If only we could relive yesterday.

Got a jet pack with your name on it.

Days passed, and soon I was starting to learn how to cope without him next to me all the time. School was hell though, seeing him smiling and and laughing with his friends didn't make things easier. Though those were my friend as well, I separated myself from my old 'click' and began to venture out into the world of high school.
My eyes were opened, it was like being in a relationship was holding me back from actually being a real teenager again. Things were so different, even walking down the hallways felt strange without his hand in mine. I pushed him out of my head, school was what I needed to be concerned about. Missing so many days really puts you behind. I was so far behind I was taking every second of free time I could possibly find to study, or make up work.
Weeks flew by and I slowly started forgetting about him.
Wrong. Forgetting wasn't the right word, I started thinking about him less and less, but the pain hadn't quite faded away. He was in three of my classes, and in two of them we sat close to each other. Sometimes I'd find myself thinking about him thinking about me. I missed the way he'd kiss me, the way the butterflies fluttered in my stomach every time he told me he loved me. I miss the long phone conversations we use to have on a regular basics. But that was all over now, would things ever really be the same?
It was Friday, October 15th, sitting in biology on that rainy day it was like someone had taken my heart out of my chest and smashed it right before my eyes.
Her name was Nikkie Freeman, also known as the prettiest girl in the junior class. She was Drake's lab partner and I couldn't help but watch them as they chatted back and forth. I hadn't seen him smile like that since before we ended our relationship, and that was back in September. She really had those pearly whites shining, and those eyes fluttering like they did for me way back when. He was laughing, and smiling, and he really looked like he was enjoying himself. Deep down I was kind of glad someone could make him smile like that again, even if it was the girl I despised the most.
Looking up at him every chance I had wasn't the smartest thing I could have done. He began to notice that I was watching him talk to his new 'friend.' We haven't had a real conversation since before the break up. Making eye contact with him was strange. I was having flashbacks to those moments when I could get lost in those dark brown eyes. But now, it's as though were strangers to one another.
I tried to focus on our octopus that we were suppose to be dissecting, but the memories were coming back all at once. It was like a rush of the life I use to live, and then in the blink of an eye it was all gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think?