I’m so sorry.” I ran my hand through his hair. “I’m so so so sorry. Please...”

A tear rolled down his cheek. “But in the morning, it’s just going to be like it always is, isn’t it? I doubt you could say any of that to me – much less admit it to yourself – if you were sober.”

“Adams…” I pulled him into a hug. “Stop it. Stop crying. Drunk or not, it’s so damn hard for me to watch. If it makes you happy, I’ll say all this to you again in the morning when we’ve both got giant hangovers.”

But he just kept crying into my shoulder, shaking in my arms. “You’ll never say it! I don’t think you can, you thickheaded bastard! You’re just too much of a stupid clueless idiot!”

“Stop it.” I disentangled myself from him and tugged off my shirt, tossing it at him. “Dry your tears. Be happy.”

“What do I have to be happy for?” he sobbed, but wiped at his face with the shirt. “It’s never going to be real. We’re always going to be fake-dating, no more than that, and it’s killing me. It’s fucking tearing me apart that every time we hold hands or flirt or cuddle together, you never mean it! You never will!”

I placed my hands on the sides of his face. “Maybe I just never realized I meant it…because I do love you, Adams. You’re more than my best friend. You’re my other half, and if I ever lost you, I’d probably commit suicide.”

“Don’t say that.”

“What? It’s the truth…” I fixed him with a determined stare. “Believe me when I say this…you mean the world to me.”

“I love you,” he said quietly.

“I love you too.”

“Can we kiss now?”

“Of course.” My lips parted obediently. “We can do whatever we want.”

He pressed his lips slowly to mine, kissing me like he’d never kissed me before. Though this isn’t really saying much, because we’ve only kissed four times.

Electric excitement built in me as the kiss drew on, and I tipped us over onto the bed so that I was once more on top of him. When I drew back, I saw his face was still a little blotchy, but just as flushed as mine must have been. I smiled. “Kissing you is so damn amazing. Just wanted you to know that.”

He laughed, then jerked my face back towards his and brought his lips to mine once more. His fingers came up and snagged into my hair again as we kissed, refusing to let me go. Little shivers of excitement ran down my back. I had to remind myself to breathe several times.

“Promise me you’ll never leave my life…” he breathed.

“Never. Never, never, never,” I assured him.

“Because…I couldn’t live without you either…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aaaand CUT.

Hey awesome and lovely 255 readers, 112 subscribers, and people-who-commented-the-77-comments, can I ask you something?

Would you rather Nick remember everything in the morning, or should he forget? I'd like to hear your opinions. :D

Also, please tell me what you thought of the chapter! <3