Until the End

Best Friend Help.

I sat outside, leaning against the bus, as I smoked a cigarette and waited for one thirty to come around. We had reached our new destination, which I failed to remember, and the rest of the guys were chilling on the bus. Doesn’t help half of them are still hung over. Once we hit noon the Berrys and I were going to start setting up. I sighed, getting lost in my thoughts.

The guys had truly been bothering me until I finally walked out. After I had helped Jimmy into the booth the jokes and teasing had started. I really didn’t know what everyone was hinting at, but it was really starting to bother me. Especially since it was all sexual. I mean, I’m not a virgin but it still bothers me to think about that stuff happening with someone counted as a coworker. Jimmy told me just to ignore them, but it was pretty hard.

I pulled out my phone, scrolling down to the familiar name. It was times like this that I needed my best friend. I pressed the call button before holding the phone to my ear. After three rings she answered. “Hello. This is Sarah I Got Ditched By My Best Friend To Go On Tour With The Rock Stars Who We’ve Been Crushing On Thanks To Me. How can I help you?”

I rolled my eyes, giggling at my friend’s, apparently, multiple middle names and last name. “So your name is Sarah Me now?”

“Shut up Hades,” Sarah chuckled, letting me know she wasn’t truly unhappy with me going on the tour with the band. “So what’s up Miss Roadie?”

“Nothing much really,” I confessed. “It’s kind of just like a big party.”

“Well that’s a party I would not mind signing up for,” Sarah informed. I rolled my eyes. “But really, you don’t just randomly call me at one in the afternoon. Texting, maybe, but calling?”

“I need to talk to you about something,” I said nervously, deciding not to beat around the bush. Obviously Sarah sensed my worry and automatically got excited. Worry and nervousness was something she was excited to hear, it meant something interesting.

“Did you sleep with one of them?!” Sarah gasped. I could feel the heat automatically take over my whole face. Of course Sarah would automatically assume that.

“Sarah, no! Why would you think that?!” I whisper yelled, not wanting to bother the guys or spike their interests. That was the last thing I needed, them walk outside and seeing me blushing. They’d never leave me alone until I told them what happened. And knowing Sarah she would willing blab to tell why I had blushed.

“Well in the time that you are usually at my house and you’re not I read fan fictions. There are some creative minds on these sites Hades. Sorry, but when I read an Avenged one I can’t help but think, shit, what if Hayden’s doing this right now?”

“Well stop it. I’m not and I will not. Those guys are my coworkers,” I scowled, trying to calm myself so my blush would go away.

“Well you did say you were going on tour with Saosin…” Sarah trailed off. Well there goes that plan of calming down. My face heated up again, worse than before.

“Stop Sarah! I barely even spoke to the other bands.”

“Oooh. They’re keeping you to themselves. That must mean they’re all secretly falling in love with you. Oh no, Johnny might die if they break out into a bloodshed. He is the shortest and probably the weakest.”

“Sarah!” I exclaimed, my face feeling as if it were really on fire. Sarah began to giggle like a madwoman. I groaned, covering my eyes with my free hand. So much for Sarah being any kind of rock. She’s just trying to torture me!

“I’m sorry, I’ll stop,” she laughed out. After a few moments she was taking deep, calming breaths. Finally she let out her final chuckle. “Okay, now what did you need to talk about?”

“Swear you’re not going to make it into a huge joke,” I muttered, removing my hand once I was sure that I was no longer blushing.

“I pinky promise,” Sarah vowed as I looked around the venue to make sure no one was in sight.

“The guys are saying pretty sexual things about me and Jimmy,” I finally forced out. The words sounded strange on my tongue as if they were a foreign language.

It was silent for a moment on the other end of the line. “Are they true?”

“Damnit Sarah,” I sighed, slapping a palm to my forehead. “Didn’t we just go over this?”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Sarah giggled.

“You’re making this into a joke like you pinky promised you wouldn’t,” I pointed out, sliding my hand down my face before I let it drop into my lap.

“I’m sorry!” Sarah exclaimed. “Why would they be doing that?”

“Because I helped Jimmy cleanup from a nasty hangover. Once I helped him into the front, since he couldn’t walk to save his life, they started sending hints and shit. I don’t get it,” I admitted, wincing. Sarah ‘hmm’ed, probably thinking it over.

“I have come to a decision!” Sarah announced. After a moment of saying nothing else I growled. She laughed, probably grinning like a Cheshire cat. “Calm down puppy. I think the guys are probably messing with you for that simple fact: they’re guys. You know boys never mature.”

“Are you sure?” I asked feebly. How would she know? Only the guys would know for sure. But somehow if Sarah was totally sure it would calm me down.

“Definitely,” Sarah said sternly. “But Hayden, I gotta ask, do you have feelings for Jimmy?”

My best friend had managed to make me blush yet again for a total of four times. That was a new high score for Sarah, whether she knew it or not. “I – I don’t know. I mean, kind of. I mean, I don’t know what I mean!”

“It’s just a simple yes or no Hayden, I won’t judge you. Hell, I’d probably fall head over heels for Zacky if I got to spend as much time with him as you have with Jimmy,” Sarah informed, going off with a dreamy tone. She was probably in her land of make-believe where she was married to the rhythm guitarist. I was silent for some time, but Sarah waited patiently.

“I – I think I do Sarbear,” I confessed, studying my shoes.

“Well tell him!” Sarah shouted.

“No! He practically just broke up with his last girlfriend. He’s not over her,” I informed, thinking of last night’s events. I shook my head, trying to get out the image of Jimmy’s extremely angry face. I would never admit it to him, but he had terrified me looking like that.

“Oh yeah, you don’t want to be his rebound,” Sarah agreed. “Wait a while, but you have to tell him. It’s going to eat you from the inside out if you don’t tell him.”

“But I don’t want to tell him,” I moaned. “We’re coworkers; it’ll just make everything awkward. And besides, what if he doesn’t feel the same way about me? Not only would that make everything awkward I would also look like a total fool.”

“Well, Miss Fraser, I guess you’re just going to have to take the risk.” I sighed, muttering some incoherent words under my breath. “I didn’t help much did I?”

“No, you, shockingly, did help more than I thought you would.”

“So now I’m not usually helpful, is that what you’re saying?” Sarah accused playfully.

“Yep,” I replied, letting the ‘p’ pop.

“You ass,” Sarah laughed. Just then the door to the bus opened, the Berry twins climbing off.

“I gotta go Sarah. Need to do roadie stuff now.”

“Alright buddy. Talk to you later.” We exchanged our goodbyes before hanging up. I stood up and brushed off my jeans.

“Who was that?” Jason asked curiously as we started our walk to the stage.

“Just my best friend from home,” I replied with a smile.

“So, you and Jimmy, huh?” Matt teased, gently jabbing my side with his elbow. I groaned, covering my face with my hands. They will just not drop it.

“Jimmy and I didn’t do anything! Would you two quit now?” I exclaimed. The two laughed in unison.

“We’re just kidding Hayden. No need to get defensive,” Jason remarked as we walked to the trailer next to the stage. I muttered some things under my breath as I picked up an amp. Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit.

Thanks for commenting: afferty, angy_kaulitz, AlixInWonderland, Violent Ecstasy, Shankhill_Butcher, and shylaSATIRE. I would probably end up being Sarah if my friend was in this position lol. You know the drill guys(: