Status: comments=updates always<3

Red Snow

Daddy

Somehow, both Luca and I managed to pass all our classes and are moving on to our senior year of high school. It's August now, and we start school in two weeks.

The summer has been wonderful. Luca and I have spent a lot of time with Alex, Amber and Ashleigh. Ashleigh started dating Lisbeth last month, and now she spends time with us as well. I still only speak around Luca, and then only sometimes.

My throat gets sore very quickly, and I'm still so uncomfortable making any sort of noise. That's not to say that Luca didn't get me to be...vocal...at times. But I really didn't mind, ever.

Things had gone down hill today though. The letter from two months ago from the state had notified me that my father would be released within the next four months, and today I had received a letter stating that my father will be released. At the end of this week, on August 19th.

That was on Monday it's the eighteenth now, Friday. At the news, I ran to Luca's house, and I haven't left since. My daddy is coming for me.

Sirens.

Wailing. Screaming like I wish I could.

But I won't. No sound will ever pass my lips again.


"Luca!" I screamed, shaking with wide eyes.

Luca sat up in bed next to me and held me tightly, making comforting sounds and rocking slightly. I wrapped my arms around him and concentrated on the warmth and love radiating from Luca's body. My heartbeat synchronizing with his.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

Daddy got released today. I stayed in bed with Luca and read all day. We talked a little, and then Luca left for about an hour. I was so scared, but his oldest niece brought me cookies and milk and was kind to me, keeping me distracted while we waited for Luca.

When he came back he was holding a small box that had one of those stick-on bows put on top. Aliza jumped off the bed and hurried down the stairs. Luca took her spot next to me and I swallowed the last of my milk.

"I got you something, so that you will feel more secure." he murmured softly while handing me the box.

I took it and opened it carefully. Inside was a switchblade. A very small one, but it definitely still counted.

"It is so that you will be able to defend yourself if I am not there with you." A tear slipped from my eye, but it was a happy tear, and a smile flickered onto my mouth.

As odd as it is to say, this is the sweetest gift that someone has ever gotten me. I set the box down and pressed my lips against my boy friends.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

It's the first day of Luca and I's senior year today. We decided to walk, because there won't be many beautiful days left before it starts to snow.

I had on a sweatshirt, the blade that Luca had bought me nestled in the small second, extra pocket. I think it's supposed to be for a cellphone.

"Everything will be safe leibling." Luca rubbed my hand with his thumb reassuringly as we entered school. I took a deep breath and entered the building.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was very forced:/

comments=updates;)

XO