Sequel: To Love And Back.
Status: complete!

That's What You Get.

Back & Forth

The Sun Devils won, thanks to another touchdown Zack made. He was the quarterback every talent scout wanted to get their hand and money on. He could have gone pro if he just wanted, in a blink of an eye.
After the big game, everyone started leaving the campus, and so did we.

The big sign saying that we were crossing the edge of Arizona by getting to California welcomed us after three hours of driving. Our sorority rent a big van and Emma, our president, decided to drive for the whole trip. She was the oldest, and that would have been her last Spring Break.

“Californiaaa Californiaaaa here we coooome!”

All the sisters started singing the well known Phantom Planet song, while I was just looking through the windows with my sunglasses on, even if it was past 6pm. I didn’t want anyone to look into my eyes; I knew they would have understood something was wrong. And I hated when they all asked me if I was ok, just to sound friendly when they didn’t really give a crap about anything else but their own problems.
I had a good relationship with everyone in that house –except for Jules, who wasn’t on the van with us, but preferred going with Kennedy-, especially with Becky, but sometimes that whole girly attitude made me sick. I didn’t like to spread around my problems, if I wanted to talk to someone I exactly knew who I had to go to. I had two good friends who really cared and they were enough.

“The first thing we do is getting our rooms, then you can do whatever you want girls!”

Everyone in the van started screaming and shouting and I just wanted to go off and walk until I got to the coast. I was being really moody lately and I reckoned it.
Fortunately I felt asleep until Becky didn’t tell me we were arrived. I got off the van and breathed the California air in my lungs. I looked over the hotel we booked to see that it was crowded already. We got into it and asked for our rooms, and as soon as I got the number, the key and my luggage with me, I ran up to the third floor followed by a real insistent Becky who was asking me why I was so silent.

We entered the double queen size room and the first thing I did was falling on the bed. It was comfy.
Becky was going back and forth the whole room to check every single corner of it.

“Could you please stop doing that, you’re not a CIA agent”

“I was just being curious, Ms Sassy”

“You make me nervous”

“Because you obviously aren’t anyway, right?”

I didn’t answer. I saw the bathroom and thought it would have been a terrific idea to have a shower right there and then. Before Becky could even think of it, I ran into it and locked the door, listening to her complaints. I made my way into the shower and under the cold water. I needed to calm down or I would have had a breakdown before midnight.

“Wow you look good sister”

“You too Rebecca”

“Who are you trying to impress?”

“No one. Just wanted to dress cool for our first party tonight. I need alcohol and maybe being dressed like a slut helps to get free drink from a cute bartender”

“You’ve got a point, let’s go”

We got out to the hall and waited for the sisters. We were going on the beach, where there was this huge party – Hawaiian style. The hotel was two minutes away from it so we got there pretty fast. There were already a lot of people, and from what I could see, they all were college students.
I was making myself comfortable into the crowd by looking around –thing I always do for a while before starting drinking- when I saw Zack approaching me with no shirt on and a flowered garland around his neck. He already had a drink in his hand and he wasn’t clearly sober.

“Hey you’re finally here!”

He hugged me but I wasn’t in the mood for his niceness. I tried to avoid every touch with his skin, and actually I tried to avoid him in person for the rest of the night. I wanted to get drunk so I wouldn’t have remembered everything, especially if I had to see John with Alice in Wonderland.

“Bartender! A shot of tequila please”

“Two, please”

I looked to the owner of that voice, next to me. I knew who he was. I would have recognized him everywhere. There he was: smiling, good looking as always, charming and most of all, happy.

“Do you mind if I drink with you?”

“You can do whatever you want if you want it enough”

“You sure don’t follow your own advice”

“I’m not here to talk about it”

“Me neither Andy, we talked about this already, right?”

John was different. He was cold with me, and I knew why. But he had two weeks to get his mind straight and go back to the way it was even before we started all that mess. We could have talked like normal mates about a lot of things, even about weather if he wanted to. I didn’t care about what, all I cared was that he actually wanted to talk again, that’s it.

“I want to have fun, I don’t need drama tonight…and for the rest of the week”

“I’m ok with it. I came here to get drunk you know”

In that moment we both became silent. We looked into each others eyes and smiled weakly, a bit embarrassed. We often got drunk together and after that, we always had sex. Thing that probably wouldn’t have happened again, definitely not soon. At least until all that mixture of anger and frustration and sadness wasn’t gone.

“Here are the tequilas guys, enjoy”

“We sure will, thanks man”

We got the little glasses and sighed. The scent of the alcohol was getting into my veins already. That was a strong shot: all I need. We cheered and drank everything in a second. The liquid started going down through my throat and in a couple of minute I felt my body going on fire. That was the first of many drinks of the night.

“See you around Andy, have fun”

I nodded and John smiled before walking away, reaching for his brothers and his girl. I didn’t know if they were together but they sure didn’t have sex, from what Kennedy told me. Believe it or not, I was happy to hear that. I looked at him taking the blonde girl by the hand and reaching the ones who were dancing.
I never saw John dancing before: it was like she had this thing going down on him, which made him do whatever she wanted. I looked away and asked the bartender for another drink.
After an hour I was already drunk: I had so much alcohol in my body I couldn’t even walk straight.
I tried to reach Kennedy, who was laughing hard with a couple of guys I never saw before, and I almost fell down on the sand. He got me up and we started laughing hard. I barely remember what our conversations were about. I needed to forget why I have been feeling weird lately, and that way was working.

“Let me take you to your room, it’s not safe for a girl to be alone and drunk”

“Kennedy please you’re not my babysitter”

“No way I’m leaving you here, God knows what some drunk guy could do to you”

“Don’t worry about me… you should worry about your girlfriend…where is she?”

“I don’t know”

“Well you should, maybe she is trying to fuck someone else, maybe John”

“Andy I’m not even listening to your bullshits when you’re drunk”

“I’m just saying buddy”

“Well don’t then. Come on, let’s get to the hotel”

“No, no Kenny, please, I want to have fun here, it’s not funny to be alone in a hotel room, what if zombies come and want to eat me!?”

“I’m going to kick Garrett’s ass so bad soon if he ever talks about zombies to girls again”

“Garrett is a good boy! He would save me from zombie!”

“Andy please shut the fuck up and come with me”

“Kenny no, I want to stay here!”

“I said no. come here”

He tried to lift me up but I didn’t let him. He took me by the arm and tried to bring me far from the crowd but again, I didn’t let him. Someone must have seen the whole scene, and came to help Kenny out.
I felt my body being lifted on a pair of shoulders and even though I tried to kick this person in the back, I couldn’t do anything to release myself. I carried on asking to put me down but I never received answer.
When we got to my room this person put me down on the bed and I could finally see who he was.

“What are you doing here?!”

“I saw Kennedy was in trouble so I helped him”

“You didn’t need to”

“I wanted to. I looked at you to see what the hell you were doing and you basically got drunk alone at the bar. That’s incredibly mature Andy, congrats”

“You were the one telling me you were here to get drunk, why you aren’t drunk as much as I am!?”

“I was keeping an eye on you”

“I don’t fucking need a guardian angel”

“Apparently you do”

“John, get the fuck out of the room”

“Why are you acting like this now? I’m trying to help you! There were guys out there who could have tried to hit on you because you were drunk”

“Well at least they’re not going out with a Barbie for revenge”

“What does this suppose to mean!?”

I got up and went straight in front of him, starting to punch him in the chest.

“What are you even trying to do? Hurt me? Ouch, how hurting! Can you please stop!? Andy I’m not feeling anything, I mean look at you, you are miniature, you fight like a hamster!”

“Fuck you!”

“And fuck you right back!”

“Leave that girl! I don’t want you with her!”

I started crying, not even caring about what I was saying. I knew I was going to regret it, though.
John took my arms with strength and looked at me.

“Andy, stop crying”

I did it and looked at his beautiful and potent green eyes. I sighed and wanted to kiss him right there and then. I decided to fuck everything up again and blame it on the alcohol, so I made my move, getting closer and hitting his lips with mine. John stood there without even moving a muscle, astonished.
I walked back and waited for him to say something.

“It’s too late Andy, I’m sorry”

I got angry. I never felt like that before. I was confused, sad and frustrated. And being drunk wasn’t helping.

“Then why did you help me to get here?!”

“Because I care about you, but you can’t…you can’t do this, and you can’t think you can change your mind so fast, just because you saw me with Vicky. Besides I can’t do this to her”

“But you can do this to me, right?”

“You’re drunk Andy”

“And you’re full of shit! Get out!”

He looked at me and sighed. I burst into tears again and I felt my stomach being punched. I asked John to leave the room again, with even more rudeness, and finally he did it. I reached the bed and climbed it, crying until I blacked out. I felt like I had nothing left to lose. I just hoped that night never happened.
John had me in his hands, and now he knew it. Although, I didn’t know what that really meant yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look who updated so fast :)
Here I am people, briefly. I didn't pass the exam I did last monday so I have to study everything back again cause I'm trying it again this next monday. I wrote a couple of chapters in the weekend, and now I'm updating. Next part should be next week.
I have to say that I was expecting more comments in the last chapter I posted. I know you could do a lot more than this. I'm talking to silent readers for example...

Anyway, here's the deal: John is acting weird towards Andy, and she hates it. She wants him back, and basically she told him, but was it just cause of the alcohol?
I know what's going to be next. Predictions anyone?

Also, I'll do a sequel. I know the title already but I still didn't create a layout. As soon as I reach the 30th chapter on this story (it will be the last), I'll start with the new one.
I hope you will stick up with it.

Now I really have to go studying :/
I want to get a lot of comments on this, I updated pretty fast and I deserve an award dont I?
ahah jk.
And thanks to who commented and always does.

Danielle
XXXX