‹ Prequel: Living in the Shadows
Status: Active

Running from a Vengeance

Now We're Running From Them Too?: Chapter 16

* Ayla *

When Zack returned early the next morning, I heard him yelling from his bedroom. “Grab her legs! Come on I need help!”

I ran to the door and opened it. Zack was dragging a girl up the stairs with the help of Gates. She screamed and pleaded for them not to do this, but I knew they weren’t going to care. She had a bag over her head. It was Belle. I could tell.

“We got her boys, good job. Now, time to finish the job.” Zack pulled off the brown sack and looked at her face. “Wait, you’re not Belle.”

“Yeah no shit!” She yelled, spitting into his face.

Zack wiped the spit from his face. Normally he would have hit her, but right now he was irritated about something else. “Which one of you idiots grabbed her? Huh?” He looked around at the other three, none of them made a move. “Now they have time to fucking escape! You know that right?”

Zack began pacing around. I stood there not making a sound. I didn’t want him to get mad at me too. But then he looked right at me. “You know her, where would she be going next?”

I was speechless. I didn’t have a clue. “I don’t know, Matt’s your friend, do you know where he will go?”

* Belle *

I was standing in Matt’s room alone thinking about what to do. If I stayed Zack and the others were going to find me for sure. They would take me and probably kill me so staying wasn’t an option, I didn’t care what Gary thought he was capable of, and if I left, well the problem was where would I go? Going to my father’s would be too risky, they would be able to find me no problem. I certainly couldn’t go back to Maine either. Matt was going to be in danger too. He and I only had one option, and that was to trust each other. We needed each other I order to make it out of this whole mess alive, as much as we didn’t want to be around each other right now.

“Matt!” I yelled, making my way downstairs. I continued to yell his name until I stood in front of the room I knew he was in. I rapped on the door. He mumbled something that sounded like “hold on.” There was some shuffling and giggling going on and I couldn’t believe it. Really? After what just happened he was trying to get his rocks off? What a sick man.

He opened the door shirtless in his boxers. I hated that. He was trying to piss me off by being sexy, and it was working. There were two girls on the bed covering themselves with the sheets. “What?” He asked.

“We need to talk.” I said, arms crossed over my chest.

“Well as you can see,” he looked behind himself at the two women on the bed, “I’m a little busy.

“I can see that, but as you can see we have a crisis on our hands. We need to leave as soon as possible.” I couldn’t believe he was just lounging. “They have your favorite girl in their custody. Aren’t you upset about that?”

Matt frowned and looked back at the girls in the room. “Our fun is over girls. Goodnight.” He shut the door behind himself and walked out, his bare feet tapping on the stone floor. “What are we supposed to do?”

I scoffed, as if I knew. “I don’t know where we can go. Your father seems to think he can take care of us here, but I know damn well that he can’t. I mean, look at what happened.”

“So you really just pulled me out of there with no plan?” He asked, rolling his eyes. “I’m going back.” He turned away from me.

I grabbed his arm in frustration. “I was hoping that you could help me!” I exclaimed, I was shocked at how nonchalant he was acting.

“How am I supposed to help? This was the only safe place I could think of!”

That was impossible. These guys had tons of houses that the others obviously didn’t know about. “Do you remember when they took me away from you and we went to a house that you didn’t know about in Ohio?”

Matt nodded in understanding.

“Don’t you have a house or something that they don’t know about? You must.”

Matt shook his head. “I didn’t think that it would come to this, that’s why I never got one.”

This was utterly frustrating. There was nowhere. There wasn’t a single place in the whole world we could go that would be safe.

“How much money do you have?” I asked, hoping he had enough and maybe we could rent a house or an apartment somewhere.

“Enough. Why?”

“We may need to rent a house or something. Do you think that could be possible?” I was hoping he would be open to this idea. It was the only thing I could think of.

“Alright.” He rubbed the top of his head and sighed. “We’re going to have to get fake IDs. I know a guy.” He pulled out his cell phone and called someone.

“Hey man, I need a favor.” Matt walked away toward the kitchen.

I stayed where I was, not wanting to hear something he maybe didn’t want me to hear. At least he was willing to try. He came over to me and grinned. “He’s working on them now. Let’s go. His house is safe.”

Matt walked off to the room he was in with the girls. I supposed it was time to go pack my things. As I walked upstairs, Gary stopped me in the hallway. He looked at me deeply with his gorgeous eyes. “Do you have to go?” He asked with a somber expression.

“Yeah I do. Zack knows where we are now. We have to go.” I started to walk away. Gary grabbed my arm, pulled me back and kissed me.

He took my breath away in this single kiss. It lasted many seconds causing my limbs to grow heavy. “Please stay.” He whispered quietly to me.

“Gary, if I stay, I’ll die.” With that, I escaped his grasp and walked to Matt’s room. This just figured. I finally met a nice guy and now I had to leave. If only Matt could be as great as his father.

“Shit!” Matt yelled from downstairs. “Belle let’s go!”

I opened the door and ran downstairs. “What’s going on?”

“They’re here! The police are here!”

Even though the police would help me and I knew it, they would also keep me in custody until they could figure out everything that happened. I didn’t want to be kept in custody, and I didn’t want Matt or Gary to go to jail for helping me. Even though I was angry with Matt, he had done nothing but try to help me. One of the girls must’ve called the police. Bitches! Gary was in the hallway and handed me a set of keys. “Take this and take the Ferrari. You’ll be able to escape in that.”

I kissed his cheek, thanked him and ran to Matt. The police were already knocking on the door. Matt looked at me and saw the keys in my hands. He grabbed them from me. “Let’s go.” He took my hand and pulled me down to the basement which lead into the garage. In there we got into the Ferrari. I hopped in and Matt got into the driver’s seat. We crept out slowly and made our way out the back side of the house. Gary would keep them distracted, but we couldn’t stay there anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I've been gone forever. I've been through a nasty breakup where my ex cheated on me, a new relationship, and a death in my family. So here we go! I'm back! Sorry if I've pissed anyone off, I didn't mean to. Thank you to those of you who are sticking around :)