Riley Jones

Chapter One

After finally packing up all my belonging that I had accumulated in the last four years, I sighed and sat on the plush carpet. There was no furniture left in the small room. The bed had already been sent back to my parent’s house. I was going to stay there for a few months before I got my money from the bank and settled down. I planned on finding a job, getting a nice house, and hey, maybe even find a nice girl. Laughing at my unrealistic thoughts, I pulled a loose string from the carpet before tossing it back down.

I heaved up from the floor and brushed the back of my pants off. Dust and other various unknown particles flew off. Eew. When was the last time I cleaned this room? Well, it didn’t matter now anyway, I was about to leave. I looked back down and saw a huge stain where the my bed once was. I smiled.

That was a fun party and wild night.

But at last, those days were behind me. College had treated me very well and I would miss the place. But I new the world had bigger and better things for me planned, I just had yet to find them.

Bending down slightly, I grabbed my suitcase handle and hitched it up. The only thing in there was clothes, the rest had already been shipped off to my parents. I walked up to my apartment door and grabbed the handle with my free hand. I took one last look around. Memories flooded me in a rush. I shook my head and opened the door. I walked down the short hallway and down the stairs. I returned my keys and quickly walked outside. Just as I was about to climb into my car, I saw a familiar face run up to me.

“Dude, Clint, come on! You can’t just leave like this!” William Denley said in a rush. His bangs stuck to his red face. It was obvious that he had ran half a mile just to make some dramatic scene to beg me to stay.

“I’m sorry Will, but I’ve already told you this over and over. I’m leaving today.”

He was obviously flustered at his actions and my unaffectionate mood. “At least come to the party tonight. Please Clint. I’ve told you about it before graduation.”

I frowned. What he said was true. Plus Will was my best friend all during college and I felt like I owed him something. “Fine,” I muttered. “I’ll go to your stupid little party.”

“So will you and the rest of the school! You remember that hot blonde you always talked about?” He asked with a hint of mischievous in his glossy green eyes. I nodded my head. “Well, she just got a boob job and I’ve heard that she’s hotter than before. And I think she’s got her eye on you.”

I felt my face redden. “Awesome.”

“Hell yeah!”

Will high-fived me.

I just hope I wouldn’t regret anything from this party tonight.