Until the End

Episode.

“Dude, I’m going have muscles as big as Shadows when I’m done!” I exclaimed as I sat on the amp I almost dropped on my foot earlier. Matt and Jason had told me that I should just call Matt Sanders by his stage name while near them or I’ll totally confuse everyone. We had finished setting up so now we were just taking a smoke break.

“Hey, you never know,” Jason laughed. I lifted my right arm and flexed it. Nope, my arm’s just as skinny as it’s always been. I let out a sigh and let my arm drop back onto my lap. I leaned back, my back resting against a support beam on the side of the stage.

“So what do we do now?” I asked, staring upwards. It was a really bright and beautiful afternoon. It was a great day for a concert.

“Nothing really. We can do whatever until show time. At that time we have to chill here. We have to make sure nothing goes wrong. And since no one else has roadies we have to do it for all the bands. Luckily there’s only three so there’s not much work this time around,” Matt explained.

“Wow! If I wouldn’t have come along...” I shook my head at the thought. “That would have been a lot of work!”

“Please,” Jason scoffed, puffing out his chest. “For hot, muscular studs like us? This is a cakewalk.”

“Then I guess you won’t need my help packing up, huh?”

Matt punched his shoulder with a glare. “Shut up Jason. I am not letting your ass lose our helper. I would leave your stupid self to do it alone.”

“Oh come on,” Jason laughed, waving his hand. “I was just kidding. We need as much help as we can get.”

“So why did they only hire us three for this tour?” The twins shrugged in unison.

“Budget,” they replied at the same time. After time we spent together their twin moments really didn’t shock me anymore. It was actually quite normal now. I rolled my eyes at the ‘smart’ plan of management.

“That’s lame,” I said bluntly. They nodded in agreement. Just then I remembered my other job. I stood from the amp and headed behind the drum kit. I sat on the small stool and picked up the drumsticks. With my foot I tapped the two bass drums, hearing they were still in tact. I then played pretty much every drum and symbol, making sure they sounded right. I nodded to myself, placing the sticks in their holder.

“Nu uh. We heard that you, little missy, can play drums,” Jason said in a matter of fact tone. I grinned sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck.

“Maybe just a little bit.”

“Then you better pick up those sticks and actually play us something Hayden,” Matt demanded. I sighed, but picked up the light brown sticks anyways. I began to play the one song I knew with no fail, Unholy Confessions. I soon got lost in the music and drums around me. I was happy Sarah had a double bass drum kit or this would sound nowhere near as good. At the end I was panting a little. I hadn’t played anything that complicated in a while. Clapping tore me out of my trance. As I looked up I saw everyone from the band (plus the Berrys) besides Jimmy.

“That was amazing!” Johnny exclaimed with a humongous grin across his face.

“Haha. Th-thanks,” I panted. I leaned over with sticks in hand, trying to calm my breathing. As I continued to pant the clapping slowly died off.

“Hayden?” It was Zacky I heard call my name worriedly. My eyes narrowed in confusion. Why was my breathing not going back to normal? My head began to swim as a fog of lightheadedness floated into my head. I began to gasp for breath, dropping the stick to hold my throat. As I fell backwards off the stool I heard running feet echoing in my head.

“Hayden!” My vision began to go in and out as everyone huddled over me. I could hear someone screaming about getting a paramedic, but it was all muffled to my ears. Suddenly someone grabbed my head on either side and began to talk to me.

“Hayden, I need you to breathe for me. Come on, you can do it. Just in, out. In, out.” My brain seemed to kick in again, following this person’s instructions. My vision cleared long enough for me to see the brightest pair of blue eyes I had ever seen. Jimmy.

“The ambulance is here,” Thor informed. When did he get here? I was scooped into some very muscular arms. I laughed in my head, knowing it had to be Shadows holding me. Who else would have biceps that felt like a pillow? Suddenly the pounding sound of sirens filled my ears. I felt myself being placed onto a soft surface, a gurney I figured, and many voices talking at once.

“Shut up,” I moaned quietly. No one could hear me over the voices that seemed obnoxiously loud. I heard doors shut and felt the ambulance jolt into movement. I could still faintly hear the muffled sound of the sirens as we headed to, as I had to guess, the San Diego Hospital. It was then I felt a hand hold my own. I forced my eyes open to see a blurry figure dressed in black with dark hair. I smirked, letting my head fall back onto the pillow.

“Hey Jimmy,” I greeted, it coming out as a choked whisper.

“How’d you know?”

“Well, who else do I know that has to bend over in an ambulance?” A deep chuckle filled my ears.

“Touché.”

“Why am I going to a hospital?”

“You kind of just couldn’t breathe. We decided it might be best if we take you to a hospital,” Jimmy said with a very soft sarcasm. I smiled. They were so thoughtful and caring. I wish they wouldn’t worry so much.

“It was just a little episode is all. I shouldn’t be playing such difficult of songs when I haven’t played in a while. But then again, I was never one to want to stick to guidelines,” I joked. Then a sudden thought hit me. “Hey, you weren’t with the guys when I was playing. What made you come?”

“Actually I was there. I was just off on the side of the stage. As soon as you fell I jumped on stage though. I made Johnny run off to call an ambulance and lead them in.”

“Thank-you Jimmy.” He let out a soft laugh.

“There’s nothing to thank for. You’re a friend. I couldn’t just leave you like that,” Jimmy told me like it was the most obvious thing ever.

“Why weren’t you with the guys anyways?” Jimmy stayed silent for a moment. I couldn’t tell with my eyes closed if he was thinking of how to word it or if he just wasn’t going to answer. With my eyes open I probably couldn’t tell either since I bet my vision was still blurry. Either way Jimmy was quiet long enough for the vehicle to stop and a door to open.

“I’ll be waiting for you with the guys in the waiting room.” I nodded as the gurney was pulled out of the ambulance and rolled across pavement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank-you for commenting Yotora and ShelbehRaexD. I have to change classes in a minute so I will proofread later. Please comment<3