The Tracks of My Tears

Alone.

Image

Tracks Of My Tears

Chapter Seven

“So, have you picked a place yet?” Denise asked, her Kevin Sr. Nick, Annie and Joe and Katie all sat at the kitchen table.

“Not yet... I think somewhere in new york would be lovely” Katie stated.

“I agree, New York in the spring is beautiful.”

“Will there be a bar?” Denise asked, checking things off the list in front of her.

“No... their will be children there, and I think its trashy” Katie stated.

“Damn.... what's the point then?” Nick whined. “If I can't get wasted and eat to much cake... no point in even going.”

“Shut up...” Annie trailed off, the first she time said anything since Denise had forced her to join the table. Joe hadn't said a word either, his eyes were fixed on Annie and Annie was pretending not to notice. Hours latter him and Katie were now on the way back to his house.

“You don't spend much time with Annie...” she trailed off. “I don't think I've even seen you talk to her.”

“We don't get along vary well...” Joe trailed off, he wasn't lying they hadn't been getting along at all.

“Oh...” she trailed off.

“If you want to kick her out of the wedding par...”

“No” Katie stated. “That's mean, I already promised her.”

“I don't think she'll care...”

“Joe... can I talk to you?”

“I thought you already were” he laughed, she didn't laugh and he looked at her seriously. “What?”

“You know how this is my last year in law school... and... and well I got a job offer in New York....” she trailed off.

“That's great” he smiled.

“I.. I can't move to New York and you be here.... I mean that's per....”

“I'll move to New York to... nothings holding me here” he said, he liked the idea of being far away from the temptation that was Annie, and he liked the idea of no more family dinners.

“YOU WILL?” she gushed, pulling him into a hug even thought he was driving.

“Of course, I'll do anything for you” he lied, he felt shamed already. She talked a lot about this and that the rest of the ride, but to Joe it just sounded like buzzing in his ear. He was a little worried about telling his parents he was moving to New York, but him and Nick talked about it years ago, they didn't have a problem with it then so they should be fine with it now, his mind then wondered on how Annie would take it, would she be happy he was leaving? Or would she be mad at him for leaving? He didn't know, at first he thought it be great to be away from Annie, but then it hit him, he wouldn't see her at all not even at the family dinners. His heart felt like someone was squeezing it, he missed her already and he hadn't even left yet.

With in the next mouth he and Katie moved to New york, when he broke the news to his whole family Annie didn't even seem to care, she almost looked happy about it, that crushed him even though he told himself not to bother with it. Katie started her job as a lawyers office and now he hardly ever seen her, he felt alone... vary alone, he often sat in his bed and stared at Annie's number, wondering if he called would she answer?

Annie sighed, she was alone again, the whole house empty, everyone off doing this and that, she never had anything to do, just sat there and look stupid, she sighed eating a bowl of ice cream watching some dumb soap on TV. Suddenly the front door opened and Annie didn't even bother looking up, thinking it was Nick.

“HEY, VIRGIN, I GOT THE SOAPS ON, YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO KILLED TONY...”

“Rachel?” the girls voice asked.

“OH.... Dani, I thought you were Nick” Annie smirked.

“No... I'm not the virgin...”

Danielle sat down next to Annie and smiled.

“What are you doing here?” Annie asked.

“Bored....”

“Me too!”

“I came to the right place then.... hear from Joe lately?”

“HELL NO.... I don't talk to him.”

“You should... he misses you... I talked to him this s'morning... don't tell Kevin” Danielle stated.

“I wont... I didn't know you were that close with Joe...”

“Well, he calls me to tell me about... well... things.”

“Like?” Annie asked.

“Mostly to talk about how much he misses you... he told me you kissed awhile back.”

“What he tell you that for?” Annie barked.

“He tells me all that stuff.... he thinks he can trust me.. and he can, so can you” Danielle told her.

“I don't have anything to say...”

“I think you do...” Danielle smiled at her.

“Whatever....”

“You know he's coming back in a few weeks?” Danielle then asked.

“What for?”

“Recording...”

“Oh... great, now I'm going to have to see him... wheres he staying?”

“With us...” Danielle smiled. “If you want to come over and see him, I can make me and Kevin go out one night.”

“No thanks.... he's getting married.”

“He doesn't love her as much as he loves you” Danielle told her.

“That's not my problem.”

“It should be... you should be trying to get him back.”

“I'm not allowed to get him back...”

Danielle sighed, shaking her head, Annie then got up, taking her bowl of ice cream into the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like this story is being rushed... buts this is the way its suppose to go.... tell me if it sounds rushed to any of you!! PLEASE COMMENT!!!