Status: comments=updates always<3

Red Snow

Bones

Luca slammed daddy's face into the dirt. Daddy growled and tried to struggle away. But Luca was stronger.

He was wearing a tight tank top like usual, and the look in his eyes would make anyone anyone cower in fear. Daddy was insane for trying to take him on. But they still fought.

I curled my legs into my chest, shaking. I watched Luca's muscles flex, legs and arms fly as he tried to get the upper hand.

I watched daddy struggle and scream profanities, watched as he tried to break my Luca. And I watched as Luca tried to break him.

I whimpered and felt the blade graze my side when I saw it not quite miss Luca's. Tears dripping off my chin and sniffed. I can't move.

It feels as if the blood that pumped through my veins had frozen, causing my whole body to solidify. I could barely breath. I could feel my limbs tingling as the cold seeped into them, freezing my bones along with my blood.

A scream ripped through the air and I directed my eyes upward. They were the last part of my body I could move.

I saw Luca struggle on the ground, it looked as if he was hurt. But my Luca was invincible, nothing would ever break him.

Daddy looked like he was about to stab Luca. Cut him to pieces like he did me.

"No!" I scream, the noise ripping at my throat. Turning the flesh raw. Suddenly I could move again. The ice was replaced by fire, coursing and surging through me. I was pushed forward by a force that is not my own. It controls my body.

I feel it flip the knife open, the end of the handle pressing into my palm. I felt my arm swing up. I didn't know what it was planning to do, the thing controlling me. Then I realized.

The thing boiling inside me slashed daddy. He screamed, but it swung the blade again. This time it cut daddy's arm, just above his elbow.

Daddy turned to me again, nose bloody and dry lips pulled back to reveal disgusting teeth.

Suddenly I was Snow again. The fire slipped from my veins and I fell back words, screaming. Fragile as snow. I covered my face with my hands, whimpering.

I felt his blade slip into the thin skin of my arm, blood following after a few shallow breaths. That means it's deep

Then daddy's looming presence above me vanished. I could feel Luca there now. I knew he was going to save me.

I heard-no, felt-the growl gurgle from Luca's throat. I closed my ears as a scream erupted from someone. I whimpered as the ragged breathing and animal sounds continued to assault my ears.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

The police arrive some time later, along with an ambulance. They gave both Luca and I blankets, the kind they give to people with shock. The blanket seemed smaller than it had when I was eight. It's strange how you get bigger.

I huddled into the blanket, but what I really wanted was to be curled, held tightly, in Luca's arms. It's the only place I feel truly safe.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

I was allowed to stay with Luca over night, and to skip school Wednesday. I stayed in Luca's bed all day. That morning I procured one of Luca's shirts and because it was clean and smelled better than my own.

The shirt made me feel slightly more safe, even though I knew it was a rediculus notion. The first day, Luca went and got my favorite foods. I tried to eat some, even though I was much too upset to be hungry.

The second day, Thursday, Luca stayed in bed with me all day. He kept himself curled around my porcelain form, cradling me gently. This was the only way I could sleep.

I could only sleep for about twenty minutes at a time, but at least nestled in Luca's arms my sleep was peaceful.

The third day, Friday, I woke to find myself alone. I listened closely and could hear the fainest of whispers. I recognized the voices of Luca and his sister, Katharina.

They were speaking in German, but I had picked up a surprising amount of the language these past few months. I guess I just had a gift for languages. Which is mildly ironic considering I barely talk.

"Ich weiß nicht sicher, ob das ist eine gute Idee." I'm not sure if that's a good idea. That was Katharina speaking.

"Es ist!" Luca was talking now. Saying that whatever the idea is, he thinks it's a good one

Their conversation drifted out again, words I didn't understand the only ones I could make out.

"Wenn Sie glauben das wird funktionieren, rufen Mutter und sehen, was sie sagt." If you think it will work, mother something and see what she speaks? I think Luca want's something to happen, I can feel that it's something good, feel it bubbling in my core and spreading through my bones.

But what?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey hey, long chapter! Hope you like lovelies!

comments=chapters!;)

XO