Sequel: To Love And Back.
Status: complete!

That's What You Get.

Hard To Swallow

“Do I really have to come tonight?”

“Andy you’re seriously becoming annoying”

“That was my goal”

“Come on pussy, man up! We came here to have fun and party! We can be annoying once we get back home! I don’t like you when you’re sad!”

“I don’t like being sad too you know? It’s not like I woke up today deciding I wanted to be annoying”

“Well you could at least try to have fun! You have us! You have me, and you seem to have Zack now! So what’s the problem?”

The problem is that I want something I can’t have anymore because I’m a faggot, Rebecca.

“You’re right. Let’s try and have fun. I don’t want you to get bored of me”

“I could never get bored of you, sister”

I smiled and started preparing myself. Rebecca didn’t know the whole story and I preferred it like that. She would have started asking too much and I didn’t want to talk about it. I was being too weak and I hated it, but I couldn’t see a way out. Where was the strong girl I always claimed to be?

“I don’t want to see you with a frown tonight, ok?”

“Deal”

I wasn’t sure of that, but I could have least tried. I wanted to have fun too, I really did. But every time I looked around I saw something that made me think of John and I really wanted to go back to the hotel.
The worst thing of the night was seeing him kissing his girl with such a passion: that passion we used to share. I wanted to be her. I wanted to be her again.
Zack was always by my side and yes, it was flattering, but sometimes I hated to feel his hand trying to take mine. I just didn’t want to think too much, so I decided to go to the bar and drink.
I took a shot, and then two. It didn’t take me too much to be a little high. I didn’t want to get drunk like the first night, but maybe being less than sober could have helped.

“Hey Kenny, alone again?”

“Please don’t tell me you’re drunk again”

“No, I promise. Just…trying to look happy to make people happy”

“Is it working?”

“Pretty much” he laughed “Are you ok?”

“I should ask you that”

“Well, you always help me, now it’s my turn. You looked worried”

“I am. Look” He pointed Jules who was dancing with a guy we never saw before. She was clearly drunk.
I looked back to Kennedy who was clearly disappointed.

“Why aren’t you there trying to get her here instead of watching him touching her hips like that?”

“They’re both drunk, I would probably get punched and I don’t need it”

“Do you want me to do something?”

“Like what?”

“Go there and tell her to stop it and tell the guy to back off. He can’t hurt me, I’m a girl. He would get in trouble”

“It’s ok Andy, leave it”

“No, Kennedy! You always tell me to man up but you don’t listen to your own words! Go there and tell them to stop or I will!”

“Andy mind your business”

Kennedy almost looked pissed, but I didn’t care. He always helped me and now it was my turn.
I made my way through the crowd, listening to Kennedy who was shouting to go back. I approached the couple who was dancing too close. The music was quite loud so I needed to get closer to Jules’ ear.

“Can you please stop acting like a slut? Your boyfriend is right there and watching”

“Can you please fuck yourself off and mind your own business sister?”

“Can you please stop being such a bitch and go back to Kennedy instead of let this random guy touch you?”

“What the hell Andy, what is your problem?”

“You are my problem”

“Good, if you don’t like what you see, you can go back to your Mr. Steroids and let me and everyone else live. Kennedy is a grown up guy, if he wants me he will come and make this stop”

“You make me sick”

“The feeling is mutual, sister. You always want everyone to care about your shitty problems and Kennedy is always ready to help you out. He prefers being with you than staying with me so I guess you two should get together! You couldn’t have John back anyway, so serve yourself. Kennedy is all yours”

“Enough. Come with me”

I took her by the arm and carried her away from that drunken guy and the crowd. She was trying to get free from my catch but I was really mad at her and I wanted to clear the air once for ever.

“Let me go you psycho!” I obeyed as soon as we were far enough from everyone “Are you crazy??”

“Am I?? Did you hear yourself?”

“Why do you care so much anyway? You don’t have enough men around you, do you want more?”

“What are you even saying, I was just trying to save it before it was too late!”

“You don’t need to be a hero here, stop acting like a good girl who cares about people! You are clearly not! You just want people to listen to your problems and you want to feel good with yourself for helping Kennedy this time, but I won’t buy it!”

“What are you talking about?”

“Oh come on Andrea! Open your eyes! Everybody got it, you like to play! You used Zack to get John jealous and look who’s laughing now!”

“I’m not using anyone! You don’t know anything about this!”

“I know everything! John is not just Kenny’s friend you know? And you know what? I’m so glad you finally got what you lost! John is too good for someone like you; he deserves someone like my friend”

I was about to killer her there and then but I stopped when I heard the last words.

“Your…friend?”

“Of course Andy! Vicky is my friend! And I’m so glad you finally realized how good John is. But duh! It’s too late! You can’t do anything!”

“So let me get this straight: you told Vicky and John to get together so I could get jealous?”

“Hell yeah, you got it. You finally got it Andy, applause!” I couldn’t talk. I was speechless. “When John came to me and told me you ditched him for Zack I wanted to see you to understand who you were losing. John was so into you and I never got why. You are such a calculating person, and so selfish. I’m sick of you. I’m sick of the fact that everyone like you and believes you. I knew that Kennedy would have never believed me in the end, you won again. You always won and everyone thought I was the bitch. Then I decided to act like one. At least now you know what a bitch I can be for sure”

I could have punched her in the face so hard, I could have buried her under the sand or even better, drowned her in the sea. But I didn’t do anything of that. I was better than her.

“You are such a bad person Jules. I hope Kennedy realizes it soon. He’s too good for you”

I knew Kennedy was watching; I knew everyone else we knew was watching.
I looked at her with disdain, and then I left the beach for good. It was pointless to stay, I was just wasting time. And anyway, the night was wasted anyway. I was just hoping Kennedy was breaking up with her in that very moment.

I reached the bedroom of the hotel and I locked myself in. Without even get undressed I let my body fell on the bed. I watched the ceiling for a while, listing all the things I wanted to do once getting back to campus.
The first was asking Emma to kick Jules out of our sorority. Our house was based of loyalty between sisters, and even if I always said that Jules wasn’t a good sister, no one listened to me. Now they had the proof.
After ten minutes of silence I heard a knock on the door. I asked who it was but I didn’t receive answer.
I opened the door, seeing a very drunk Kennedy with two bottles of gin in his hands.

“Can we get drunk until we fall asleep?”

“Sounds good to me”

He got into the room and gave me one bottle. I started drinking as soon as I closed the door again.
After less than an hour we were lying of the floor, watching the ceiling together this time, trying to make a sentence with sense, but failing miserably. Before getting to sleep, both still dressed, and still on the floor, Kennedy thanked me.

“I should have known. You were always right. She was a bitch”

“It’s never too late to realize it”

“Thanks Andy. I would say more but I can barely talk” I laughed.

“It’s ok Kennedy. And you’re welcome”

He sighed and burped. We laughed again.

“I hope you and John get together sooner or later. You both deserve it”

I thought of everything that was happening between John and I and I answered to Kennedy before falling asleep.

“I hope so Kennedy, I hope so”.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hands up who wants Jules to get drowned into the ocean!
I know I'm evil, but I told you she was going to come back eventually with some plan.
And here it was, she managed everything. She hurt Andy but she also made her understand she liked John, so maybe it wasn't a bad idea.
Finally Kennedy got what kind of girl she was and now he is free from her chains. Poor Kenny tho! I love the last part, when they get drunk together. I don't know why but they're such good friends! And Kennedy is always the best guy ever.

I want to know your predictions and I want to read a lot of comments. Come on!

Soon everything will be taking a good direction for Andy and John, you just need to wait a couple of more chapter but I'm currently writing the last chapters of the story...

Thanks to everyone who took time to leave a comment or even read, I'm getting loads of comment and new subscribers, I didn't expect it!
It means a lot to me.

Danielle
xxx