Status: In Progress

The Short Life of Calico Flynn

Fresh Blood

|The next night.|

"Calico, get your scrawny ass over here."

"Hey! Don't talk about my ass that way."

Jack snickered and killed his cigarette in an ashtray. For a basement, the place was completely decked out. A massive flat screen TV hung on the wall and expensive furniture was put in just the right places. A mini bar sat in the corner while a pair of frosted glass doors led up to the indoor pool. Long story short, Jack's family was loaded. I wasn't jealous; alright, maybe I was a little jealous, but I didn't let the green monster ram me in the ass or anything like that.

Jack's parents were out of town for the weekend and his many hamster siblings were doing whatever the fuck they wanted. From our station in the basement I could hear devil children screeching and thumping around. In such moments I was thankful for being an only child, even if I had awkward social skills from time to time. I sat next to Jack at the mini bar where Max was fucking around with mixed drinks and our dealer Conrad was sorting out bags of weed.

"Here," Jack said, pushing a small mirror towards me. Little white lines stretched across the mirror face, and I raised an questioning eyebrow.

"Um, Jackie, where the tits did you get this?"

"A friend of a friend of a friend who knows Conrad." He gave me a sloppy smile, the alcohol swimming in his eyes. "It's an early birthday present." Jack really did look like a piece of dog crap. His black hair, which was shaved on the sides and longer on top, was messy and getting too long. Dark circles surrounded his eyes and he had a sore on the corner of his mouth. Talk about fucking ew. I crinkled my nose, leaning slightly away from him.

"You know I don't do that shit."

"COME ON Cal! Jesus! I'm trying to be your best fucking friend here. We are bff's, right?" He pouted his lips, before snickering again. He was definitely drunk and high. I rolled my eyes and attempted to leave the bar, but Jack grabbed my arm with iron fingers.

"Cal, don't be fucking pussy. You just have to do it once; that's all I'm asking man."

Goddamnit. Jack was such a dicknose sometimes. I really didn't want too, but if it got him to shut the shit up, then fine.

Groaning in protest I sat back down and grabbed a small roll. Just as I was about to take the line I glanced up and saw Max, Jack, and Conrad all staring at me. I gave them the finger and proceeded; I was already committed, I couldn't back out like a chicken now. Hopefully now Jack would finally stop pestering me.

When the cocaine went up my nose, a burning sensation ruptured through my sinus. I coughed, my eyes watering slightly as I rubbed my nose on the back of my sleeve. Damn. It was just one line but I could feel it kicking in already. Maybe I should have done this a long ass time ago.

Conrad smiled and patted my shoulder. "Good job buddy. M' proud of yah."

I tried to talk but ended up coughing instead. Max and Jack just laughed at me.

"Don't worry Cal. It get's a hell of a lot funner from here on out. Finish those lines and we'll ride with Conrad to Zoo's house."

My conscious was beginning to drift as the drugs laced into my bloodstream. An itch in the back of my mind kept scolding me.

What would she think if she saw you now?

Sophie...