Sequel: To Love And Back.
Status: complete!

That's What You Get.

Still Not Quite Enough

As soon as we all got back to ASU and our house, I texted John as promised.
I had to say I was missing that house. It was my second home and I felt safe in it. I had a lot of memories that brought me to it and I was glad I pledged that sorority. There were plenty of on campus but none of them was as worth as ZTA. I got into my room and lied down on my bed.
The only thing that was into my mind was one. And its name was John.

I couldn’t explain what I was feeling but it wasn’t something necessarily bad, as I always thought.
Kennedy was right from the beginning and I never listened to him. I always kept on being the stupid and naïve girl who was blind. But now I saw.
I saw more than I ever expected. I saw colors, when before I could only see in black and white.
John was putting colors in my life and was making me happy. Weird how things can change in a couple of days. I just needed confidence, maybe. Or maybe I just had to have a chat with my pride, John was right about it. I had a heart; I just never wanted to listen to it because I was afraid of hearing too much.
But now I wasn’t deaf anymore.

“Do I have to wait tomorrow to see you? We’re leaving right now, I’ll be home in like 5 hours. Are you up for a walk? The campus will be desert but as long as you’re with me I’m fine. Oh and btw, thanks for the goodbye kiss. I could get used to it…again. Xoxo”

I never smiled that wide from just receiving a text. Usually John’s texts were very short and determined.
That one was the sweetest I’ve ever read in my life.

“Count me in! 9pm in front of my house. And you’re welcome… See you later big boy. Xoxo”

I was thrilled to see him. And I wasn’t even thinking of having sex with him. I was totally changed.
Maybe I had to thank Jules after all. If it wasn’t for her “brilliant” idea to set her friend Vicky with John I wouldn’t have gotten that nervous and jealous, enough to realize I liked him back.
So yeah, thanks little Sis.

I felt asleep fast. I woke up with the beep of another text on my phone.

“I’m officially back! See you in two hours. Can’t wait! Xoxo”

I smiled again and started preparing myself. I went having a shower and then I opened my wardrobe really undecided on what to wear, but I wanted to be pretty, for him.
I chose a simple summer short dress, flats and a bag. I wanted to impress him but still being me.
I was kind of nervous, even if being with John always was easy because actually it was simple to be who I really was. Still, the thought of us together made the butterflies invade my stomach.

“Andy! Someone’s waiting for you in the hall!”

The clock said 8.30pm. I went downstairs to see John already there, waiting for me. I didn’t expect him to be so early, but his beauty didn’t surprise me at all. He was always amazing even just with a plain t-shirt and dirty jeans on. It’s true: love is really blind.

“Hey, it’s not 9pm!”

“I hope it’s not a problem if I’m here a little earlier”

“Oh yes, it’s such a problem” I joked, making him smile “Shall we go?”

“Sure” I grabbed my bag and we went out, feeling all my sisters’ eyes were on us.
We were like the next best thing on campus, the new couple to talk about in the coffee break.

John and I started walking side by side, not really sure what to say to the other. This new enthusiasm of being together was weird, at least for me, and I wasn’t still cool at showing it to him.

“I hate awkward silence” he said.

“Me too”

“I don’t even understand why we feel this awkward after everything we’ve been through. I mean I know you…you…know me”

“Well I don’t really…know you John. I wish I could get to know you more and properly”

“What do you wanna know?”

“Everything?”

“Well you might wanna sit down and wait for me to tell you about my life since 1988 until today then”

I laughed “I didn’t mean that, silly”

“Well, then what do you want to know about me? I’m not that interesting, and anyway you know a lot more about me than what you think”

“Such as?”

“You know the basics and then that I like music and writing lyrics. There is nothing more to say, believe me”

“I’m sure you have more to show. Just… tell me something you like”

“I like… hang out with my friends, go to parties, go to the lake, play with my brothers, I love my mom and I worship my dad like he is the best dude ever… I really look up to him as much as I look up to Tom Petty”

“See? There clearly is something!”

“And what about you? I’m sure you have something to say as well”

“I guess. Well I don’t have siblings, for instance… then I like reading, I like dogs and I have an insane love for Harry Potter” he laughed “I knew you would have laughed!”

“Come on, kid-o! Something like The Lord Of The Rings is deff better!”

“No way! Those books and movies are so boring! And they last hours!”

“Ok you clearly know nothing about movies, I reckon”

“Oh shut up O’Callaghan!”

He laughed out loud “you’re so cute when you get angry!”

At that statement I immediately shut my mouth up. I couldn’t believe he was so easy at complimenting me.
I mean, not like he never told me any compliment. Still, it was weird for me.
He was used to tell me I was hot, not that I was cute. And both compliments were flattering, but the second one was way sweeter. I probably even blushed.
We kept on walking until we found the cafeteria. We sat at a table and we ordered something to drink.

“You always drink beer” I said.

“You know me well”

“I kind of realized that after months at your parties”

“What other things did you realize about me?”

“That you seem like a good friend and a good brother”

“That is completely right” I laughed.

“And I realize now you are pretty modest as well” he nodded “and what about me?”

“What about you?”

“What could you say about me?”

“I know for sure you are a very organized person when it comes to college” he started after drinking a sip “you always have an agenda in your bag and you often write on it”

“It’s not because I’m organized, it’s just because I tend to forget things”

“Well, my bad then. You also like the color blue and red and your favorite book is not Harry Potter but The Picture of Dorian Gray. You always have that book in your bag too”

“Did you ever delve into my bag?!”

“No! I just like to stare at you while you sit on the grass and most of the times you’re reading that book so I thought you liked it. And then you have it written on Facebook as well” I burst into a giant laugh.

“I was about to believe it!”

“It’s true anyway, I kind of stare at you sometimes. You look relaxed when you read”

“That sounds really creepy”

“I didn’t mean it to sound that way” we smiled to each other and I thought instantly that his smile could light up a whole town. He was such a gorgeous guy, and I always was aware of it.

We spend the whole night talking about our futures and I realized he was very ambitious, especially about music. That’s why he never cared much about college: he just had a bigger plan.
John was full of energy and ideas, and he was well wasted in such a small place like Tempe.
I liked to live in Scottsdale so I never thought of living somewhere else, while he wanted to travel and change the world with his music. My bigger aim was just becoming a journalist, but I never thought of leaving America. His dream was to change people minds with his lyrics; mine was to tell people why the world was changing. We had a lot of things in common and I never thought it could have happened.
We walked back to my house still talking. We never had such a long conversation.

“I had a great night”

“Well it had to be a great first date, right?”

I didn’t thought it was our first date, but it was sweet he did. He was right after all: it was the first time we were just hanging out together with no sex involved. That was a big step forward for us.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then”

“We could go to the library and study for the final terms”

“I like this new responsible John” actually I liked him, period.

We were both waiting for the right moment to say goodnight but it was hard. I didn’t want him to go back even if I knew just ten hours of sleep were tearing us apart from seeing each other again.

“Goodnight John, see you tomorrow”

“Goodnight Andy”

None of us wanted to leave the other. Months ago I was the first to leave his bed.

“I hate the fact this has to be so awkward, it’s not like we never kissed before today”

“I know right?”

“But fuck it’s so weird” I laughed at him cursing “it’s weird acting like this”

“It’s not a bad thing”

“I never said it was” he gently put his hands on my shoulders “God only knows how long I’ve been waiting for this to happen. Well, actually also Kennedy knows. And now you know”

All that cuteness was making my heart melting. I laughed and kissed him fast on his mouth, thing that left him speechless. He smiled and kissed me again, this time definitely better.
We kept on just kissing for a couple of minutes, where my heart was about to explode. The way he touched my hair and cheeks, the way he was holding my hands, the way he hugged me after that, it was all too perfect to be true. Ah, if only I knew it before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here I am! With no job but with a new chapter.
Just other two before this story ends :( But do not be sad...there's a sequel along the way!

So, this was a cute filter about their new way of being together.
Sex in not the main aim now. Being together and happy is, and I'm happy for them :) Are you?
They're so cuuuute!Especially John :)

I want to know your ideas for a great finale.
I have it in mind but still, what would you like to read in these last two chapters?

Thanks for the nice comment, you're always SO kind.
I love you all!

Danielle
xxxx