Sequel: To Love And Back.
Status: complete!

That's What You Get.

Sugar, We're Going Down

For the whole week I felt like a loser and most of all a loner, wandering around the campus to get a place where to both study and hide. I didn’t want to see anyone but Becky. I told her about everything and she couldn’t help me but at least she listened. In the meanwhile, Jules always stopped by the house to give good impression to my house president Emma, who still wasn’t sure if getting her into the sorority was a good thing or not. She knew about the whole situation I was in because of her, and thank God at least her believed me. I didn’t hear anything from both John and Kennedy, but I couldn’t be surprised after all. I was mad at them for trusting that girl, and I was sure they didn’t want to see me as well, especially Kenny. I missed my friend and I just wanted to forget everything and got back to party with him like it was before she came into our lives, fucking our friendship up. As for John, I felt just hurt because even if he didn’t want to fuck her, he still was friend with her. And I couldn’t do anything about it.

“Here, have a cup of coffee”

“Garrett, hi”

I was reading a book under a tree, when he joined me out of nowhere. He was a nice guy. Really weird, but nice. He was sort of a hipster-emo-zombie obsessed kid who probably still went through puberty but his company cheered me up for a while. He was mature and serious when he wanted.

“Hello. I saw you alone and I wanted to say hi. Then I thought to bring you coffee because I’m nice”

“You are indeed, thank you”

I took a sip of the hot beverage, looking to the people passing by. I loved it.

“How is the pledging going? Did you get your pledge paddle back?”

“Yeah, it was hard but we got it back again. We had to get into the Sigma Ni house”

“Do you like being a pledge at Theta Chi?”

“Totally. We have fun”

“You sure do”

“We’re having a party on Friday; it’s called ‘The End of the World Party’. Are you coming?”

“I don’t know. I got in a fight with Kennedy and John and I don’t want to spend a boring night”

“Our parties are never boring! You should come! I’ll stay by your side and you’ll have fun”

I nodded and he smiled. I noticed he had a nose ring. I never saw it before, maybe because I wasn’t looking. He was really cute, with those red hair and blue eyes, now that I was.

“I have to go and meet my friend Josh now”

“Josh…? Isn’t he a pledge at Sigma Ni?”

“Yes indeed, but we still hang out” he said goodbye but then he got back fast “if you had a fight with John, you should probably go and talk to him. He’s been really moody this week, I think it is cause of you”

I looked at him walking away, trying to repeat that sentence in my mind for a thousand times. He was in a bad mood because of me? I didn’t do anything bad and I wasn’t the one who had to apologize.
I always was proud and if I thought I was right, I just was. No matter what people said, everybody was wrong but I was right, even if it was obvious I wasn’t. That didn’t really help me back in time, but I didn’t care. At least I was determined and I didn’t change my mind over other people’s thoughts.
I got up from the green grass, which was still green in the fall and I didn’t know how, even though I knew that Arizona’s weather never really changed. That’s why I loved it. It was hot in every month, maybe too hot in the summer but warm in the other seasons, so I didn’t have to change clothes in my wardrobe.

I walked to my last class of the day, knowing that Kennedy would have been there. I always tried to avoid him and he didn’t do anything to try and catch up with me. So I guess we were done for good?
I sat in the last row and waited for everybody to come. I saw Kennedy coming in and I felt the urgent need to go and talk to him no matter what. I was so sick of that drama but I was scared of his reaction.
I didn’t listen to the professor at all; I had too much in my mind. When we finished I decided to give it a try. I was an impulsive person, but not always. That happened just when I really cared about something.
I approached him while he was putting his books in his bag.

“Can we talk?”

“About what?”

“You know it”

“I don’t want to talk about it and I don’t want to talk with you, so if you don’t mind”

He tried to walk out but I stopped him. In the meanwhile everybody else got out of the class.

“I do mind. At least listen to what I have to say, please?”

He looked at me in silence, waiting for me to talk.

“I know I wasn’t supportive at all but I really don’t want you to get hurt by some random girl who is just waiting to get into your brothers’ pants”

“What are you talking about? Why do you talk shit on her, you don’t even know her!”

“And so do you! Stop defending her! Ask John what I’m talking about; he knows more than we do”

“What does John have to do in all this? Just because you’re frustrated about your relationship with him it doesn’t mean you have to ruin mine with all your crap”

“Fucking hell did she wash your brains out or what?!”

I heard the echo of my voice in the empty and big room as I shouted. I was so angry I couldn’t stay calm and have a civil talk. It was like Kennedy forgot everything about our friendship. He was giving us up because of her. And that was sad. It made me sad thinking he was doing everything for that bitch who was trying to fuck John behind his back. Kennedy wasn’t like that. I didn’t know what she did to him but that spell was powerful. Probably she gave him drugs, or weed, or something even worse.

“Kennedy you have to believe me, please”

“I don’t know who to believe anymore. I’m sick of this shit”

“It looks like you forgot about me. Don’t you trust me?”

“Andy I love you and you know it, don’t make this even harder that what it is. I’m still your friend but you have to stop judging people. Juliet is a sweet girl and we like each other, I’m happy and it makes me sad seeing you are that selfish to make up some stories just to tear us apart”

“You should talk with John about your girl. Ask him about the text Jules sent to him a week ago”

“Whatever, Andy. I don’t care”

I was shocked by the way Kennedy didn’t want to see the truth. Love really fucked him up. She was going to fuck him up so bad and I would have had to pick up the pieces. I didn’t complain, at least I would have had my friend back. I got out of the class and walked to my house, until I received a text from John.

“We have to talk. Meet me outside my house in five. John”

I felt my heart beating faster. I changed my way and made it to the Theta Chi house, waiting impatiently.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

What do you think John is going to tell to Andy?
And don't worry about our Kennedy, he will come back being the nice guy soon, I promise.

Today is Jared's 23rd birthday! Now we have the same age. Yes, I'm 23 too :P

Thanks for the comments and for sticking up with this story. I still can't deal with the fact that Greek is over, though. And now also Skins is over! Dammit!

Feedback?

Danielle
xxxx