Until the End

Rapist.

The rest of the day before the concert passed relatively slow. When we all hung out Hayden and I had to suffer as the guys continued to pick on us. And then when we went to the merch tent for a pre-show signing I got hit on by multiple girls, and guys. Including one of our merch guys. The same guy who winked at me the first day. Why the hell that guy is still here is a mystery to me. It didn’t stop Hayden, who had been chilling behind with the Berrys, to jump on board with making fun of me.

“Why is everyone so mean to me?” I whined, my arms crossed over my chest. We were sitting backstage since we had about thirty minutes before the show. We were all taking turns playing Call of Duty, Matt was the current champion. Hayden giggled as I jutted out my bottom lip.

“Because you’re an easy target.” I gave her a faked appalled look.

“I am hurt Hayden! You truly think that of me? I am going to die from the heartbreak,” I cried dramatically. Hayden just doubled over laughing which caused the corner of my mouth to twitch with a smile.

“You be aight.” My mouth fell agape again.

“You're just a hater, that's it,” I announced, crossing my arms over my chest and looking away dramatically. The rest of the guys (the band and the Berrys) looked over at us for a split second before looking away, all with their own small smirk. “Hey, what's that for?”

“Nothing love birds. Go back to your lover's quarrel,” Johnny replied, waving it off. My eye literally twitched as I grinded my teeth together. I stood silently to stand behind Johnny who sat on the other couch. He looked up just before I hoped over the couch, taking him into a chokehold.

“Take it back short shit.”

“No need…to get defensive,” Johnny choked out. I had to give him points. He was getting choked to death and he still had the balls to make comebacks. I just sighed, dropping him to the floor in a heap. He moaned, holding his head pathetically.

“What was all that about?” Hayden asked curiously, tilting her head to the side as I leaned over the back of the couch to grab my pack from the coffee table.

“Nothing. Just tired of the little bitch is all,” I muttered, having to stop myself from blushing. I cursed myself in my mind as I hurriedly walked from the room. Why was I lapsing back into being a goddamn preteen? Next thing I knew my voice was gunna start cracking in the middle of my sentences. I grimaced at the mental image I painted.

“Hey Hades, you want a smoke?”

She would begin to point and laugh and start not wanting to talk to me. I sighed, slipping out a cigarette and patting myself down for a lighter. I groaned when I came up empty handed and plopped down on the side of the stage in defeat. Suddenly a Zippo that was aflame was placed in front of my face. I gratefully lit it up, letting out a content sigh.

“Thanks.” I looked over at my savior and almost wanted to barf. You had to be fucking joshing me.

“No problem.” It was that one guy. Sorry, let me rephrase, the. The guy I thought was going to rape me. I winced slightly, but tried to hide it as much as I could. I looked at my phone and forged shock.

“Damn, I’m late. I gotta go.” As I stood the guy shoved himself forward, pinning me to the side stage.

“Well darn. I was hoping you’d stay behind with me,” he purred. Why was I not drop kicking him by now? He was only about Johnny’s size and I could beat the shit out of him. I’m going to blame it on shock.

“Hey, I’m just going throw this out there, so please listen well. I am not gay or even bisexual.”

“I’ll make you it baby,” he said huskily into my ear. A shiver went up and down my spine at this. I was going to get raped, yup, I just knew it. I mean, I picked on Johnny that one time after I helped kick that prick’s ass, but now I was gunna learn what it felt like. My mind is officially shutting down and fucking me over.

“Wha - what the hell bro?” I muttered as this freak guy began to kiss my neck. The cigarette had crashed to the floor and was being smushed out by his shoe. I was so close to crying right now. Why did I have to be such an idiot? Why, why, why?

“Jimmy!” We both shot our head towards the voice. Standing at the backstage door was none other than Hayden. I could literally see a bright, off yellow halo around her whole being. I felt like crying happily. I love you Hayden, with all my heart. “C’mon dude, you need to go on for sound check.”

“Thanks Hayden.” I quickly detached the - still unnamed - guy and hurried over to her. I pushed her in and slammed the door shut behind me. I took her into a tight hug and began to actually cry. “Thank-you so much! I thought I was going to get raped! You just saved me!”

“Are you seriously afraid you were going to get raped?” Hayden asked, amazed.

“I think he was going to. I really do.” Hayden just laughed at me. “Hey, what’s that for?”

“That guy’s, like, Johnny’s size. You always pick on him. What’s so different with that guy?”

“That’s what I was thinking,” I murmured. Still don’t know the answer yet. Shock still sounds nice. “I still want him fired.”

“Speak to Thor then.” It was then that a thought popped into my head.

“Why’d you come outside anyways?”

“I wanted to come check up on you. You seemed kind of pissed when you left.” We pulled to a stop outside the dressing room door. She turned to me with a worried look. I had to look away. I hated people who looked at me with worry or pity, it made me feel weak. Like I could really talk. I almost got raped by a pipsqueak. “So are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” I replied, forcing a laugh. Hayden looked at me doubtfully, but did press the subject. We walked back into the dressing room where the guys had continued with their game. Zacky let out a loud ‘fuck’, tossing his remote at Matt’s, who was still holding the other remote, side. Matt’s face was engulfed in a smile with his dimples showing obviously.

“You are a fucking cheater Matt, you are!” Zacky exclaimed, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Oh, go whine to your mommy,” Matt scoffed, going to a new game. Zacky glared and walked off into the bathroom connected to our dressing room. “Who is going against me next?”

“I’ll go,” Hayden volunteered, her hand raised above her head as if she were in school. We all had to snicker a little. Hayden versus Matt? Hayden is going to lose crying.

“If you say so,” Matt replied, holding out the other controller. She took it and sat on the couch next to him cross legged. Five minutes later and we were all staring flabbergasted at the screen. Hayden had won. It was her first time playing the game, as she was telling us, and she had beaten Matt at his own game. “There is no fucking way that just happened!”

“Well it did Mattie. So, go whine to your mommy,” Hayden mocked. Matt glared, childishly tossing the remote to the ground.

“Stupid fucking game.” At this everyone in the room, minus the sulking singer, tackled Hayden into a hug.

“Our princess! Our savior!” I sang loudly over everyone’s congratulations.

“It’s not that big of a deal guys,” Hayden laughed, trying to push the six grown men off of her. We all let go and I stood to my feet.

“I’m going for a smoke break. Anyone want to come with?” I asked. Hayden rose and skipped the way out the door. The rest of the guys shook their heads ‘no’ so I was quick to follow Hayden. She was just outside, sitting on the wall opposite from the door.

“Don’t want a chance of running into the rapist,” she teased. I stuck my tongue out, passing her a cigarette and then placing one between my lips. I took out a Zippo with a nautical star on it, the one I had slipped form Brian while we were watching Hayden and Matt. I lit up Hayden’s who nodded her thanks. I breathed out and smiled down at her from my still standing position.

“So there is no way that was your first game. You knew tricks not even Matt the Addict knew.” Hayden grinned, letting out a breath of smoke.

“At least everyone’s not gullible,” she giggled. “My friend Sarah and I play all the time. I even entered a little competition over in Long Beach. I was crowned champion.”

My mouth fell open at this. All the competitors must have been fucking amazed, and ashamed. I shook my head with a faint smile. “Well Ms. Champion, let’s leave this between ourselves. Matt would whine and bitch saying it wasn’t fair and didn’t count.”

“Agreed.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Cool kids: AlixInWonderland, Violent Ecstasy, afferty, angy_kaulitz, ApocalypticAlyssa, shylaSATIRE, and KellShadows. Sorry it took so long to update. I was gone all weekend, busy Monday for my mom's birthday, gone most of yesterday, and now I'm in computer class. Yay! So anyway, this was kind of a filler but you learned a pointless fact about Hayden(: Leaving class now so I can't proofread until later. Comments?<3