Sequel: To Love And Back.
Status: complete!

That's What You Get.

Life Of The Party

Saturday nights were always funny and full of life at the campus. Everyone was out and everybody was happy. And all the brothers and sisters of all the fraternities were at some party threw by some of the houses, so the whole campus was crowded like Woodstock in 1969. It was a cool thing to see.
The weekends were crazy, and most of the times also the cops came to send people back home because of the loud noise coming out of the houses at 4am. The loudest place was definitely the Theta Chi house.
The brothers were cool guys, who loved to party all day and night long. If I were a boy I would have definitely rushed that fraternity. They always had fun in one way or another. It was like some kind of habitude going there every weekend to party hard. Their motto was ‘we like to party’, after all.
I knew every single part of that big house, because I spent there several nights. The main reason is called John. At the end of every part we had sex in his room. And sometimes it happened even before.
When we were both high it took 5 minutes for us to get upstairs to get rid of our clothes.

I got dressed with jeans and a tank top, the comfiest clothes ever, and tried to look nice with a little bit of make up. I was girly when I wanted do, but not as much as Rebecca. She loved the color pink and she always wore heels, nice skirts and cardigans. I was pretty much of an indie girl, or whatever they call it.
I was straightening my hair when Becky came in, with a blue dress on and of course, high heels.

“Romantic night with your Sigma Ni boyfriend?”

“Not really. They’re having this special party and the theme is the navy. I don’t have anything really navy in my closet so I got dressed with something blue because it reminds me of the sea”

“Well it’s something after all”

“And you? Oh ok don’t even tell me I know where you’re going”

“Don’t be so annoyed by it. I have fun at their parties”

“Yes, but then you don’t have just fun”

“Well, I have fun also in those moments actually”

“I’m not even listening”

“You’re being the prude now”

“I just don’t understand why you’re wasting your time having sex with that guy when there could be someone nicer at Sigma Ni who would love to date you”

“such as?”

“the president, Dave. He spotted you at their pledge party, remember? When you came with me because I wanted to go but I was alone cause I wasn’t with Alex already”

Becky and Alex were the typical cliché of a relationship based on everything else but passion. The exact opposite of John and I. The times when I saw them hanging around during the breaks from one lesson and another, they made me want to vomit. There’s too much sweetness in the air when they’re getting closer. I’ve never been the romantic type. I always went for the funny guy, not the nice one.
That’s why I loved being at Theta Chi’s parties. I always had a blast. I knew every brother, especially one.
Well, maybe two, if I mention John. I know John if we speak about knowing someone physically. Then yes, I know him. I know the shape of his belly button, which looks like a drop of rain. I know what he likes in girls and most of all, what he likes in bed. But now, I was talking about Kennedy, Kennedy Brock.
Kenny is the nicest guy I’ve ever met. He is the one who helps me when I miss one lesson, as we have the same major in journalism and we attend the same classes. He’s the only one who knows about me and John completely, not just because he is my friend or his brother. He is actually also John’s best friend.
So, it could look like a love triangle, but it’s not. Because as I said, I don’t look for the nice ones, and Kennedy is too much of a sweetheart. I could never hurt someone like him.

“Becks, we already talked about this. I don’t want to argue again. You love being in a long term relationship and I like to have sex with John whenever I want to, without having any kind of drama in my life”

“I really can’t figure you out on this”

“You don’t need to”

“I just don’t want you to get hurt, eventually”

“I won’t get hurt exactly because of what I’m doing! No sentimental involvement, just pure sex with a hot guy. You should do that sometimes”

“I do have sex with Alex”

“And I bet it’s with candles and roses on the blankets”

She didn’t answer, and then I knew I was right. I laughed hard.

“Gosh, you’re such a cliché”

“You’re still here? Don’t you have a party to go to?”

I laughed at her being nervous at my know-it-all attitude and I said goodbye, telling her not to wait for me to come back. I would have probably slept over, or as she said, sex-ed over.

After a walk under the sky of Phoenix, my city and almost everyone else’s who studied at ASU, I finally arrived in front of the Theta Chi house. The door was open, and there was a guy throwing up in the garden already. And it was just 11pm. The music was pumping and I could have seen a lot of people trying to get a drink without waiting in line. I got in and looked around to see if a familiar face was there.

“Hey, look who’s here! I knew you wouldn’t have missed our huge party”

“Your parties are always huge Tyson”

“See, you’re the best. Why don’t you get rid of John and start going out with me?”

I laughed. He always tried to convince me he was the best I could have ever got. Well the guy was hot and funny, so he was my type. But I knew he was pretty serious about everything so that’s why I never tried to have more. Especially because I didn’t feel unsatisfied, if you know what I mean. John was enough.
He disappeared among the crowd, even if I still could see his head. Then two hands covered my eyes.

“Guess who?”

“Hi Kennedy”

“Dammit, you never fail at this”

“You’re the only one guy who really cleans his hands after peeing, so yes I never fail”

“You’re too smart! Do you want something to drink?”

“A beer would be awesome, thanks”

“Coming!”

He left for a while, going to get me some beer. I stood there in a corner, pushed by the people who tried to walk through the rest of the crow. I saw Kennedy coming back, then I got a text on my phone.

“You’re hot tonight. Is that possible to have a sip of that beer Kennedy is bringing you directly from your lips sooner or later?”

I smiled and looked over the crowd. John was at the other part of the room, and he was watching me.
We didn’t wave hi or anything. We just stood there staring at each other, both imaging what would have happened that night. I just looked over somewhere else when Kennedy got back with a beer in his hand.

“So how is everything going?”

“Kennedy we saw each other yesterday night, nothing changed really”

“I just wanted to know how you were”

“As much as I’m glad about your concern, a question like yours could’ve been seen like a way to avoid awkward silences, because we all know what you want to know”

“I didn’t get anything of what you said but if you want me to get straight to the point…”

“I would appreciate that”

“Ok then, how are things with John?”

“The sex is great”

“I figured that as you don’t do anything else together… don’t you…hate how he treats you?”

“And tell me, how does he treat me?”

“Like a toy?”

“And it is not the same way I’m treating him?”

“Usually girls fall for that kind of shit”

“Not me, Kenny. Listen, I’m going to be clear with you, I know you’ll get the point. I know John is a dickhead, and I’m not interested in building some kind of relationship with him. We barely talk when we’re in the same room alone, and I wouldn’t give a fuck if he stopped looking for me. We both know what this is and I’m glad that you and Becky care about my feelings, but there’s no feeling at all. I don’t care about John in that way. I like our one night stands thing and that’s the better way for me to not fall for him”

“Ok I got it. If it’s ok with you two, I guess we just can watch the show”

“Good boy. I thank you because you care so much. But you don’t really have to. I won’t get hurt I promise”

“If you say so”

In the meantime I got another text. No need to tell who it was.

“I’m upstairs”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the second chapter of the greek related fiction I'm working on. I have SO much ideas for this! We are just getting to know the characters a little bit more and especially we are seeing how people are caring about something the two main(E) characters are not.
How do you like it so far?

Thanks for who read/commented/subscribed.
Feedback would be awesome :)

I hope you're reading my other fictions too. It would mean a lot to me.
Thanks again!

Danielle
xxx