Letting Love Find a Way

Glad To Be Back

I was lucky enough to go a few weeks without any contact with Frank. But my luck ran out on July 4th. Linda invited us over for a barbecue. I had no choice but to go. My mom wouldn’t let me stay home.

When we got over there, we let ourselves into the house. There were quite a few people there. So far, I hadn’t seen Frank. The longer that lasted, the happier I’d be.

“Vanessa!” someone yelled before giving me a hug. When the person released me, I saw it was Gerard.

“Hey Gerard,” I said, smiling. “I’m guessing everything is ok between you and Frank now.”

“Yeah,” he said. “But Frank’s mad at you now. I don’t know why though. He won’t tell me.”

“I don’t know why he’s mad at me,” I said. “As far as I can tell, he doesn’t have a reason. But I’m mad at him and have a good reason.”

“You’re mad at him?” he asked, sounding surprised. “Why?”

“Well, the whole time I was in Florida he didn’t write or call or anything,” I said, frowning.

“Really?” said Gerard. He sounded like he didn’t believe me.

“Yeah,” I said.

“Hmm,” he said. “Maybe you should talk to him.”

“Maybe,” I said. I left Gerard and headed into the back yard. I think I will talk to Frank.

I quickly found him, sitting at the only picnic table in the back yard by himself.

“I think we need to talk,” I said when I reached him. He looked at me.

“Whatever,” he said. I sat down next to him. I took a deep breath.

“Why didn’t you call me or write to me while I was in Florida?” I asked. Frank looked at me.

“What?” he said.

“You didn’t write to me or call me while I was in Florida,” I said again. “Why didn’t you?”

He looked at me in amazement.

“I did write to you,” he said. “I did call you. You never wrote or called me back.”

“You know what?” I asked. “I can’t believe you would make something up like that.”

“I’m not making it up!” he said. “I would call and your aunt would tell me she’d have you call me back, but you never called back.”

“Wait,” I said. “You talked to my aunt?”

“Yeah,” Frank said.

“What did you tell her?” I said.

“Well, when she asked who I was I told her I was your boyfriend,” he said.

“Shit,” I said. “My aunt is really strict and one of her rules was no boyfriends.”

“So she’s the reason we’re mad at each other,” Frank said.

“I guess so,” I said. “I’m really sorry Frank.”

“Don’t be,” he said. He hugged me. “I’ve really missed you Vanessa.”

“I’ve missed you too Frank,” I said. I kissed him tenderly on the lips. God, I missed his lips.

“Aww,” said someone. “Aren’t you two so cute!”

I pulled away from Frank.

“Shut up Gerard,” I said. Gerard just chuckled and went back inside.

Frank laughed.

“Shut up,” I said.

“Make me,” said Frank, smirking.

“Ok,” I said. I placed my lips on his again, kissing him. Boy, was I glad to be back.
♠ ♠ ♠
This sounds like it should be the last chapter :P But don't worry, it's not ; ) Feedback?
~Sally