The Tracks of My Tears

New York.

Image

The Tracks Of My Tears

Chapter Twenty

“Hurry up, Annie, we gotta get to the airport” she heard Denise yell from downstairs. She sighed, this was it she was going to fly to New York see Joe and tell him she was pregnant, she didn't know how he was going to take it or what he would do, would he be mad? Angry she didn't tell him sooner? Maybe he wouldn’t want anything do to with his child, and he would rat her out to his parents and she would be kicked out...alone, with a baby. She pushed those thoughts from her mind, she had to tell him that was the end of it, but how would she do it? How would it be best phrased?

She thought about this the whole way to the airport, they boarded the plane and her mind was still busy with ways of breaking the news. She sat next to Nick on the plane; he was writing down lyrics on an airsick bag for hours, Annie would look over at him once in awhile, his head was bent over the white bag and his lips were mumbling words she couldn't hear. At last she fell asleep, her brain still trying to think of a plan.

Annie was woken up by Nick hours latter, he shaking her wildly, she almost yelled at him, after all she did have a baby on bored now, but he didn't know that....and it was all she could do to make sure he didn't find out. They walked off the plane, and got their luggage only to be greeted by a thrilled looking Katie and a not so happy looking Joe. As soon as Annie saw him her heart began to pump, but not in the normal way, in the nervous way. She almost wanted to scream it out.... just scream out that she was pregnant with his baby, it would make it so much easier.

“I rented you all a car so you can just drive to Jersey tomorrow” Joe stated, after their hellos to everyone. “Danielle and Kevin will be checking us all in tonight.”

“Why can't we just drive out tonight?” Frankie asked, he wasn't much for weddings.

“Cause.... that wasn't the plan” Nick stated.

“And we must have order in Nick's world” Frankie muttered. Nick gave him a look and Frankie just smiled. Nothing ells was said as they all walked out, Nick, Kevin Sr., Denise, Frankie and Annie all tried to pile in to the little car Joe had rented them.

“Oh, this will not work....” Katie trailed off, she was standing there watching them all try to put all their stuff into the small red car. “Two of you will ride with us.”

“Witch two?” Nick barked, trying to shove his over sized duffel bag into the small, packed trunk.

“Um....Annie.. she is my maid of honor after all...”

“AND?” Nick barked, still.

“Who ever ells wants to come...”

“You know, I think we can get everyone ells in, you guys take Annie and we'll meet you at the house” Kevin Sr. said, Annie looked at him weird, was he saying it was ok for her and Joe to drive to his apartment? Had he just been to busy trying to fit their stuff in the trunk that he couldn't remember who was who? Although Annie thought she saw a gleam in his eye, like he had wanted her to drive with them to see that Joe was happier without her.

Joe carried Annie's bags to their car, he shoved them into the trunk of the car and got in, Katie fallowed and Annie realized she was just standing in a parking lot looking foolish.

“Hurry up, dear” Katie called from the car, Annie ripped open the door and slide inside the back seat, her eyes were on Joe as they drove out of the parking out. Katie had twisted in her seat and she was now looking at Annie. “I'm so happy your here....aren’t you Joe?”

“Yeah.. thrilled” he stated in a cold voice.

“He's a bit grumpy today.....” Katie trailed off, with a smile.

“Why?” Annie asked, her eyes taring away from Joe to look at Katie.

“I'm sure its from the stress of the wedding... once its all over he'll be all better.”

“Ha....” Joe's voice rang in the car. Katie ignored him and continued to smile at Annie.

“I'm sorry we never got to spend the time together like I wanted.... us moving to New York and all, but it was a chance of a life time...this job, its amazing.”

“She's got a really great boss... don't you, Katie?” Joe's voice rang again.

“Yes, he's nice... Joe thinks he was trying to make a pass at me, but that wasn’t true.. and even if it was I would never look at another man....I love Joe.”

Annie let the sudden tightness of her chest over take her, she loved him.... but she could never love him as much as Annie did?

“So, whats the plan for tomorrow?” Annie asked, wanting to change the subject fast.

“Well, were leaving early in the morning, then we get there, look at where the wedding will be taking place and where the reception is going to be, then the next day we have the rehearsal dinner and that night were having our parties.... and were not allowed to see each other, then the next day is the wedding.... I can't wait” her voice was filled with glee and happiness, it made Annie fell like shit, not that she normally didn't now a-days, with the morning sickness and all.

“Sounds fun...” Annie trailed off, she was finding it hard not to look over at Joe again. But she kept her eyes on Katie; who just beamed at her. They arrived at the apartment, it was in the heart of New york City, it was vary close to Broadway. Katie rushed inside to make sure everything was perfect before the rest of the family showed up. She kind of lingered behind, watching as Joe pulled her stuff from the trunk, she was hoping to talk to him as they walked, but they stayed silent as they went up the stairs to the third floor. Joe pushed open the door for her and she walked in, it was a lovely place, and it definitely looked like Katie lived there; everything being so cheery. It made Annie feel worse.

“I hope some of your family doesn't mind sleeping on the floor and on the couch” Katie said, rushing out from the kitchen,

“They won't mind” Annie stated.

“Ok, well, you, Nick and Frankie will be in the living room then, Mr. and Mrs. Jonas will be in the other bedroom.”

“I told you, Kate...call them Denise and Kevin... they will be your family now too” Joe stated, he was talking to Katie but his eyes were on Annie.

“I know... but it just feels so rude...” Katie trailed off and Joe laughed. Soon everyone ells arrived, Katie’s aunt would be flying out the day before the wedding and some of her friends from work would be driving out the day before as well. That night Katie made them a dinner, trying to show Denise she could take care of her son, not that Denise really cared, but she sure can act.

Latter that night Annie lay away on the couch, she hadn't had a dream about her mother since her mother had visited her room, but she kind of wished she would, her mothers help was greatly needed with what she had to do. She heard moving around, she looked up eagerly, hoping for either Joe or her mother, but alas it was only Nick rolling around in his sleep on the floor. She lay back down but just as she did she heard something ells, this time she saw a shadow walking from the hall into the kitchen, she got up, and fallowed who ever it was. Once she got into the kitchen she seen by refrigerator light that it was Joe.

“Hi...” she said, meekly.

“Hi.”

“What are you doing?” she asked, sitting down at the kitchen table.

“Trying to find something edible.. damn women makes shit by the pounds and it would be alright if it was any good” Joe mused, with spite in his voice.

“I thought it was good... Although, I think anything is good lately” she said without thinking, she looked up at him scared but he didn't seem to notice. He closed the frig door and turned on the lights over top them, he sat down across from Annie with a spoon and a thing of ice cream. Annie's belly right away wanted some too.

“So, why did you fallow me in here....why aren’t you asleep?” Joe asked, pulling the spoon from his lips, licking the back side of it. Annie didn't know witch was more appealing.. Joe's actions on that spoon or the ice cream.

“Um....” she was feeling a bit hot now. “I couldn't sleep.”

“Me either...” he trailed off.

“Can I have a bite of that?” she couldn't stop the words from coming out, she knew she would regret it in the morning when she was sick as hell for hours... but that was then and she wanted it now.

“You don't even like mint...” Joe trailed off, looking at her weird.

“Yeah I do.”

“No you don't...”

“Yeah I do...” she ripped the spoon and the ice cream out of his hands and took the biggest spoon full she could muster and shoved it into her mouth, she looked up at Joe and he was watching her amused. “You know what would be good with this? Fish.”

“What?” Joe asked, looking grossed out.

“Do you got any fish?”

“No....”

“Damn...”

“Your being weird... jet lagged or something?”

“No...no...but... I have something to tell you.”

“What?” he asked, leaning over the table a little, he looked excited.

“I....I'm...I...”

“You want me to call off the wedding?” he asked, with a smile.

“NO.”

“Then what?”

“I'm....I...I don't know how to tell you....”

“Just tell me already...” he trailed off, not seeming as interested as he was before.

“I'm per....”

“Oh, there you are, Joe” Katie's voice came from behind them. “Was I interrupting something?”

“No...” Annie trailed off, sighing.

“I thought you wanted to tell me something?” Joe asked, confused.

“It can wait till tomorrow....”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, when do you think she'll tell him?? Please comment!!! :)