Status: Ongoing

The way life is

Tammie

How is it possible to feel so alone, when you’re surrounded by people? Let alone, people you love. People you care for. People you practically grew up with. I lift my head up, and look around me. Friends laughing, their faces seem to glow under the low light. But can a smile really define a person? Just because one smiles, does it mean they’re happy?

No. Absolutely not.


“Tammie, look at this!” I felt a cluster of bodies hover over me, a piece of paper falling onto my lap. From the looks of it, it seemed as if it were sent through some sort of pen hurricane and came out...Well, a mess. “What is it?” I nervously ask as I pick it up and start to examine it.

“It’s a list of things we are going to do before we graduate high school.” Reina happily states as she softly brushes her finger over the paper, pointing at each while reading out loud, “Picnicking, flying kites, hiking, back packing in Europe...”

I give off a faint laugh as I continued to scan over the list that seemed to go on forever, “Why does it seem like all of these have to do with some sort of... physical effort? Have you forgotten we are the laziest group of friends to ever walk this planet?”

A hand shot up. I stared over to Raymond who glared over to Reina, “I suggested clubbing, beer pong, getting high, sneaking out, threesomes and much more but Ms. Outdoors here isn’t up to my kind of fun.” He turned to me with a giant 'creeper' smile, “You’re up for it though... Right, Tam Tam?”

Before I could say what I had to, another hand had shot up, beating me, “Okay we are not doing any of those things Ray.” I looked up to see Zaine who was sending Ray a glare, “There’s no need to defile these girls.” My hero.

“Um... There is much need to defile these girls.” Raymond says as he leans back against my ‘well decorated’ wall, “It’ll be an amazing feeling, I swear."

“No Raymond. Some people actually want to keep their girlfriends slightly pure.” John fights as he happily hugs Reina from behind and whispers something softly in her ear, something that was inaudible to the rest of us. Not that we wanted to hear those two when they were in their own little ‘love’ world.

“Get a room you two.” Derrick grumbles as he throws a crumpled paper at the two.

John grabbed the crumbled paper and playfully shoved it in Derrick’s face and laughed, “Fuck off man.”

Before their fight could get any worse, the door slammed opened. I watched everyones faces turn and stare at the thin figure that stood before us. “Laura!” I watched as everyone cheered and ran over to Laura and the mass of junk food caressed in her arms.

Laura grumbled as she slyly moved passed everyone and threw the calorie filled goods onto my bed, “Why did I have to go to the store just to buy all that shit?"

“Because,” Derrick said as he picked up a bag of hot cheetos and opened them, taking a whiff of the spicy goodness and stated matter-of-factly, “We all must take turns with the snack runs and it was your turn… plus you have a car which makes it a hell lot faster.”

A chorus of laughter rang through my ears as I watched as everyone fight over the food like piranhas or tigers. And there I sat, staring at all the fattening goods.

Hesitant.

I've always hated how everyone was able to just consume what ever they felt like and not care about the pounds that come after. The smell of the chips and chocolate taunted me, screaming for me to eat them. But then there was an even louder voice. A voice coming from the inside,

'Don't do it. Think about the weight. Who cares if you're hungry? Sacrifice for beauty, right?

Slowly, I started to feel my head become buzzed. "Are you okay?" I looked up to see Zaine, his eyes locked on mine. Worry, reading in them.

I did my best to smile, "Of course I am, just a bit tired... that's all."

He gave off a soft sigh and whispered, "Stop lying."

My mouth open, as if I were to oppose his statement but I heard something. A thud. A thud coming from downstairs. I raced towards the window and peered out to see a black Nissan parked there. "Fucking shit."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my second time posting this. Subject to change? I'd love to hear what people have to say about it. c: