A Visit from an Angel

the strangest things...

After my visit with the folks at the happy home, i got sent back home. However, home was just another way of saying Hell. I sat and waited for what was to come, which i thought was going to be something good, but it wasnt. My girlfriend, who i thought would stay by my side, turned out to be a bitch. She left me floundering in a current that just sucked. The thing that made it worse wasnt the fact that she broke up with me, it was how she did it.

"Im sorry, Michael" she said, and put her hand on my cheek, "ive got my reputation to uphold, and i need to focus."

Yeah... Needless to say, that pissed me off. As soon as i got back to school though, it seemed to all be so much better. There was a new girl that looked like the angel of my dreams. First bad sign ignored right there. Second bad sign, she came up to me on my first day back and wanted to know what the scars were from. I told her about my breakdown and she took my wrists in her hands and brushed her silky hands over them and muttered something. I tried to focus on what she was saying, but couldnt. Next thing I know, shes gone and the scars on my wrists are barely noticeable and i have this name echoing in the back of my head, Marie. So, maybe not exactly what I remember from the dream, but still. As it turned out, she was in most of my classes, which gave me time to let my eyes wander over her and think about whether i should approach her or not.

"Stop stalling you pussy," I yelled in my head, "it doesnt hurt just to talk."

Thats when she looked up at me with the smallest smile. Even though it was small, it spoke volumes, and the next thing i know, i hear this wholly surreal voice coming from the back of my head.

"Meet me in the courtyard at lunch and ill explain a little."

As i heard this, i shuddered and tried to sit still, but it felt like someone was rubbing me all over with ice. I looked back at Marie, and she tapped her temple with a knuckle gently and winked.

I dreaded lunch with everything that i had. Knowing what she could do, that was one of the hardest things to deal with.