Until the End

Fight.

An hour and a half later we had finally reached our first city: San Diego, California. The one thing I hated about tour was being stuck on a bus for any amount of time over an hour. I was the kind that had to be doing something and can’t be confined to one area for more than a certain amount of time. I am The Rev; it’s just impossible. I ran off the bus screaming ‘hallelujah’, possibly scaring half the venue.

“Chill out Jimmy, we just go there. No reason for everyone to already hate us,” Zacky sighed as he stepped off the bus, shortly followed by Brian and Matt. I mocked him with my hand and my mouth. Zacky was such the mother hen around us. And I thought Matt would have become my mother now that I’m older. Geeze. Suddenly the Berry twins emerged with Hayden and Johnny not far behind.

“Hayden!” I ran up to her and began to lightly pull her arm. “You should come play hide ‘n seek with me! It ticks the guys off and it’s more fun when I have someone else with me.”

“I can’t Jimmy.” I paused, looking back to see her with half of her mouth turned up in an apologetic half smile. “I need to help out Jason and Matt. Remember, I’m getting paid to help out. I need to do my job.”

“But Hayden,” I whined, refusing to let go of her arm that I had a death grip on. Hayden looked between the twins and the rest of my band. They all shrugged which caused Hayden to sigh.

“Jimmy, c’mon. What if I promise to play later?”

“You guys never get time,” I scoffed.

“I’ll make time.” I studied her green eyes which seemed exhausted already. I let out a dramatic sigh, but released her arm.

“I’m holding you to your words missy.”

“Deal. Later guys.” Hayden gave us one last wave before following the Berrys. I turned around to face my fellow band mates with a stern face.

“Someone’s playing hide ‘n seek with me god damnit.” They all shared looks with each other before the older three turned to stare at Johnny. He looked between all three and groaned at their blank, poker faces.

“Oh come on! Why do I have to?” Johnny whined. God he’s such a bitch sometimes. I’ve told everyone we should worry about him. Does anyone listen to me? Of course not. I’m just ‘being mean’.

“Because I had to last time,” Zacky replied.

“And we just don’t wanna,” Matt and Brian said in unison. I smirked when Johnny sighed, dropping his head.

“Fine. Assholes,” the bassist muttered. I smirked, running off as he covered his eyes with his hands and began his slow climb to twenty-five. I knew the guys would actually come to find me rather than just having me sit around. They were always worried I would get into trouble, which I usually did.

I ran into the rows of merch tents already being set up. You know, for only almost eleven it was really busy here. I sighed when I passed by our tent and saw some random guy who stared me up and down. Didn’t we learn from last tour to not hire on guys (or even girls) who crushes on us? Last tour we had Johnny almost got raped by our gay merch guy, no joke. I let a shiver go down my spine when he winked at me. I sped up my pace to head towards the main stage. I watched as Hayden brought an amp up the ramp to where Jason was laying down duct tape and plugging stuff in.

“Hey guys.” Hayden jumped, almost losing the grip on her amp which would have slammed onto her foot.

“Holy shit Jimmy. Don’t do that. We just got the poor girl. Don’t want to send her to the hospital on the first day,” Matt B. scowled as Hayden carefully placed the amp in the orange square Jason made.

“Seriously Jimmy. I told you I’d hangout with you later,” Hayden sighed, running a hand through her hair. I chuckled nervously as I rubbed the back of my neck.

“Sorry. I'm actually playing with Johnny. I couldn’t think of anywhere else to hide but over here.” Hayden crossed her arms over her chest and rose an eyebrow suspiciously at me. I raised my hands in front of me in defense. “I’m serious.”

“Okay, I believe you. Just – well no offense, but just go away for now, okay? I need to get this stuff done without any distractions.” I kind of felt crushed, but I knew what she was talking about. I was only taking her away from her work. I’m paid to just play shows; she’s paid to prepare for them.

“Nah, it’s cool. See you guys later.” I walked away, waving over my shoulder. What was up with me? I’m like an eleven year old who’s trying to hangout with the girl he has a crush on as much as possible, even when they know the girl hates them. I sighed, taking both hands to mess up my hair. I ended up back at the bus, everyone sitting around smoking minus Johnny. “Where’s short shit?”

Matt looked up with a cigarette dangling out his mouth. “To find you.”

“Go figure.” I plopped down next to Brian, leaning back onto the side of the bus like the rest of them were. He offered me his pack which I gladly slipped a Marlboro Red from. I took his offered lighter, striking up the small flame to ignite my cancer stick. Once I handed back his lighter it lapsed into a comfortable silence between the four of us.

“So…you totally like Hayden, huh?” I coughed on the drag I was taking as Matt said this.

“Nu uh. I think you are tripping on something fierce my friend,” I laughed, shaking my head.

“Told you he is still in denial,” Zacky sang. I leaned forward to be able to see him and flip him the bird. He raised his hands in defense in front of him. “Hey, don’t be pissed at me ‘cause you know it’s true.”

“No, it’s not,” I said sternly.

“Why are you so hesitant to admit it Jimmy? Is this still over Leana?” If looks could kill Brian would be dead by now. Dead and rotting in the core of Earth.

“Do not bring her up to me,” I hissed.

“Why? Because you know you’re too much of a pussy to admit it?” Brian taunted. I stood to my feet, grabbing a handful of Brian’s shirt to bring him up with me. I glared down at the man in my grasp, my teeth grinding together to destroy the filter on my smoke.

“One more word Haner and I swear to God I will punch in those pretty little teeth of yours,” I snapped. Suddenly Matt was standing between us, shoving our chests away from each other with his hands.

“That’s enough you two. I’m going to pretend this is all just because of pretour jitters. You both are being fucking stupid.”

“He’s the one bringing up parts of the past that should be buried,” I seethed.

“And you’re the one too scared to make a commitment because of some ex,” Brian exclaimed.

“Shut the fuck up Brian,” Zacky ordered as he placed himself in front of the lead guitarist. My hands clenched and unclenched into fists as I glared down Brian, him returning my gaze just a fiercely.

“What about Michelle, huh? I don’t see you making any comebacks from her.”

“Shut your mouth Sullivan.”

“You first you fucking cheating whore.” That was the last straw for him. Brian flew himself forward, shoving Zacky out of the way and throwing fists over and around Matt’s body as Matt tried to push us away from each other. I caught Brian’s nose while he hit me in the left eye.

“That’s enough!” Thor boomed, finally coming off the bus. Matt successfully pulled me away as Zacky did the same with Brian. He was cursing me as he tilted his head back and pinched the bridge of his nose to try and stop the blood from continuing to flow. I could feel my eye beginning to swell with a black eye. “Both of you get away from each other now and calm the fuck down! I don’t know what is going on or what started it, I really don’t give a flying fuck. We don’t need this shit on tour. Go get your act together.”

I ripped my arm from Matt’s grip, storming off in a random direction. Thor can kiss my ass. I am not taking that shit from Brian or anyone else for that matter. I won’t apologize first. No way in hell. Just before I was completely out of ear shot I heard Johnny ask, "What did I miss?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank-you for commenting KellShadows. You know I love you, right girl? As much as I love her, though, I would still appreciate more comments. Kthanks. :) <3