Status: Finished.

In Memoriam

1/1

She is gone. She is gone, and I am not.
She was younger than me.

I didn't know her. All I've seen is that picture, that bio, that grave.

And her father, he stands up proud and says 'She was born on a tragedy, and she died on a tragedy.
Such a legacy...

She makes me cry. Cry, and hurt, and anger. Her life should not be over. The other five, their lives should not be over.

They shouldn't just be faded pictures on news reels flickering in the candlelight of vigils. They shouldn't just be memories. They shouldn't just be daggers, stabbing at me when I see them.
I didn't know her, didn't know them...and it still stabs deep.
What is it like, for those who knew them?

They're gone. They're gone, and they're never coming back. I don't have to know them to mourn that simple fact.

He is not gone. He is shaved bald and he is smiling and I hate him.
I don't understand why he did it, I can't understand why he did it, and it haunts me and it scares me.

There are six new bodies in the ground in Tucson, Arizona...
♠ ♠ ♠
This is meant to be written simply. It's a simple tribute -my tribute- to the people who's lives were taken from them on Janurary 8th, 2011.