Status: Hiatus

Tattoo

008

“It will sting when you shower, so don’t rub it too hard .” Alex assured me, patting my arm and smiling. I managed a weak one back, because I was having a fucking party in my head.

Finally, after all these years, I was pretty. Well part of me, but who gives a fuck? I have a god-damn tattoo, and it’s all mine and fuck it’s so pretty.

“You were shaking like a girl.” Laughed Ashley, perched on the end of Alexs' chair and flickering through one of their many dark paged magazines. Alex laughed too, but I couldn’t bring myself to go quite that far, so I kept the weak smile up.

I didn’t find it that funny, anyway.

“Got anything else to do today kid?” I shook my head and pulled my eyes around the store, happy to be alive for once.


We are the children of the night,
We are the children,
We are the children of the night,
We are the children!


“Just hang around here, there’s one or two other people with appointments today, should be funny...” Alex said, with a grin. Ashley swore under his breath and stood up.

“I got to clean that fucking room up, come on you two, I’m not doing all of it.” Alex got to his feet with a sarcastic sigh and followed Ashley into the parlour. Slowly, I trailed along behind, wondering what they wanted me for.

“Jasper, take these needles out to the storeroom? There’s a big green bin box thingy...” Alex hesitated “I think it says bin, I don’t know, Ashley...?”

“Yes it says bin.”

“Yeah, put these needles in there and don’t get lost.” I nodded and took the paper towel bag from Alex.

“Wouldn’t be surprised, ‘a big green bin box thingy’ really Alex-” I left the room, not hearing the rest of Ashley’s sarcasm coated words

Hey miss murder can I?
Hey miss murder can I?
Make beauty stay if I,
Take my life


I slipped into the backroom, my eyes landing instantly on the desk I had seen last time, with a tape measure placed on its surface. I took the bag over to the green bin, assuring myself that Ben was joking when he said I would get lost.

Oh my god I had a tattoo.

Biting my lip, I trailed over to the mirror besides the desk, and pulled up my t-shirt, revealing the ink etched into my skin. A smile pulled at my lips, a tattoo .

I wanted to run my fingers over it, but I knew I should leave it, not touch it for a while. I was happy enough to even have it, god it felt great.

Ink. I need more of it, everywhere . So I can be pretty.

“You alright kid?” I jumped, feeling my heart race up. My eyes flicked away from the mirror and to the doorway, where Alex stood, his lips twisted in an odd way. I nodded to his question and pushed my shirt down, hoping he hadn’t seen my skin.

A sore sight for pretty eyes.

“Those bullies still...?” he trailed off, raking his eyes down my body. Why was I so disgusting?

“I’m not bullied, Alex.” His eyes snapped up to mine, something flashing in them.

“I...they-I” I stumbled over my words, confused why I would want to explain anyway. My hand shot up to my forehead, rubbing a small pattern into it as I cast my gaze to the ground.

Such an idiot.

“You mean... then why...”

“I have to go, I think.” I murmured, biting my lip. All I wanted was to get home and be alone in my room, with my tattoo and knife.

He didn’t move, just stared. With a final attempt of talking, I slipped around him, trying not to touch his skin with mine, and left the room.

He must think I’m disgusting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this sucks, writers block for this story.