A Mess to Be Made

Love To Love

I stepped out of my new, silver Envoy, and was immediately engulfed in a hot wind from the surrounding desert causing my dull pink shirt to flutter in the wind. I leaned back into the car, savoring the remnants of the air conditioning, and pulled my purse from the passenger seat, before slamming the door and setting the alarm.

I walked up the short walk to the all too familiar house, and waited impatiently on the front stoop after ringing the doorbell. I finally saw a blurred figure through the glass window on the door, and smiled when Brian’s mom pulled open the door.

“Sadie! What a pleasant surprise!” she said ushering me inside and pulling me into a hug, “Brian said you wouldn’t be here until tomorrow!”

“I decided to surprise him by coming a day early,” I said following her into the kitchen, “I actually drove, because I’m moving down here this summer. I won’t be going back to Colorado.”

“Does he know this,” she said earning a head shake from me, “He’s going to be so happy, Sadie! All he does, when he’s home that is, is talk about how much he misses you and needs you. Do you already have a place?”

“I can’t wait to be close to him again, just like in the beginning,” I said with a shy smile, “And I found a two bedroom condo about 20 minutes from here in Tempe, my cousin is more than likely moving down here in the next few weeks.”

We continued to talk and catch up, sipping the iced tea she had poured for us, and I couldn’t keep the small smile off of my face. We were talking aimlessly about interior design, and what I planned to do with my apartment, when Brian’s little brother, Travis came in and told his mom it was time for his baseball practice.

“Oh crap, I almost forgot,” she said standing up and placing her empty cup in the sink, “Brian should be home soon, Sadie. You can make yourself at home, and I’ll see you soon.”

“Bye, Judy, thanks for everything,” I said giving her a quick hug before she disappeared into the garage.

I heard the door close, and I stood up, placing my empty cup in the sink next to hers. I pulled my ash purple sunglasses off of my head, and tossed them into my purse as I picked it up and headed towards the stairs. My gladiators slapped against the tiled floor, and were muffled by the plush carpeted stairs. I headed left once I reached the top of the stairs, and could see directly into Brian’s clean room.

His white walls had a few movie posters on them, as well as a Bruce Springsteen poster near his desk, and were topped off by his dark wooden furniture. I tossed my bag onto his swivel chair, and walked over to the bed, flopping down on it. I pulled a brushed silver frame from his nightstand, and smiled at the picture inside of it.

The pair of us was standing against a brick building with an old, cracked, advertisement painted onto it, and were smiling brightly at the camera. We looked a lot younger, considering it was taken by John on the first tour I went on with them, and had our arms around each other’s waists. I was surprised he still had it, considering our not too wonderful break, and smiled, rolling over onto my stomach to take in the smell of his pillows. The familiar scent of laundry detergent and cologne flew into my nostrils, causing me to smile before pulling out my phone.

I updated my twitter, saying I missed the smells that were currently surrounding me, and it didn’t take long from a slew of replies to shoot at me, even one from Brian saying me missed the smell of my shampoo. I laughed, a small smirk playing on my lips, replying that I missed him as well and couldn’t wait to see him. I dropped the phone against the striped pillowcase, and closed my eyes, feeling the jetlag finally hitting me.

I wasn’t sure how long I had been napping, but once I heard the dog start barking out of excitement, I knew someone was home. I sat up, pulling my shirt down since it had ridden up, and pulled my legs under me. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and could feel the pit of excitement growing in my stomach.

When Brian finally stood on the landing and could see me on his bed, he basically sprinted into the room. I let out a squeal of excitement, and surprise, when he tackled me onto the bed, and pressed his lips to mine. I eagerly kissed back, wrapping my arms securely around his neck, and couldn’t help smiling into the kiss.

“You said you got in tomorrow!” he said finally breaking the kiss.

“Surprise!” I said still smiling, “I drove out, because not everything would fit into one suitcase.”

“Did you bring your whole room?” he asked jokingly with a laugh in his voice.

“I actually did,” I said with a shrug, “It would be pointless to leave it in Colorado if I was moving back here.”

“Wait, what?” he said looking confused and excited at the same time.

“I’m moving back! Surprise again!” I said laughing as he hugged me even tighter, “And, since I have a new place, I think we need to break it in tonight. Wouldn’t you say so?”

“I’ll at least buy you some drinks and dinner first,” he said with a wink before pressing his lips to mine again.

I snuggled into him once we broke apart, and the two of us just laid together in silence for what seemed like forever. His calloused fingers were tracing the lines of my tattoo on my exposed hip, and I was absent mindedly twirling one of his curls in my fingers.

“I love you, B,” I said nuzzling into his neck.

“I love you too, Sades,” he said kissing the top of my head, “Wanna head to Green? I’m starving.”

“Sounds lovely,” I said pushing myself up from the bed and slipping my phone into my back pocket.

=======

“Whelp, this is home sweet home for me now,” I told Brian as I unlocked the door leading into my new condo.

“It’s so you,” he said causing me to smile, “And it will be even more so you once you get all of your stuff in here.”

“I actually have to buy all new furniture,” I said twisting my face, “But oh well; I do have a sweet Jacuzzi tub, wanna see?”

I bit my lip innocently and lightly touched his arm before gripping his wrist and pulling him towards my room. I let go of his wrist once we crossed the threshold, and started peeling my shirt off, tossing it carelessly on the floor. I went to start on the button of my jeans, but only felt the cool metal on my fingertips for a second before Brian had turned me around, and pushed his lips onto mine. I pressed myself closely against him, threading my fingers through his hair, and pulled him in the general direction of my bed. My legs hit the back of the bed, and hit gently guided me down, pulling me up to the top once we were both down.

I pulled his gray shirt over his head, and threw it while he worked my shorts down my legs. His jeans came off easily, closely followed by my bra, and it was less than a minute for us to be completely naked and pressed together.

“I’m so glad you’re back,” he said as we lay next to each other catching our breath.

“I’m so glad to be back,” I said cuddling into his side, “I love you.”

“And I love you,” he said nuzzling his face into my hair, “Let’s stay like this forever.”

I nodded into his chest, a serene smile on my face, and fell asleep to his fingers tracing up and down my back slowly.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took 100 years you guys.
I've been mourning the end of hp.
the midnight premiere was the best moment of my life, i couldn't stop crying.