First Screwed-Up Love

001

The air was humid as I walked down the beach and watched the setting sun and the waves kissing the seashore. The people were all busy; most of them were tourists, enjoying the feeling and atmosphere of summer. I walked slower than usual, thinking of the days of my youth, back to the time that my heart was filled with love and wild passion.

I have always thought that when I have a crush, he’s the one I’m going to marry. Like I felt that we were made for each other. I always think of him, pictures and visions of the two of us occupied on my mind. Oh, I forgot to tell you his name was Brad. Back when we were in high school, I had a big crush on him. I swooned every time I see him, and blush every time he uttered my name. His smile always took my breath away, leaving me speechless.

For once, he was the center of my world, my day and night, the one I could ever think of, and the one I would give my whole life for. He was like a god to me (but of course, no one can surpass the real GOD), for I reached to the point that I almost worshipped him. He didn’t
know anything about this.

But all my idiocies and sacrifices were all thrown to the trash bin. I found out one day that Brad had a girlfriend- a replacement one, though. Ha-ha. Such a poor girl, but I was poorer than her. My heart turned into ashes when I saw him making out with that bitch. I hurriedly ran out and cried; my tears almost turned into blood. I was a real idiot. I was blinded by love.

That experience left me with a big lesson. He wasn’t worthy of my love, my tears and everything I have.

It has been thirteen years, and now that I’m twenty-nine, I have found the right one. My husband, Lawrence, loves me as much as I love him. That was the time that I finally understood the meaning of the word “destiny”.

I walked a few steps further, absorbing everything, staring at the horizon and breathed out. Looking back to my high school years, I realized I hadn’t made any sense in my life, like I’ve thrown them into the burning fire. I swore to myself that I would never go back to that life again. I want to forget everything.

“Jane?” someone asked me from a distance.

I saw Brad when I looked up.

Brad… so much has changed in him…

And there, the magic of first love filled the air.

THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
♠ ♠ ♠
haha. very short...peace out!