Until the End

A Thing.

This is the ballsy-est thing I have ever done. Actually, with the lack of reaction from Hayden, I’m beginning to think it was the stupidest thing I’ve ever done. It’s the ballsy kind of stupid. I quickly detached my lips from hers, blushing brightly and observing my scuffed up Converse.

“I - I’m sorry. That was stupid of me,” I apologized. I jerked forward to pull myself off my ass, but was stopped by a hand on my arm. I turned only to have my lips captured in a kiss. My eyes grew wide as I stared at the closed eyes of Hayden. I was quick to react and kissed back. Our lips moved in sync for a few moments before we broke away. Her emerald eyes opened to make me want to melt.

“Don’t be,” she said quietly. I couldn’t stop my smile. I leaned forward on my hands to kiss her again. I, however, had to stop and hiss before I could make it all the way. I quickly raised my hand to examine it. There was a slight burn in the palm from Hayden’s fallen cigarette I had caused her to drop. “I’m sorry!”

“Don’t be, it’s my fault,” I chuckled, rubbing the sore skin. I hissed, quickly removing my opposing hand. That wasn’t the brightest idea. I looked up to still see Hayden staring at my small patch of burn skin with concern. I raised her face by her chin and smiled. “You know, you have the brightest, green eyes I’ve ever seen.”

“Obviously you have not seen Zack’s,” Hayden muttered, her eyes trailing to the ground. I put on a fake thoughtful look before shaking my head.

“No, I think you beat his.”

“Why do you like me?” I was taken aback by this. I didn’t even imagine our conversation heading this way. In fact the only thing I could think of to say was ‘what?’. Hayden sighed as my hand fell from it’s hold on her chin. “Why do you like me?”

“Why would I not?” I countered. Hayden shrugged.

“Guys have never really liked me once they found out about my illness. That or they date me because they pity me. You seem like neither.” Her eyes met mine causing a shiver to dance down my spine. “So why do you like me?”

“You’re amazing, beautiful, funny, random, fun, must I go on?” Hayden smiled faintly, moving closer into my side and wrapping her arms around my waist.

“You’ve decided all this within the week we’ve known each other?” She mused.

“Within the hour we had known each other actually.” Her eyes grew two sizes their normal size as she looked up at me, shock written clearly on her face.

“No way,” Hayden choked out. I ‘mhm’ed which caused her to suddenly grin again. She stretched a bit to be able to plant a kiss on my jaw line. “Well now I know you must be telling the truth.”

“How?” I asked, an eyebrow raised in curiosity.

“Because you blush when you’re telling a girl the truth.” It was then I felt the heat on my cheeks. I knew Brian must of talked to her about me then. I quickly turned my head away to hide my red face. I hated the light posts spread around the venue now since Hayden could clearly see my face. Hayden giggled and said, “Stop hiding your pretty face from me.”

“No. I look like an idiot,” I muttered. Hayden forced me to look back at her by grabbing my chin.

“No you don’t. I think it’s adorable.” I didn’t reply but she did place a kiss on my nose. I had to admit, that was insanely cute. But I was way too nervous to try and speak at the moment. I would probably trip over my tongue and say something insulting instead. That would be brilliant.

“You look really cute with your baby face.”

“Wait, are you calling me fat?”


Not that he really thought Hayden would reply with that. She’d probably just giggle all cute-like and say something back. And that’s another thing he liked. Even if she got complimented she’d just do it back instead of getting an ego. “Jimmy?”

“Huh?” I looked up to see Hayden smiling at me, though her eyes were shining with a mixture of confusion and worry.

“Are you okay?”

“Just a bit…well, just a bit awestruck really,” I admitted.

“Because of me?” I nodded. She seemed shocked. “Why?”

“You know, you ask that question a lot.”

“And you try to pathetically change the subject a lot. Now answer the question.” This made me laugh a little. She was good.

“I’ve just never had someone as good and honest as you. All my life was wasted on someone who, apparently, didn’t deserve it all. It’s just a great change,” I replied honestly. She smiled, curling into my side once more.

“Glad to know you feel that way.” It lapsed into a silence then. But a very comfortable one. It was then the moment was ruined by none other than Brian.

“Jimmy, Hayden! C’mon, we’re going to get food before we get on the road!” I looked down at Hayden who was sighing and already sitting up straight.

“We might as well go. They might freak,” Hayden said knowingly. I nodded in agreement and climbed to my feet. I held out my hand for her which she gratefully took. “So are we going to tell them?”

“What?” I asked.

“About us?”

“I didn’t know there was anything to tell.” Her mouth formed a hard, straight line. I chuckled, stopping her to plant a kiss on her forehead. “By that I mean, do you want to be my girlfriend?”

“Of course!” Hayden exclaimed. She blushed, tilting her head downwards. “I mean, I’d love to.”

“Good.” We walked forward to the stage where the rest of the band huddled. They all raised an eyebrow at the sight of us walking hand in hand.

“Hey guys…” Matt greeted, trailing off.

“So, you two an, uhm, thing now?” Zacky asked, coughing into his fist. When we nodded a random scream of happiness erupted into the air. Suddenly Hayden was being brought into a tight hug by two running human bodies. Soon the two were making Hayden jump up and down, revealing it was the Berry twins.

“We told you, we told you!” They sang in unison. We all laughed, shaking our heads at the two twins.
♠ ♠ ♠
Commenters<3 : Rapsby, RedundantWhatsername, afferty, AlixInWonderland, Violent Ecstasy, ApocalypticAlyssa, shylaSATIRE, angy_kaulitz, and CookieMonster1210. Sorry this is totally a filler. But is it being a, hopefully, cute update make it worth it? I hope so. You know the drill(: