The Tracks of My Tears

Drop It.

Image

The Tracks Of My Tears

Chapter Twelve

As weeks passed Annie and Joe stayed away from each other, knowing that being close again would only make them want things the way the used to be, and both were scared they would act on those feelings, Danielle and Denise noticed this right away, and constantly tried getting them alone together, but Joe nor Annie wouldn't have it. On the day Joe was leaving for New York, having to go back to Katie sooner or latter. Denise forced Annie to come along, hoping that maybe they would talk on the way there or something, and of course she helped it along.

“So, Joe, honey, when will you be back?”

“In a few months....” he trailed off, looking out the passenger side window. They only manged to record seven of the fourteen songs they needed, so Joe would have to come back to finish the work.

“Me and your father were thinking of coming out for a visit soon... maybe Annie would like to come?” Denise beamed at her through the rear view mirror.

“Nah, I'm good...”

“It would be lovely, me and Kevin Sr. could go off and you and Joe can go do.... something” she still beamed at her, Joe looked over at her and gave her a look that was almost like a beg for her to stop talking, but she didn't. “Now look, you two have a lot of history, and you both don't seem to know how to handle it, I'm not saying its bad, but I think it would be wise if you talked about your feelings instead of just stuffing them away.”

“Coming from you who that it was a good idea to serve your children that meatloaf last night” Joe barked, looking rather peeved now.

“I told you I was experimenting with flavors. if you didn't like it, you didn't have to eat it” she told him, looking also peeved, Annie just kept quit to herself.

“I didn't... I gave my to the dog” Joe stated.

“At least he appreciated it... unlike some of us” Denise mused, looking at the road like it had just threatened her life.

“He ran for it when I put it in his dog dish.... RAN FOR THE HILLS.”

“I don't like your attitude, Joseph.”

“And I don't like you pushing her on me” Joe barked, Annie felt hurt by those words, but told herself that he was only angry.

“I'm not pushing her on you, I'm just trying to help you both, your the one who start this whole thing... if you would have just let the feelings as just tha....”

“OH, DON'T YOU GIVE ME THAT” Joe yelled, he looked as if he was about to jump out of the moving car.

“Its true, Joseph, you let things get out of hand... and you hid it from your own mother... I could have helped you, could have helped you with your father, but no...no just keep something like that to yourselves... and it was no wonder your father was so angry, she was so...so...”

“She knew what she was getting into... she didn't have to, but she did.... why can't you people see that? I didn't do anything wrong.”

“YOUR BOTH TALKING LIKE I'M NOT RIGHT EFFING HERE” Annie yelled finally, from the back seat, Joe's eyes landed on her, he didn't say anything and just looked at her. “I don't understand why you both don't just shut up... I'm so tired of this... its over.... he's getting married.... and I don't want to deal with this anymore.... just drop it.”

Neither of them said anything ells, the rest of the ride to LAX was silent. Once they got there Joe jumped out of the car as fast as he could grabbing his bags and rushing inside, trying to ditch them obviously.

“Annie, I'm sorry about....” Denise started, as they walked to the LAX building.

“No... its alright.... I just want to move on from.... that.... its over and I think I'm starting to....to...I don't know.”

“I understand.”

They found Joe in the airport, right at the secretary, him and his mother shared an awkward hug before he departed without a single look at Annie. Hours latter she sat in her room, thinking hard about Joe and the argument in the car. She diffidently wasn't over Joe, but she wanted to be, it was to late for them and even though he once said that maybe when she was older, that wasn't going to happen, he was getting married and it was just simply over, she would have to just get over it. Just then her phone rang. She picked it up and looked at the ID, her heart almost leaped out of her chest.

“Hel...hello?”

“Hey....”

“Wh...what....why are you calling?” she asked, confused, she didn't want to sound mean, but she was confused.

“I just wanted to see if I called would you answer.... and you did.”

She couldn't see his face, but she could tell he was smiling.

“I did...”

“Why?”

“ Because I love you” she said without thinking, but it was true, she loved him, and she never ever could stop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda a suck ish chapter..... please comment!! Sorry I'm not updating like I used to... I know when I get to the point in the story I'm trying to get to, everything will just be like butter... but I need to get to that point... these things take time.... anyway... COMMENT!! :D