Until the End

Meeting Up.

Three days after I had sent the letter I was idly drawing at my island. Since it was one in the afternoon I had already finished my six to twelve shift at the music store I worked at. That plus my bartending job at night and my small inheritance, I was easily keeping afloat with my bills and such. Suddenly my phone went off and I rolled my eyes figuring it was my best friend Sarah.

I danced and sang along as I headed into the living room where my phone was located. I plucked it up from the coffee table and somewhat narrowed my eyes at my phone as I still quietly sang along to Gun N’ Roses’s Paradise City. It wasn’t Sarah, or anyone else in my phone for that matter. Instead I saw a local number flash. I just shrugged and flipped open my phone.

“Hello?” I chirped in my usual greeting to people I didn’t know well. Or at all.

“Is this Hayden Fraser?”[

“It depends on who’s calling because I might be her evil roommate Helga,” I spoke bluntly. Laughter from multiple people were heard from the background. I could only assume I was on speaker with whoever this person was. “I’m leaning more towards Helga now.”

“My name is Jimmy Sullivan. My friends have names too, but they take too long to say.”

“Well hello Jimmy. Why are you calling my phone?”

“You mean you don’t recognize my name?”

“Of course I do, but I’m not really going to believe the drummer of my favorite band is calling me. With the even slimmer chance that I’m on speaker with the rest of the band. I’m going to believe you’re some kid prank calling me. So I’ll ask again, why are you calling my phone?”

“Damn Jimmy, she’s smart. Told you it wouldn’t work so easily.” The only thing heard in reply was ‘shut up Brian’.

“So I’m going to hang up now,” I said slowly.

“Wait! How can we get you to believe us?”

“Okay kid, you got me on a good day. If this is really The Rev, make me a sign. You guys all have to be in the picture and don’t send me something that’s all over the internet. Just send it to this number.”

“Deal.” I got hung up on, beeping telling me the call had ended. I rolled my eyes, flipping my lime green Razor shut. I slid it into my back pocket before skipping over to my stereo with my abundant CD collection. Even if this kid is being immature he still got me wanting to listen to my music. I pulled out the abused case of Avenged Seven fold’s City Of Evil. As the CD began I jumped on my couch, air guitaring and singing along to M.Shadows’ raspy voice.

Within the first song my phone began to play Unholy Confessions the signal that I had gotten a text message. I flipped it open to see the number flashing across my screen. I pressed ‘accept’ and waited as the picture loaded. My jaw fell open at the sight I looked at. The whole band was standing in front of a bathroom mirror, a phone in Zacky’s hand and a sign in The Rev’s hand reading ‘fucking told you’ in thick, black marker. I pressed reply and entered my text.

‘You have my undivided attention.’

I instantly sobered up and a shit eating grin took over my face. The Rev was talking to me on my phone, along with the rest of the band. I squealed, jumping in circles. They must have read my letter! I don’t really know how they got my cell number, but I really don’t care. They were talking to me! As my text message ring tone went off again I answered it with speed faster than I thought possible.

‘Do you think we could all meet up somewhere?’

My jaw fell open. No. Fucking. Way. This was almost too good to be true. I let out another squeal and skipped towards my room as I typed my reply.

‘Where did you have in mind?’

I looked down at my work clothes and cringed. I didn’t exactly want to go meet them in a black polo and khaki pants. I shed out of my pants and pulled on a pair of black skinnies. As I took off the polo I got a text message. I picked up the phone and read the reply.

‘Joe’s Diner in ten?’

I knew the place well. I always passed it on my way to work. It was on the pier so luckily it was only a five minute walk. I sent a quick reply agreeing before going back to grab a crimson v-neck from my dresser. I slipped it over my head before pulling on my black Ugg boots. They were the only shoes I had the patience to pull on. I decided my messy ponytail was good enough. I slipped my phone and smokes into my pockets before grabbing my keys and leaving the apartment.

After a few long minutes I was on the pier. I took a deep breath as the diner came into sight. I suddenly remembered that they had no idea what I looked like. I sent them a text to let them know to look for a girl in my clothes. I stopped at the shop next door, trying to look discrete as I peered into the window at the clothes. Didn’t need anyone thinking I was purposely trying to hold off going inside the diner. That’d be awkward. Jimmy told me ‘okay’. I took a deep breath and walked to the diner next door.

The bell above my head went off to announced my entrance. I saw the cook, Joe, through a small space left between a counter he put the orders on and the top of the square in the wall. He grinned and nodded at me. I smiled back before walking fully into the place. The only table taken was by some older couple in the front. My heart dropped a little before I forced myself to shake it off. It hasn’t even been ten minutes yet. I sat myself down at a four seated table as Annie, the waitress here, walked up.

“Well hey sweetie. Whatcya doing here?” I smiled up at the middle aged woman.

“I’m waiting for some…friends.” It felt weird to say that, but what else was I going to say? Meeting up with some guys who I personally stalk that somehow got my number? I’m sure that would blow over well.

“Well how about I get you a strawberry milkshake while you wait.” I grinned up at her. What can I say? Annie knows me. As she walked away the sound of the bell dinging again caught my attention. The sight of five men walking into the diner made me forget how to breathe for a moment.

“Hayden Fraser?” I was brought out of my daze by the voice being directly in front of me. I jumped, looking up at the man in front of me. He wore aviators and a backwards baseball cap. I quickly stood even though I still didn’t add up to his height. I was five foot four and hated it at this current moment.

“Yes I am.” His face broke into a smile. The dimples didn’t seem to fit his ‘bad boy’ exterior at all. The sudden flash of a huge teddy bear took his place. I blushed at my absurd thought as he took off his sunglasses.

“I’m Matt Sanders.” I stared at his outstretched hand dumbfounded. Then realization struck me. I quickly took his hand and shook it.

“Nice to meet you.” Matt was shoved out of the way by a much taller man. I let my head tilt back to be able to see the grinning face and bright blue eyes.

“I’m Jimmy! You’re a lot pretty than I imagined!” I blushed even deeper as he said this. There is no way he really did just say that, right? I think he really just said that.

“T - thank-you.” Jimmy was suddenly smacked in the back of the head by a guy with snakebites and the brightest green eyes I had ever seen. And people thought mine were green.

“Jimmy, quit embarrassing the poor girl. You’re going to scare her off,” the man scowled. He turned to me with a bright smile. “Hi, I’m Zacky.”

“I’m Johnny!” A new guy interjected, stepping in front of Zack. He had brown eyes and blond/black hair. “Damn you’re even shorter than me!”

“Quit being an ass Johnny,” Zacky ordered, slapping him in the back of the head too. I pictured Zacky as the mother hen of the group. An image of him in an apron caused me to quickly look away. I turned to look at the last guy and blushed deeply.

“Hey! You’re that one girl from the hospital!” It was true. That guy I had run into on the elevator was standing right next to Johnny. He smirked and held out a hand. “Well I’m Brian.”

“Nice to meet you.” I shook his hand before everyone went to sit down. It was me and Jimmy on one side and Matt and Johnny on the other. Zacky pulled up a chair on the end next to Jimmy and Brian pulled up a chair to be on the side next to me.

“Oh. So these are the friends you were talking about,” Annie said knowingly, placing down my milkshake. I blushed at being caught telling people they were my ‘friends‘, studying the table. It had a small, faint pink smudge on my corner of the table.

“Yes ma’am!” I looked over at Jimmy with wide eyes. He seemed oblivious to my gaze as he was too busy grinning at Annie. “Can I get one of those.”

“Sure thing hun,” Annie replied as he pointed at my drink. “Anything for you guys?”

After they all placed an order for a drink it lapsed back into silence. Matt leaned forward, a seriousness on his face which showed he meant business. I took a nervous sip of my strawberry heaven before Matt opened his mouth. “So Hayden, I guess you’re pretty curious as to why we all wanted to meet up.”

“Just a little,” I muttered.

“Well - ” Matt was quickly cut off by Jimmy.

“We want you to come with on our tour!”

What?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank-you for commenting: Sk8babe, Rapsby, Lost-enigma, KellShadows, Violent Ecstasy, and qwertasdfghjkl666. I hope it's turning out as good as I want it to. So what's your guys' favorite parts? Comment please, yeah? <3