Letting Love Find a Way

Bitch

I was getting ready to go out with Frank when Aunt Helen appeared at my door.

“Are you going somewhere tonight?” she asked.

“Yes,” I said.

“Oh,” she said. “With who?”

“My boyfriend,” I said. I saw her flinch a bit out of the corner of my eye.

“Oh,” is all she said. She left my room.

A few minutes later I went downstairs and started putting on some shoes and grabbing my jacket.

“Vanessa?” my mom said from behind me. I turned to face her. I saw Aunt Helen behind her.

“Yeah Mom?” I said.

“I think that you should stay home tonight,” she said. I mom looked at Aunt Helen and I looked too. Aunt Helen gave my mom a slight and hardly noticeable nod. “You’re Aunt Helen just got here. I really think we should have a family night tonight.”

I looked back at Aunt Helen who was smiling just a tiny bit. I then looked back at my mom. I knew this was going to happen.

“Fine,” I said. I put my coat back, took my shoes off, and started to go back upstairs to change back into what I had been wearing. I heard a knock on the door and knew it was Frank.

“I’ll get it,” I said, turning around.

“No, no,” said Aunt Helen. “I’ll get it.”

I stayed on the stairs and watched Aunt Helen answer the door.

“Hi,” said Frank, looking confused. “Is Vanessa here?”

“Yes,” Aunt Helen said. “Unfortunately, she can’t go out tonight. I’m her Aunt Helen. I just got here today and I wanted to visit with my niece tonight. I hope you don’t mind.”

Frank looked past my Aunt Helen and saw me watching them. He gave me a questioning look and I just shook my head. Frank looked back at Aunt Helen.

“I don’t mind,” he said. He looked at me again. “I’ll see you later, Vanessa.”

I nodded. Aunt Helen closed the door and looked at me. The false smile she had probably been wearing a second ago was now replaced with a frown. She looked at my mother.

“I don’t think it’s proper for a young lady like Vanessa to have a boyfriend,” she said. “Please try and consider what would be best for Vanessa. Boys only want one thing and we don’t want Vanessa to end up pregnant.”

Bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
You may hate Aunt Helen right now..but I think you'll hate her even more when you read the next chapter ; ) I'll post the next one in about an hour :P Feedback?
~Sally