Hopeless Dreamer

Reality?,

Jonnys eyes snapped open like a bullet. She could feel the light weight of the blanket on top of her, and a light sheen of sweat glazed on her forehead. She sighed in relief. Just a dream, she thought. But it was just so real.

When she sniffed, examining the air, there was no trace of blood in the air, but instead, was the familiar smell of pancakes. The smell of her childhood. She raised the baby blue blankets off of her body, and felt her small, delicate feet touch the cold hardwood floor.

She hadn't smelt the scent of cinnamon pancakes since her mother left. Maybe her father had finally got a day off to look after her.

The only sound was her feet, softly padding down the hall towards the kitchen and dining room. She rounded a corner and found herself in the presence of her mother. The woman that abandoned her at the age of twelve, when she needed her the most. When she was sick. Her mother was humming a calming tune, the one she had sung to me when I was young, A whole new world. From Aladdin. She was tending to the pancakes, flipping them as if she had done it a million times before.

I gripped the bench, feeling my legs start to wobble.

"M-mum?" I stuttered, my voice floating across the space between me and her. I saw that spatula fall to the side, it seemed to go in slow motion, as it glided towards the tiled floor, and connected with a loud clank. She turned slowly, as if she didn't know what to expect. Her mothers dark eyes scanned Jonny, assessing her, somehow. When her eyes finally made it to Jonny's, they were filled with joy, but somehow, not for a good reason.

"Hello honey" A tight smile was painted across her mothers face. Jonny felt panicked. And she didn't know why.

"Why a-are you here?" Jonny asked suspiciously. Why would her mother come back after four years of no communication. And it wasn't exactly like they needed her, things were fine without her. Her mothers eyes held a glint when she heard this.

"I came to see you silly! And also to... take care of some..." She pondered for a second, "unfinished business" her eyes flicked towards the lounge, for just a second, but enough for Jonny to be able to see. Jonny unconsciously stepped into the lounge, feeling her feet sink into the soft carpet. Her eyes scanned the room, and when her eyes caught the sight in front of her, she wished that she had never layed eyes upon it.

The body of her father was lying carelessly on the now stained red carpet. The edges of the stain was dark brown. The face terrified Jonny. His eyes were deep blue, like hers. And were full of fear. His nose had been twisted to the side, and his mouth. His mouth. Sewn shut.

Her body was telling her to run, to cry to hold her father, to just god damned move. But she was frozen, she couldn't feel the soft breeze from the open window, or hear the faint ticking of the grandfather clock. All her ears heard was silence. Cold, painful silence. No breathing from her father, and no crying from her. It felt as if the silence was shattered, when a demonic voice said,

"You next?" the voice sent shiver down her body, which was now covered in goosebumps. Jonny turned quickly, feeling her body groan in protest, as if she hadn't moved in years. When she saw the face in front of her, her heart stopped. Her mother smiled a terrible smirk, her eyes so full of cruelty, so full of hate. Her mother slowly circled around her, a predator examining her prey.

"So, are you next?" her warm breath brushing against Jonnys neck, causing her to flinch. Her mother stopped in front of her, slightly smiling.

"I'll take that as a yes"

Next thing she knew, all Jonny could feel was the cold metal knife plunging into her flesh. All she could hear was evil, menacing laughter. The hot, burning pain sending her into the cool, welcoming arms of the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
It may be starting off slowly, put it'll pick up soon, I pinky promise :)

Anila♥