My Brother's Best Friend

Six

Matt sat in his English class and stared at Andrea as she wrote down the notes from the board. He shook his head with a smile. He loved how she tried so hard to seem interested in class but he knew the truth. She couldn't stand it. He knew that she would much rather be out running around and doing what any normal teenager would do.

The vibration from his phone broke his stare from the girl just diagonally in front of him. He grabbed his phone and silently read the text. He grimaced when he noticed it was from Val.

U wanna meet up aftr school?

She asked and he typed back his reply.

Cant. goin 2 Brian's sry.

Was he really sorry? No, he was getting another opportunity to see Andrea and actually talk to her. Why would he hang out with Val when he had his best friend's sister? He in fact had band practice at Brian's but he wouldn't dare tell his girlfriend that. Not when she had a chance to show up there and ruin everything.

Matt never understood why Val hated Andrea so much. He thought of the possibility that Val maybe envied Brian's little sister but that wasn't possible. Val had everything she ever wanted. Val was just a bitch and loved making people's lives miserable. That was what she did.

"Mister Sanders, do you intend to pay attention or should I send you to ISSP?" The English teacher demanded snapping Matt out of his thoughts. He apologized to the lady and started writing his own notes again. He saw Andrea staring at him with a smile out of his peripheral vision and couldn't help but smirk to himself.

If there was even a small chance that she had feelings for him too, he would do a little happy dance in a easter bunny suit in front of the whole school. He finally looked up to meet Andrea's stare and wondered why he even decided to go out with Val in the first place. The only thing he could think of was he was looking for some 'tail' and she would very gladly give it up. Not just for him but for anything with a dick. The thought made him angry and he had to look away before it showed on his face.

The bell rang and the whole class practically flew out the door. Andrea waited for him though as he sluggishly grabbed his notebooks.

"Are you okay? You seemed a little spacey." She asked softly as they walked down the halls side by side.

"Yeah, just thinking." He paused. If he was going to do it, now was as good a time as any.

"Andrea, do you want to go out to dinner with me sometime?" He asked calmly...on the outside. Inside he was nervous as hell. Andrea looked shocked but smiled to recover.

"Matt, as much as I would love to I can't. You're with Val and my rule is, no matter how much I hate her I will not be the reason for a break up." She said with an apologetic tone behind her voice. Matt felt horrible. He had completely forgotten that he had a girlfriend, as horrible as that sounds. He can't help it though, not with a beautiful distraction in front of him. He smiled though feeling slightly better knowing that she would have wanted to go had he not had a girlfriend.

They continued to walk down the hallway together until they stopped at Andrea's locker.

"You know, I think I'm going to start calling you Nick or Nicky now." Matt said and she looked at him weird.

"What was that about?" She giggled as she opened the locker door. She put her books in and shut it putting the lock back on. Matt shrugged and grinned down at her.

"Just a random thought, but seriously I am." She shook her head with a genuine smile on her face. She heard a female voice behind Matt and her smile immediately dropped. Of course Val would turn up now. She always does. Val glared hard when she saw Andrea beside Matt. He didn't know what to say or do. It wasn't like they were doing anything wrong but you try telling that to a bitch.

"You know, you seem to show up a lot in Matt's life." Val hissed at Andrea who raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe because I am in his life dumbass. And you don't have any room to talk. It's like you got him on a fucking radar, a little advice, no one likes a clingy girlfriend." Andrea said sharply and Val rolled her eyes flipping her pin straight hair over her shoulder.

"You just need to stay away from Matt, alright? It's what everybody wants." That was it for Andrea.

"You spoiled, self centered, narsosistic bitch!" She spat and Val swung, her fist catching Andrea's lip. Before Matt even had time to think, both girls were on the floor punching, kicking, clawing, and screaming. Students gathered around to watch and Matt began to wonder why no teachers had come to break it up. Brian and the guys showed up and were practically cheering Andrea on. Brian and Matt had to actually get involved and pull both girls away from her. Brian had Andrea and Matt had Val. They still tried to get at each other though.

"MATT DOESN'T DESERVE YOUR ASS! ALL YOU DO IS CHEAT ON HIM!" Andrea yelled and everyone got silent. Val looked up nervously at Matt and then back at Andrea.

"Just stay out of everyone's life, bitch!" She fired back but Andrea being at the top of her game put Val in her place.

"Don't tell me what to do. You bounced in here and envaded everyone else's life. I think you need to walk yourself in the other direction and just stay away from me, my brother and my friends." Everyone cheered for Andrea but it was cut short due to the principle walking up.

"Haner, DiBenedetto, my office now." He snapped and both girls walked behind him, Andrea walked a little more proud knowing she had won the fight.Once they were in the principle's office, he had them set down in the chairs on each side of the room. He sat behind his own desk and looked between the girls for a moment before he cleared his throat.

"Alright, what was this all about?" He demanded in a calm neutral voice. Val took too long to speak up so Andrea took matters into her own hands. She wiped the blood from her lip and spoke.

"She pissed me off so I threw her a beatin' like I said I would next time she fucked with me." She stated calmly and Val scoffed with a roll of her eyes. Mr. Henderson stared hard at Andrea as if to tell if she was lying or not.

"So, who threw the first punch?" He questioned.

"She did." He looked to Val for confirmation and she nodded reluctantly. He sighed and the two girls waited, absolutely terrified of their punishment.

"Well, even though Valary hit you first, I have to be fair and suspend both of you for one week. Go home and I'll notify your parents." Andrea stood up and walked out of the office. Brian and the guys were waiting on her. Brian went to say something but she raised her hand telling him to stop.

"Brian, just don't. I don't need your shit right now. I just want to go home." She mumbled as she started tearing up. Her life was over. She just knew it.

****

When they walked through the front door, their parents were waiting on them. Her mom looked like she was furious and her dad looked like he was trying not to smile. Suzy snatched Andrea's upper arm and dragged her into the living room throwing her down on the couch. Andrea sat there with her head down knowing what was coming next. Brian watched helplessly as his mom yelled at his sister with no mercy.

"Andrea Nicole Haner, I told you the next time this happened that I would send you away! Now choose your words carefully and explain to me what happened and maybe I'll consider letting you stay here!" Andrea took a deep breath and began explaining.

"She came up to me and Matt and said some stuff and I called her a narsosistic bitch, then she punched me. Before I knew what was happening, we were both on the floor beating the snot out of each other. If you don't believe me, call Matt. He'll tell you." She said wiping her eyes and her lip that was still bleeding furiously. Suzy told Brian to call Matt but paced back and forth in front of Andrea.

Brian came in and handed his mom the phone. She only used a few words as he explained but she felt her anger melt away slowly. She hung up the phone and looked at Andrea with slightly furrowed eyebrows. She looked torn about what she was about to say and Andrea braced herself for the worst.

"I believe you and you can stay here but Andrea the next time this happens you're getting sent away without discussion. You remember what happened last time, you need to calm down and think things through rationally. I am however going to send you to behavioral therapy. I'll call and get you the next available appointment." She said patting Andrea's leg. She stood and walked off pulling her phone out of her pocket. Behavioral therapy?! Andrea knew she was messed up but not that messed up. Brian looked at his little sister with eyes full of anger and worry. The anger was not directed to her. She stood slowly and walked up to her room. Why did she always let everything get to her. Why did she have so many anger issues? One thing was for sure, she had definitely fucked herself over this time
♠ ♠ ♠
so we're starting to get peeks into
Andrea's past and her issues.
and in time i will explain wht happened with her
real dad and wht happened the last time
she got into a fight.
:)
sry it took so long, computer issues, and i've been
extremely busy