A Mess to Be Made

Shots

I walked into the extremely large house, and nearly dropped my jaw when I saw the decorations. There were streamers, balloons, and even a custom banner announcing my birthday. I turned around to face Miranda, and grabbed her in a hug, squealing in delight.

“This is perfect, thank you!” I told her, letting her go, “Now, whose house is this again.”

“My favorite uncles,” she said smiling, “He’s out of town this weekend and ‘accidentally’ left his huge walk in freezer, that’s full of booze, unlocked. He just said we had to keep his precious garage locked.”

“He just became my favorite uncle too,” I said with a laugh, “Now, let’s get the cupcakes on the platters, and make sure everything for the performance is set tonight.”

She just nodded, and we went back to her car, grabbing the six huge boxes of cupcakes that we had slaved over for the past few days. Thankfully, her uncle and aunt loved hosting parties, so there were ample amounts of trays and tiers for the cupcakes to be set on.

We put them out on the dining room table, along with the other random snacks we had picked up, and moved out to the backyard to check on the stage that had been set up for the guys and Jess. Thankfully, Miranda and I had both helped tech for them at one point, so we plugged all of their amps, monitors and mics in, leaving only the tuning and drum checking to Jess and Cameron.

“You down to pregame a little, and watch some Ghost Adventures?” I asked Miranda once everything was in order.

“I can’t say no to alcohol,” she said smirking, “I’ll go get some Jack, and you get Netflix up and running.”

I fake saluted her, causing her to roll her eyes, and we walked back into the mansion, going our separate ways. The living room had a huge sectional in it, with the biggest TV I had seen in a house, and I grabbed the remote, glad there was a function that said ‘netflix’. I turned it on, scrolling through the instant queue until I found GA, and waited to press play until Miranda appeared. She emerged from what I now knew as the basement door, and passed me an ice cold bottle of Captain Morgan, holding a bottle of Jack for herself.

“Here’s to having one of the best years of my life,” I said knocking my bottle against hers.

“Cheers to that,” she said taking a drink of her bottle, “Now let’s freak ourselves out, but enjoy it.”

======

Miranda and I, both slightly buzzed, were currently upstairs in a bathroom getting ready for the party. I had on a strapless, red bikini, jean shorts, and a new black, fringed crop top, while Miranda wore a deep green bikini under jean shorts and a yellow swing tank. I was in the middle of straightening my hair, half of it pulled up on top of my head, when the doorbell rang, signaling the arrival of the band. Miranda was farther behind in getting ready, so I sped out of the bathroom, down the stairs, and nearly tripped down the stairs over my shoes.

“Did you just fall down the stairs?” Jess asked, as I opened the door.

“No, I just tripped over my shoes,” I said ushering the band, as well as Cameron, inside, “Everything is hooked up out back, you just need to set up your kit, and Cam needs to tune guitars.”

“We’ll go make sure it’s all set up, and then we’ll come help bring everything upstairs,” Josh said, earning nods from everyone.

I pointed them in the direction of the back yard, and they all headed that way, minus Brian. He waited til their backs were turned, and pulled me into his arms, giving me a kiss. I smiled into the kiss, and kept smiling as he pulled away and told me another Happy Birthday.

“Don’t kill me for saying this, but your hair is quite a mess,” Brian said, making me giggle.

“I know, I’m not quite done with it,” I said shaking my head, “I’ll be done in, like, 10 minutes. Then I’ll come down, and you can help me carry up the drinks?”

He just nodded, telling me he was going to go warm up a little, and I kissed his cheek, bolting back upstairs. Miranda was now almost done with her hair, and was spraying it with hairspray to make it stay. I grabbed my straightener, and took the rest of my hair out of the scrunchie, so I could finish it. I finished, teasing my hair in the back a little, and unplugged everything. We put all of our important items in a closet in her uncles room before going down to finish setting up.

======

I stood excitedly in front of the ‘stage’ with Miranda, and we pretended to fangirl when the band got on stage. I raised my cup, mostly filled with Jack, and screamed with Miranda, as Brian grabbed his mic.

“First, happy birthday to the gorgeous Sadie Yeager!” He said, earning some claps, making me blush, “We’re The Summer Set, and this first song is called The Boys You Do. I want to see all of you dancing.”

“This one goes out to Audra, if she found a way to sneak in,” Josh yelled, causing me to crack up, and prompted Jess to start the song.

Miranda and I instantly sang along, our voices insanely off pitch, and had drained our drinks by the time the song was over. They played a few more songs, ending with Love Like This, before pulling me onto the stage so the party could sing me Happy Birthday. My cheeks were beet red, a mixture of embarrassment and the alcohol I had consumed, and I thanked them, before jumping off the stage and pulling Miranda to get a new drink.

“Can we go get some tequila from downstairs?” Miranda asked, a slur now present in her voice.

“Get out of my head,” I said with a giggle, “You lead the way. We have to keep it to ourselves though, that way the others can’t steal it.”

She nodded, the two of us looking around suspiciously, and sprinted to the basement door, earning odd looks from party goers. We just smiled innocently, and quickly opened the door to head downstairs, before locking it behind us. We continued running, and before I could even blink, Miranda and I were laying at the bottom of the stairs in a pile, laughing extremely hard. When we finally pulled ourselves together, we got up, and started on our search for tequila.

“Here’s to the best birthday of my life,” I said holding up my shot glass, spilling a little on my hand.

“Cheers!” she said meeting my cup, and causing more of the clear liquid to fall onto our hands, “Just two more each, and we’ll return to the party upstairs. Deal?”

“Deal!” I said eagerly pouring the next round of shots, and quickly downing them with even making a toast.

We put the shot glasses into the wet bars sink, vowing to wash them during clean up tomorrow, and I kept the bottle in my hand, before flouncing up the stairs, and bursting through the door and scaring the people standing near it. We continued our journey to the kitchen, and were both immediately grabbed into hugs by our boyfriends. I squealed, not expecting to lose my footing, and nearly dropped the bottle I was holding.

“Where did you guys go? We’ve been looking for you,” Brian said putting me down.

“The secret land of tequila,” Miranda giggled mischievously, “But fear not, we brought you some treasure back.”

“Liquid gold!” I said shoving the bottle into Brian’s chest, “Now drink up, and get on our level. I want to play a game of chicken, and I know Miranda does now too, and we need drunk partners.”

“As you wish, birthday girl,” John said, taking the bottle from Brian, and pouring the pair of them three shots each, “Miranda, make Brian and I one of your famous full cup shots, and it won’t take us long to get on your level.”

Miranda nodded, eagerly going on the hunt for her ingredients, while I aimlessly told the boys the story of us falling down the stairs, and how magical her uncles liquor stash was. Miranda returned, the cups almost overflowing, and shoved them into the boys hands, insisting that they chugged so it went down easier.

“Now that that’s done, I have to pee, someone accompany me,” I said putting my hands on my hips, hoping someone volunteered, “Really? No one? Fine, Miranda, you’re joining me. Boys, meet us out by the pool, and make sure the pool is ready for our game of chicken.”

They nodded, turning towards the backdoor, and Miranda and I headed to the upstairs bathroom. I peed quickly, finding Miranda already in her bikini and staring out her uncles window. She turned to me, a hint of evil in her eyes, and told me to ditch my shirt and shorts before telling me the plan.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” I asked Miranda, peering over the lip of the roof.

“I’ve done it before,” she said waving her hand aimlessly, “Plus, the pool is empty, so we won’t hit anyone.”

“If I die, I’m haunting you,” I said looking her seriously, “I guess it’s now or never.”

She grinned, grabbing my hand, and counted down from three, before the two of us ran forward and launched ourselves off the roof. I heard her distinct voice yell “I can fly”, and before I knew it we were submerged in the cold water. I came up quickly, gasping for breath, and hugged Miranda as she came up, telling her that we needed to do it again, but was quickly told it was a bad idea by John and Brian.

The rest of the night passed in a blur of drinking, swimming, and eventually cupcakes being shoved into my face. By the time dawn was near, I was curled up in a guest bed next to Brian with a smile on my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY THAT IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE. OMG. LIFE GOT CRAZY AND I ALMOST ENDED THIS STORY :(
BUT I'M BACK NOW! AND I HAVE ANOTHER IDEA FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER THAT I'M TRYING TO CRANK OUT :)