‹ Prequel: Living in the Shadows
Status: Active

Running from a Vengeance

New Man: Chapter Twelve

* Ayla *

I was sitting on the edge of the bed, waiting for Christ to kill me. He was pacing around the room endlessly, glaring at me every once in a while. He had been staring at me all night, waiting, daring me to make a move. I was too scared to make a move. He was too scared to sleep. His eyes were dark and his lips looked chapped. We both jumped when his phone rang.

“Christ.” He answered, gritting his teeth. “You’ve got to be fucking kidding me. We’ll be right there.” He looked at me, gun in my direction. “Put those clothes back on and then come over here, back to me.”

I obliged, not wanting to get shot. The clothes they had given me were clearly guys’ clothes. With all the money they had, they definitely could afford something nice for me to wear, but I wasn’t going to press the issue. Christ gripped the collar of my shirt and we walked down the stairs and outside.

The morning air was cool and the sun was bright. One of the few sunny days Washington had ever seen I’m sure. Christ made sure I was in the van and not going anywhere before he drove off. I didn’t move, he still had the gun in his hand. It took us a while to get to the guys, but when we did, they were pissed. The all jumped into the van and pushed me out of the way like I wasn’t even there.

“I can’t believe those fuckers!” Christ exclaimed to Vengeance.

“No shit!” Vengeance yelled back. “I don’t even have the slightest clue as to where they went.”

Gates gripped a fistful of my hair and wrenched my head back. He pressed his lips to my ear. “They’re going to have to come back at some point, aren’t they honey?” He let out a deep chuckle before releasing my head.

“That’s true.” Vengeance said in a slithering tone. “And when they do come back, won’t we be ready for them.”

I hoped that deep down, Matt had remembered what he promised me. He had promised that he would come back. Not to mention, Belle was my best friend, she would come back for me right? There’s no way the could come for me though, with the fear that they would be caught again. I was being selfish. I didn’t want them to come back for me, that would just lead to their demise in the end. I was a terrible friend.

“Let’s go!” Vengeance yelled at me. I had been so deep in thought that I hadn’t realized that they were already out of the vehicle and we were at the house.

I accepted his help getting out of the vehicle. For the first time since I came here, I was walking into what was going to be my home. As much as I didn’t want to admit it, I was pretty sure I wasn’t going to be leaving here.

“I need to let off some steam. I’m going to freshen up, you should do the same.” He placed his hand on my back as we walked into the house. “Meet me in the bedroom when you’re done.”

“Who’s monitoring?” Vengeance asked the three other men.

“I will.” Rev murmured, heading up the stairs to the computer room.

Vengeance went to the bathroom downstairs. I assumed that meant he wanted me in the one upstairs. I trudged up over the stairs and went into the bathroom. I took off the clothes I was given and looked at myself in the mirror. I didn’t want to sleep with him. My body was in severe pain from last night. Both lower regions and my throat were killing me, and my arms were tired. He was going to be expecting something special too I’m sure.

I was filthy, and got knew when the last time I had showered was. I made sure the water was super hot and got in. Just feeling the water against my greasy skin felt wonderful. I felt the dirt and grime fall off me, like it was an extra layer over my skin. I lathered the soap onto a loofa and scraped my body clean. I was red, and raw from the heat and exfoliation, but I didn’t care. It’s what my body needed desperately. After washing my hair I got out and wrapped a towel around myself. I figured Vengeance would want to just cut to the chase so I didn’t bother with clothes again.

I made my way from the bathroom to the bedroom. When I got in, Vengeance was already there, but he was reading a book, with glasses on. I raised an eyebrow skeptically. He jumped and threw the book onto the floor and tossed his glasses there too.

“You should knock.” He said, looking flustered.

“Were you just reading?”

He was lying back on the bed nonchalantly. “It’s an erotic novel.”

I walked around to the other side and peered at what he was really reading. The DaVinci Code. I laughed. “Just because nude things are mentioned in a book, that doesn’t make it erotica.”

“Look, you can’t tell them.” He looked at the door in fear.

“How come? And can’t they see on the monitor?” I looked up at the camera in the corner of the room.

“No, I told them to shut off the camera in my room.” He explained, looking me up and down.

“Oh, sorry.” I dropped the towel, thinking that was why he was giving me elevator eyes. “And I won’t say anything to them.”

He let out a sigh of relief. “Thank you. Why are you undressing?”

“Well, what were you expecting?” I asked, looking at him surprised.

“Oh, well by unwind I mean that I wanted to go to sleep, I’m sure you could use some as well.” He patted the bed beside him. “But feel free to keep the clothes off.”

I walked over to the bed and lay down next to him. As he covered the blankets over me he settled his hand on my hip. “I may want some later though.”

I chuckled. “I have a question for you though.” I turned around and face him. He looked at me eagerly. “You knew I was coming in the room, so why didn’t you hide the book before I came in?”

He laughed and looked up at the canopy of the bed. “Because I’ve lived with a lot of women, and most of them take much longer showers than you did. Not to mention, I don’t get much time to read with the reputation I have to hold up, I take any free second I can get.”

“Okay.” I said, satisfied with my answer.

We both fell asleep fairly quickly. We slept from two that afternoon, until noon the next day. After everything we’d all been through, I think everyone really needed it. Vengeance hadn’t disturbed me upon getting up. In fact, he came in with breakfast made.

“Why are you being so nice to me? Belle told me about this.” I was getting increasingly worried about his tactics.

“What do you mean?” He looked like he really didn’t know what I was talking about.

Hold yourself together Ayla, don’t fall for his tricks. “She told me that you tried to make her believe that you loved her by being nice to her and shit. You just wanted her to fuck you more. BAM! You tried to kill her!”

Vengeance sighed and rubbed his temples. “I can’t just be nice to someone?”

“You can’t just be nice to someone who helped your victims escape with out it being suspicious!” I exclaimed, being completely factual with what I was saying.

“You have a point. I guess you’re just going to have to try and trust me.”

I had never laughed so hard in my life. “Alright, I’m going to trust the man that raped and intended to kill my best friend, and who got me raped, and intends to kill me. I will absolutely do that.” I said with a thick amount of sarcasm.

“Good, you should.” He grinned at me.
This was going to be an interesting time here.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it. I know it's been a while since I updated, but my roommate's father just died two weeks ago and I went through a lot of emotional stress with that so thank you for being so patient! I really didn't have it in me to write for a while.

On a lighter note

I'm going to an A7X show on May 1st! Woot!

Thank you to those who commented:

amyEternal7x
lizicea7x
Cage the Daiton
SurfSkittles
XxWishxOnxAxStarxX

And the first place winner of my A7X kidnap contest will be getting her author's note and signature fame on my new and up coming story starring *drum roll* Zacky Vengeance! Keep an eye out for it it will be amazing, and her stories are wonderful so read them.

2nd place contest winner: You Had Me At Hello: Written By: For I have Syn

3rd place winner: Was: Falling Angel! I recommend that you read her stories!

ALSO! The last thing before I post this I promise. I have my new website ShankhillBanners where I make banners for people! If you want one, just fill out the request form and you'll get it!