Letting Love Find a Way

"I'm fine."

I didn’t bother trying to escape through my window. I didn’t want Frank to know how bad Aunt Helen really was. I didn’t need to cause more trouble for him. Plus, I didn’t want to leave my mom alone with that witch.

I was locked in my room all night. It wasn’t till the morning that Aunt Helen let me out.

“Get yourself cleaned up and come downstairs for breakfast,” she said after opening my door. I silently took a quick shower and got dressed before going down and eating a silent breakfast with my mom and Aunt Helen.

After breakfast I went back up to my room and sat at my desk, looking out my window at the street like I used to. I sat there for about an hour, when I saw Frank come out of his house and start heading over to mine. I ran downstairs quickly and went out the front door, meeting Frank in my front yard.

“Hey beautiful,” said Frank, smiling. I gave him a quick kiss and looked back at my house. I could just see Aunt Helen peeking out one of the windows in the living room.

“Hey Frank,” I said, turning back to him. Frank gave me a worried look.

“Are you ok?” he asked, sounding concerned.

“Yeah,” I said, averting my gaze from his. “I’m fine.”

Frank took my face in his hands and forced me to look him in the eye.

“Tell me the truth,” he said.

“I’m fine,” I said. “Really.”

“I don’t believe you,” he said. “But if you don’t want to tell me, whatever.”

He let go of my face and turned around, heading back to his house. I stayed in the front yard until I saw him go into his house. Great, now Frank’s mad at me.

I went back inside and looked in the living room. Aunt Helen was looking back at me, giving me a disapproving stare. I went upstairs and into my room, slamming my door behind me. Is anybody happy with me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks again for all the wonderful comments!! Last update for tonight :P Feedback?
~Sally