Sequel: To Love And Back.
Status: complete!

That's What You Get.

Where Would We Be Now

“So…” Becky was trying in every way to let me talk about what was happening between John and I, but without success “what is going on with the two of you, uh?”

“Nothing Becks, we are just trying to work things out”

“I saw that, but did something happen? Like… you had sex?”

“No, we didn’t, happy now?”

“Well, no, I would have been happier if you did have sex actually”

“I know this is going to sound weird to you but we didn’t even think about that. We didn’t even kiss”

She looked shocked: I couldn’t blame her. I always told her I just wanted to have sex with John, and now everything was different. I was different, in the first place.
Months ago I was the most cynical person on heart about love, but lately I’ve been feeling emotions rushing into me like a wave. If someone told me I would have felt in love with John, I would probably have laughed at their faces, like I did many times, when Rebecca or Kennedy assumed it.
Rethinking that, they were right.

“What did you do to my friend Andy?”

I laughed “I knew you weren’t going to believe it”

“Well, I’m sorry, I just don’t know what to say, but that’s…amazing! I’m happy for you two if you worked out your issues… now I can tell you I told you”

“You were just waiting for that, weren’t you”

“It happens that I like to be right most of the times”

Spring break was coming to his end; that was our last day.
As soon as I reached the beach in the afternoon, the first thing I did was looking out for John.
I saw him with Kennedy and their brothers at the bar, playing beer pong as always. That was their favorite game and they were often getting drunk early before the night.
I approached and took Kennedy’s side. He smiled at me and put an arm around my shoulder.

“I’m so proud of you” he whispered.

“This wasn’t possible if it wasn’t for you”

“You will thank me later, go and talk to him”

I walked next to John, while he was looking at his brothers playing.

“Hey” I was nervous.

“Hey sleeping beauty” I probably blushed “you finally decided to join us”

“I tend to sleep a lot”

“I quite remember that”

I smiled nervously and looked away. Just the memory of us together under the sheets made me shiver.

“Are you ok today? I mean…do the bruises hurt, still?”

“Kind of. But I’ve seen worse”

“John tell her about that time you ran into a tree with your bike because you were drunk” said a very hilarious Kennedy “he broke two teeth and his arm. Those were good times in the old Tempe”

“Is that true?”

“Every single word” he said both embarrassed and sort of proud.

“Young John sounds very funny”

“And stupid, I might add”

“Very stupid” Kennedy also added “but now he didn’t change at all, if I might say”

“No Kenny, you actually can’t” John replied “do you want me to tell everyone what happened that time at Austin’s house?”

“Ok, you won”

I laughed. They seemed to share a lot, even before they got into ASU together. Kennedy was such a nice guy, and a really good friend. He looked way over the bad break up with Jules, and I was happy for him.
He didn’t deserve someone like her.
In the meanwhile, I saw a couple of Sigma Ni brothers coming into the bar as well, and with them, there was Zack. As soon as he saw John and me talking, he couldn’t just stay quiet.

“Look who is here! Saint Andy and John The Warrior, how cool to see you together! Hey O’Callaghan how is your eye? Black is so fashion this year, you should wear it more often!”

We didn’t reply to his threatening sentence, but Tyson did.

“Listen you dumbass, why don’t you go out of here and fuck off before I call your coach back at ASU and tell him that you probably shouldn’t meet those guys that could make you pro? How do you feel about that?”

“Stay out of this, Ritter”

“Actually no, Merrick. You stay out of it. You stay out of everything involving my brothers”

“Who does even care about your stupid fraternity? You all suck”

“At least we are not some kind of robots who want to force a girl to have sex with them, or do you want me to tell this to your coach as well?”

“Are you blackmailing me or what?”

“Oh I’m so happy to see your brain actually functions!”

“Don’t say another word Ritter or I’ll break you into pieces”

“I’m so scared!”

I had a bad feeling about that. A very bad one.

“Guys please stop” I tried to say, but John took me by the hand asking me to stay out of it.

“I’m so sick of your useless fraternity, you’re a shame to ASU, you all suck”

“At least we don’t try to rape a young girl while we’re drunk”

All eyes were on me. Everyone knew about what happened and I felt so out of place. I hated to be looked like the one who was responsible of all that. As a matter of fact, I kinda was, but I never asked for it.
I loved to live my college life with no problems at all, but it seemed I couldn’t just stay out of trouble.

“Shut the hell up Ritter”

“Or what? I’m not scared of you asshole”

That was the last word before another fight.
Zack tried to hit Tyson but fortunately he didn’t. Tyson was very fast. He punched Zack but this one didn’t even move. He was very strong and we all knew it, and Tyson was as tall and skinny as John.
He didn’t have a chance.

Fortunately, as soon as the bartenders saw what was happening, they managed to stop the mess we were causing. They told us to leave before they called the cops, and so we did.

“You were lucky Ritter, thank those bartenders”

“Oh please Merrick, shut the fuck up and go back to your gay brothers!”

Kennedy got closer to Tyson and told him to end it. Everyone was staring at the whole scene.

“Don’t even get close to us again or you know what it’s going to happen, is that clear?”

“Sure. Same for you. You don’t want to get graduate with a black eye, right?”

“Get lost Merrick”

Zack and his brothers hit the beach and walked away. I felt relieved. Tyson was really brave, I had to admit. Every single brother at Theta Chi was a great one, and I loved them all. But not as much as I loved one of them: John was still holding my hand and all I felt was safeness.

The last hours of our holiday were a total rush. We were preparing our luggage before getting back on our rented van, before getting back to ASU and real life. I was so not looking forward to it.
I was so not looking forward to the end of the semester. That meant terms, that meant studying and exams. But that also meant freedom and vacation for a couple of months.
I was looking forward to get back to reality just because I wanted to know what would have happened between me and John. We didn’t really talk about our sort of relationship, so I was waiting for the right time and place to do it. I wanted to be sure. I wanted certainness.

“I will see you back at ASU I guess” John said before I could get on the van.

“Like…tomorrow?”

“Sure. Text me when you get there”

“Are you worried?”

“Jeez yes, a girl is driving, of course I’m worried”

I laughed “you silly”

Becky told me it was time to go. I shrugged my shoulder and I felt awkward. All my sisters were looking at us from the windows, just waiting for something to fool me around with while getting back.

“I feel like someone is watching” John said.

“I know. They’re just curious”

“As you are”

“We’re girls”

“You run the world, apparently”

“I like to think so”

Becky called me again, this time even louder.

“Ok I think I really have to go now”

“I don’t want your sisters to hate me because you’re late on schedule”

I laughed and felt my stomach becoming weird. That was beyond embarrassing. I hated goodbyes.

“See you tomorrow John”

“Have a safe trip back home”

I nodded and just smiled weakly before getting on the van. That was awful, but I really didn’t know what to do. I should have kissed him? I was being such a sucker.
I seated next to Becky who was looking at me in disbelief.

“What?”

“Are you fucking kidding me?”

“What are you talking about?”

“What was that!? You didn’t even kiss! What kind of goodbye was that!?”

“You were all looking, it was awkward!”

“Do you really care about us staring? We are waiting to see you together since ever! It’s like a TV show for us! Come on Andy go down before it’s too late. He was clearly waiting for something but you didn’t give him the chance!”

She was freaking right. I should have stopped caring about everything and enjoy what was happening, because it was finally happening.
I looked out of the window and John was walking back, but he was not that far. I asked Emma to wait for me and with my heart bumping I started to run after him, calling his name louder and louder.

“John, wait!”

“Andy, what happened?!”

“I forgot something”

“What’s that?”

I didn’t think about it twice. I just kissed him, right there ad then, and all I could feel was happiness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess who's back!:)
Hello wonderful people! I'm finally back home after 2 weeks in the awesome America.
They were amazing, I saw places that totally got my heart. I also saw the big M wall in Phoenix so I'm beyond happy. And as I promised, here I am posting a new chapter!
There are three chapters left to this story but don't worry I have a sequel in mind.

So, was the wait worth it?
How cute are these two?? And how cool is Tyson? Zack is such a dumbass OMG.
The end was absolutely adorable tho. Now they're all back on campus, what will happen?

I will get back to work (eventually) on monday. Im so not looking forward to it.

I want to thank you all for commenting and reading even if I was away. I found so many comments when I got back! Thank you from the bottom of my heart :)
It really means a lot. And don't forget the other fictions, they deserve a read as well I promise.
Thank you again, you are amazing!

Danielle
xxxxxx