My Brother's Best Friend

One

A faint smile graced Andrea's lips as the plane landed in California. Her brother Brian was going to be there to pick her up and honestly, she missed him a lot and of course she missed the guys.She chewed on her short black fingernails out of nervousness as people started exiting the plane. She slung her purse over her shoulder and stepped out into the aisle, making her way to the door. The bright California sun hit her face causing her to squint her eyes. She didn't care though, she was just happy to be home.

When she got inside, her eyes scanned for her brother and she quickly found him. A huge smile found it's way onto her face and she took off at a run towards him not caring who watched.

"Brian!" She threw her arms around him and he laughed hugging her tightly. Brian had missed his sister. The house was quiet without her. He sat her down and poked her nose causing her to giggle.

"Let's get your suitcase." They walked over to the luggage belt and Andrea quickly found her suitcase. He threw his arm around his little sister and smiled down at her.

"And we are homeward bound!" He yelled and began dragging her through the airport. She laughed trying to keep up with his pace.

"Bri, stop my legs are too short!" She exclaimed and he finally stopped by his car. Brian shook his head with a smile and got into the drivers side. Andrea put her suitcase in the backseat and got in the passenger seat. Tossing her purse on the floorboard she sighed. It was really good to be home.

After twenty minutes of driving, they were finally pulling into the driveway. She smiled looking up at the two story house and shoved the car door open. She bolted to the front door and opened it as hard as she could.

"I'm home!" She called out and suddenly she heard loud thundering footsteps race down the stairs.

"Oh no." She said to herself as the guys came into view. Jimmy rushed towards her and scooped her up into a bone crushing hug.

"Teddy bear, I missed you!" He yelled finally setting her down. She rubbed her ribs and smiled at her all too familiar nickname. One by one the guys hugged her until it came down to Matt who's eyes looked like they were about ready to pop out of his head. There was no doubt that in the three months she was gone, she had changed a lot.

"Wow Andrea, you look amazing." He said with a sigh and wrapped his arms around her tiny frame. Andrea blushed and hugged him tight. This was the hug she was going to cherish for as long as she lived. She and Matt had always been extremely close and there was no denying that she had feelings for him but he was off limits. One because it was her brother's best friend and two, he had a girlfriend. The queen bitch of Huntington High School.

Matt finally let go of her just as her parents came downstairs.

"Daddy, I missed you!" She hugged her father tightly and he laughed kissing the top of her head. Suzy, her mother, came up and took her from her dad.

"Avete divertimento?" *Did you have fun?* Suzy asked in Italian, testing her daughters language skills. Andrea laughed and nodded.

"Sì, ho fatto!" *Yes, I did!* She said with a grin.

"It was awesome! Me and Aly went to the Trevi Fountain we even tossed three coins in for true love but I know that will never happen. Oh, and we went shopping! Let me tell you mom, name brand clothes there are not cheap! But being the smart girl I am, I only bought what was on sale." Andrea rambled on causing everyone to laugh and group hug her. They had missed her more than they could ever explain.

"Well, I'm glad you had a good time sweetie. Now if you'll excuse us, me and your father were in the middle of something." Suzy said kissing her daughters cheek.

"Oh mamma, non ho bisogno di sapere che!" *Oh, mom i didn't need to know that!* Andrea shouted, her Italian rolling off of her tongue perfectly. Her mom laughed and shook her head.

"No, Andrea Nicole, not that." And with that her parents went upstairs. Brian walked up to his sister with her suitcase in his hand.

"Go get yourself dolled up, we're going out in an hour." He said with a smirk. Andrea furrowed her eyebrows and smiled taking her suitcase from her brother. She went up to her room and started getting ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? :)