The Past Hurts

Vampire

The rest of the day, I avoided the Cullens, or tried to at least. It was going pretty good until Art, my class before lunch. I sat in my seat drawing absentmindedly. I wasn't really paying attention to my drawing. I couldn't stop thinking about Jasper. Did he think I was weird? I didn't even have a vision in front of him though. Maybe I just have weirdo tattooed on my forehead. Why could I just be normal? And I still couldn't get his eyes out of my mind! They looked like they penetrate my soul when ever he looks at me!

His gorgous golden eyes. They were so unlike any other eyes I seen. He was unique. But I also noticed that his whole family also had golden eyes. But his eyes... they stood out among the rest. The bell woke me from my thoughts, I jumped surprised. I looked around and saw everybody packing up. I turned back to my drawing and stared into the golden eyes on my paper. They weren't like the real ones, but I think I did a pretty good job.

"Trinity!" I turned around in my seat and saw Alice skipping towards me.

"Alice, hey." I said quickly. I started packing up my stuff, trying to get away quickly.

"I was walking by the classroom and thought I'd walk with you to lunch." She said.

"Thanks, but Cain asked if I would sit with him and I told him I would." I said getting up to leave.

"But you promised you'd sit with us today."

"I know, but I sat with you yesterday. Besides, I don't think Jasper wants me to sit with you guys anyways." I shrugged.

"Jasper? Of course he does. Why wouldn't he?" She asked.

"Well... he more or less told me so himself."

"I bet he didn't mean it."

"I'm pretty sure he did. It's ok though. Like I told Jasper, I'm sort of used to not being wanted."

"Maybe he was in a bad mood. When did he say this?"

"Almost exactly after we left your car."

"Oh. Well, you should sit with us anyways. Jasper's always been moody."

"I have not." I bit my lip and looked down, instantly recongizing his wonderful voice.

"Jasper, why did you tell her not to sit with us?" Alice asked stopping in front of the hallway to turn around and look at Jasper.

"I didn't mean it like that. Alice can I talk to Trinity alone?" Jasper asked.

"Fine. But if she isn't sitting with us at lunch, I swear, I will tear your head off." Alice said before skipping away.

"I'll tell Alice, you tried to convince me to sit with you, but I want to skip lunch, so you won't get in trouble." I said, as I started to walk away.

"Trinity, wait. I didn't mean it like that. I want you to sit with us, but my family isn't the best influence on people." Jasper said suddenly in front of me.

"H-how'd you do that?" I asked looking from where was just was and back to where he is now.

"Do what?" He asked.

"You were just standing all the way down there." I pointed behind me.

"No I wasn't. I was walking beside you." He said.

"Y-you were? I'm pretty sure-"

"You were just imagining it." He said.

"Whatever. It's not that big a deal Jasper. I don't mind not being wanted. By tomorrow I bet I'll be the odd girl once again."

"You aren't odd."

"You don't know that." I tried to walk past him, but before I could, he grabbed my arm. I looked up at him, but instantly looked back down as I could feel another vision coming. No, not here!

"Trinity please-"

"Jasper I have to go." I said quickly.

"What? Trinity just listen to me." He begged.

"No, Jasper I mean it. I have to go. Let go of me."

"Why are you being so difficult? Can't you just hear what I have to say?"

"Jasper-" Too late. Dots started to cloud my vision. Jasper's frantic voice started to sound distant and I couldn't feel his touch on my arm again. A new picture formed in front of my eyes.

I was no looking at a green field with a covered wagon on it. Three girls were standing beside it talking in hush tones. The one in the middle, stopped talking suddenly and looked toward me. It was like she was looking at me. But that can't be. Then I realized that it wasn't me she was looking at, but a soldier of some kind riding on a horse. His eyes were hazel, not gold like they are now, but I still knew it was him, Jasper.

He rode over to the three women and started converse with them. The one in the middle smiled slyly to the other two women. They talked amongst themselves. Jasper was looking at them confused. Then the women in the middle again turned to Jasper and said something to him, right before sinking her teeth into his neck.

"JASPER!" I cried out, but it didn't do anything. I tried to run to him, but I couldn't move. It was a vision. They couldn't see or hear me and I couldn't help Jasper.

I woke up gasping, my eyes wide open. I looked around frantically trying to see Jasper. I looked back up and saw him staring down at me with concerned eyes. He was alright. But what was that vision then? Was it true? No, it couldn't be. He was alive and nobody dressed like that since the nineteenth century. So why did I see it? It's always true what I see.

"Trinity, are you ok?" He asked frantically. I stared up at him quizically. I reached my hand toward his neck, not really know what to expect. As my hand moved closer to his neck, he stiffened. He was still, not even breathing. I ran my hand over his neck until I reached it. A scar. I sat up and looked at the scar. It was crescent shapped.

"What are you doing?" Jasper asked in a strained voice.

"I... you... v-vampire." I whispered unable to make a sentence. Jasper slowly turned his head to me.

"What?" He asked.

"You-you're a vampire." He shook his head and stood up.

"I think you hit your head." He said offering his hand to me.

"Jasper, she knows." I looked beside Jasper and saw Alice.

"You too?" I asked.

"I'll tell the others, wait for us outside, we'll take her home to explain." Alice said before disappearing.

"I didn't want this." Jasper sighed shaking his head. He ran his hand through his hair and looked down at me again.

"Come on, they're probable all waiting for us now." He said once again offering his hand. I took his hand and he helped me up. He was a vampire and I was going with him to his house. I should be afraid right? But I wasn't. I was calm. I trusted a vampire. I know, I'm weird right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/subscribe :)